Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2022, 02:35 PM

6,913 posts, read 3,372,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
The inflation we have now is phenomenally mild compared to what we're going to get.

This world is a giant lunatic asylum.
Russian inflation - yes; rest of the world - not likely much more than currently. It will be mainly energy driving most inflation which will continue to impact other sectors. The Fed will do their best to keep it under control. Green agenda right now is driving the inflation, not the money supply. It is why we need to do more to be energy independent - right now that means pulling back on these energy policies.

It is only a few that are the true lunatics - Putin and the radical left are among them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2022, 11:06 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,279,929 times
Quote:
In the next eight years, once the entire system crashes down permanently, when the chaos, discord, total destruction, and lawlessness will be so extraordinary that future writers will speak of the unfathomable or unspeakable horrors afterward (if there are any writers left in the future to record history that is), and all of what is now the US will become one giant funeral pyre burning to the very heavens above, will you still be gloating about this?

I used to be a doom and gloomer like this. I've gotten tired of waiting but am also tired of the stock market pumpers and modern monetary theorists that frequent these subforums and condone unlimited QE as healthy, so my solution was to invest in index funds and focus on other areas of life.

Like the image of grandpa simpson ranting about what is, at some point you have to accept things as they are. Printing is here to stay. Perpetual bailouts are the in thing. It's human nature.

Will it lead to a collapse or just a decade of bad inflation? Best to not worry about it too much and relax. Don't take a siege mentality. Enjoy life.

If we collapse, we collapse. So what? It's happened before, it will happen again. People might die... what if we get a world war and half the population dies? The species will survive. People will suffer, but such is life. A certain level of acceptance of what is really increases peace of mind. Don't spend all of life fighting against everything.

We are really spoiled in our modern lives. Eventually you might be right... if you are, oh well. Life goes on.

Old 03-07-2022, 11:55 AM

4,232 posts, read 2,455,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
I used to be a doom and gloomer like this. I've gotten tired of waiting but am also tired of the stock market pumpers and modern monetary theorists that frequent these subforums and condone unlimited QE as healthy, so my solution was to invest in index funds and focus on other areas of life.

Like the image of grandpa simpson ranting about what is, at some point you have to accept things as they are. Printing is here to stay. Perpetual bailouts are the in thing. It's human nature.

Will it lead to a collapse or just a decade of bad inflation? Best to not worry about it too much and relax. Don't take a siege mentality. Enjoy life.

If we collapse, we collapse. So what? It's happened before, it will happen again. People might die... what if we get a world war and half the population dies? The species will survive. People will suffer, but such is life. A certain level of acceptance of what is really increases peace of mind. Don't spend all of life fighting against everything.

We are really spoiled in our modern lives. Eventually you might be right... if you are, oh well. Life goes on.
The coming crash and the years/decades/centuries following will be like the Bronze Age Collapse, The Ancient Roman Empire collapse, the Black Plague collapse, the 30 Years War collapse, and 1914-1945, combined.... to the tenth power. I really don't know how you can be so cavalier about this.

Old 03-07-2022, 11:57 AM

5,907 posts, read 4,428,919 times
Quote:
The coming crash and the years/decades/centuries following will be like the Bronze Age Collapse, The Ancient Roman Empire collapse, the Black Plague collapse, the 30 Years War collapse, and 1914-1945, combined.... to the tenth power. I really don't know how you can be so cavalier about this.
I like when you add on things like to the 10th power where you think you’re making a point, but it makes you sound like a laughable idiot.

Old 03-07-2022, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
Why do you think we are not already in Stagflation / hyperinflation? We're living it already.
According to the IMF, Hyperinflation is 3 consecutive years of greater than 100% inflation. That’s what makes me think the USD isn’t having hyperinflation.

Old 03-07-2022, 12:01 PM

4,232 posts, read 2,455,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatsright19 View Post
I like when you add on things like to the 10th power where you think you’re making a point, but it makes you sound like a laughable idiot.
The "laughable idiots" are those who think this paradigm and "way of life" can be sustained indefinitely. You want to see "laughable idiots," just turn on any mainstream financial news network.

Old 03-07-2022, 12:12 PM

2,746 posts, read 1,780,424 times
Quote:
The "laughable idiots" are those who think this paradigm and "way of life" can be sustained indefinitely. You want to see "laughable idiots," just turn on any mainstream financial news network.
Oh, so this time the sky really is falling. Got it. Thanks C.L.

Old 03-07-2022, 12:14 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,821,209 times
I can guarantee that something will happen sometime.

That's about it.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-07-2022, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I can guarantee that something will happen sometime.

That's about it.
Nostradamus and taggerung…

The coming collapse could be years…

or decades…

or centuries.

So the next 2-3 years are definitely going to be bad but it might be so bad it’s actually the next 200-300 years.

To the tenth power!! It’s coming. Potentially, but it will be exponentially felt!

Old 03-07-2022, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Says Fed-gov's previous track record.
Would that be the track record of remaining the #1 economy on earth despite two world wars, depression, outlasting 3 of the most powerful and brutal empires ever (soviets, nazis, and imperial Japanese), Great Recession, 9/11, the 1919 and 2020 pandemics, insurrections, oil crisis, nuclear crisis, ending of bretton woods/gold standard, presidential assassinations, widespread race riots and social change,stock market crashes, technological changes as large as mechanization and the digital age? Ect ect?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics