Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2021, 07:04 AM

4,941 posts, read 3,049,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Sung View Post
Please have a chat with Joe Biden and he'll school you in basic economics.

Biden has zero background or knowledge of economics, as almost all politicians are in this country; he's a lawyer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2021, 07:12 AM

34,088 posts, read 82,945,062 times
Quote:
Ahh, another slave of Fox News. Ha ha ha.
Newbie: You have NO IDEA how far off the mark your assumption is.
The unsupported jump leads me to believe you'll be just as wrong headed on many other points too.

Old 09-17-2021, 07:13 AM

5,907 posts, read 4,429,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
You have NO IDEA how far off he mark your assumption is.
https://youtu.be/u0lQtetrIME

Old 09-17-2021, 07:17 AM

5,103 posts, read 2,048,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
One can't argue with this. America in all its "free capitalism" has crapped the bed a few times economically. It happens to the best countries, it happens to the worst countries.

Is America poised to take advantage of this Chinese downturn? Not so sure. Looks like we're about to crap the bed again ourselves at around the same time.
I suggest to keep an eye on India, they might jump on this opportunity.

Btw, strange then that poster Sam Sung arrived only recently. Is it far-fetched to think it might be a bot? I think he might like that song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Is_Z2K7guKs

Old 09-17-2021, 07:23 AM

43 posts, read 24,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
Biden has zero background or knowledge of economics, as almost all politicians are in this country; he's a lawyer.

You didn't notice that I wrote "basic" economics. I was trying to give that poster a chance to advance his economics knowledge way up to kindergarten level.

Old 09-17-2021, 07:30 AM

43 posts, read 24,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post

Btw, strange then that poster Sam Sung arrived only recently. Is it far-fetched to think it might be a bot?

Oh noooooo! I'm a wicked, Chinese, commie SPY and part of an Devilish communist conspiracy to destroy God's chosen Country .... the Saintly, Almighty United States of America.

I will now reform. Here's the proof ....PRAISE BE TO THE GLORIOUS DONALD TRUMP.

Old 09-17-2021, 07:46 AM

34,088 posts, read 82,945,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatsright19 View Post
Nope. Even farther off the mark.

Old 09-17-2021, 07:53 AM

4,941 posts, read 3,049,488 times
Quote:
You didn't notice that I wrote "basic" economics. I was trying to give that poster a chance to advance his economics knowledge way up to kindergarten level.

Oh, my miss.
Just how does China intend to replace the greenback as the planet's premier fiat currency?.
Do you think our country will passively allow our standard of living to plummet, while China cleans up?.
Throughout history, these disputes have generally been settled by wars.

Old 09-17-2021, 08:07 AM

26,191 posts, read 21,576,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatsright19 View Post
We asked Sam to sing China’s praises, and Sam sung.
:golfclap:

Old 09-17-2021, 06:06 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,233,583 times
Quote:
Does it annoy US capitalists that China (a COMMUNIST nation) is on the verge of becoming the world's biggest & most powerful CAPITALIST nation?
It would take a miracle for China to eclipse the economy of the USA in a few more years.

Our GDP is 3 times that of China proportionate to population. They have a population nearly 6 times larger than ours, with a GDP that is roughly equal.

So.. no.... why would it make US capitalists any more anxious about the Chinese economy, when there are many Western countries that have a higher rating than we do on the Global Economic Freedom Index.

But it is a good thing you admit the Chinese liberalized their economy in order to become more competitive with the free market world. Even though they're still an authoritarian one-party regime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics