Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2022, 03:16 PM

13,058 posts, read 18,141,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
The coming crash and the years/decades/centuries following will be like the Bronze Age Collapse, The Ancient Roman Empire collapse, the Black Plague collapse, the 30 Years War collapse, and 1914-1945, combined.... to the tenth power. I really don't know how you can be so cavalier about this.
Ok so instead of crying in my vodka, I will switch to beer. Exactly what do you suggest doing? Getting a bomb shelter built in your yard? Face it, if it does come to be, we are all goner's so stop worrying about that which you have no control over and enjoy your life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2022, 03:41 PM

8,226 posts, read 3,428,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
I used to be a doom and gloomer like this. I've gotten tired of waiting but am also tired of the stock market pumpers and modern monetary theorists that frequent these subforums and condone unlimited QE as healthy, so my solution was to invest in index funds and focus on other areas of life.

Like the image of grandpa simpson ranting about what is, at some point you have to accept things as they are. Printing is here to stay. Perpetual bailouts are the in thing. It's human nature.

Will it lead to a collapse or just a decade of bad inflation? Best to not worry about it too much and relax. Don't take a siege mentality. Enjoy life.

If we collapse, we collapse. So what? It's happened before, it will happen again. People might die... what if we get a world war and half the population dies? The species will survive. People will suffer, but such is life. A certain level of acceptance of what is really increases peace of mind. Don't spend all of life fighting against everything.

We are really spoiled in our modern lives. Eventually you might be right... if you are, oh well. Life goes on.
For someone who does not care about anything at all, it is surprising that you spend time on a discussion forum.

Old 03-10-2022, 11:46 AM

938 posts, read 425,331 times
I’ll take whatever big print they send my way.

Old 03-10-2022, 02:35 PM

4,218 posts, read 2,462,786 times
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/09/u...ding-bill.html

Told you. This is just the beginning too.

Old 03-10-2022, 04:48 PM

48,545 posts, read 34,911,433 times
Quote:

Context. Last year the feds spent 6.8T for 2021. Your article, I believe, is the budget for the 2nd half of this year.

How does it compare to the previous year? Is the budget lower or higher than 2021?

Does the Feds passing the budget for the rest of the year mean you are right that a BIG PRINT is happening?

Do you consider it a BIG PRINT every time the budget goes through?

Plus, it is the House spending bill, means it hasn't been approved by the Senate yet. So it's not even a done deal (though it probably will be).
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-10-2022, 11:51 PM

6,913 posts, read 3,386,421 times
Quote:

That is the current year budget bill for the rest of the year - basically $14 B for Ukraine aid, $782 B for defense, and $730 B for non-defense agencies. That is the actual budget that is done every year. This is not like the larger bills last year that were stimulus - some dems tried to add some of that again but most thought that was too inflationary.

Old 03-11-2022, 12:09 AM

3,325 posts, read 1,822,973 times
Quote:
Yes, of course it would make the inflation problem worse.

They don't care.

Fed-gov would rather deal with an inflationary crisis than deal with a deflationary death-spiral.
I think it's entirely possible that oil supply shortages & resultant price increases trigger a recession both here and abroad.
Then the Fed will be forced to act - inflation be damned!
Besides, they can blame it on Putin and his war-mongering.

OP is a one-trick pony for sure.
But even a stopped clock is right twice a day.
So this may be his time !

Old 03-11-2022, 07:20 AM

48,545 posts, read 34,911,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaIamela View Post
So this may be his time !

Yes, he predicted the Federal Budget.

Amazing.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-12-2022, 05:10 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,865,756 times
The next big print will likely be a huge infrastructure bill. However since there are no workers available to build things and materials had up to two year lead times, the money will not get spent. The last big print did not get spent either. Much of it is still sitting around unused. Government loves to make big hoopla about their massive stimulus spending bills, but when it comes time to use the money, it often does not amount to much.

Old 03-12-2022, 05:21 AM

11,552 posts, read 6,041,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
Will this be anything like when covid was hitting hard and you predicted we will never return to 2019 levels of economic activity?

After you looked so foolish with that one, what changed where you suddenly know what you're talking about?

And it only took 8 trillion dollars of deficit spending to achieve. What a deal!

8 trillion dollars added to the national debt in 2 years.

Inflation? What inflation? So much for the "strong dollar".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics