Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2022, 06:35 PM

6 posts, read 3,256 times

Advertisements

The CPI wasn't inflation, and high consumer price acceleration hid just how little recovery there had been.
According to the Census Bureau both retailers & wholesalers reported crazy increases in inventory levels. As the US economy tips over into a slowdown, and realistically a recession, these inventories will have to be purged at fire-sale prices.

Deflation coming.......

Old 06-07-2022, 08:03 PM

3,042 posts, read 3,311,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyCannoli. View Post
The CPI wasn't inflation, and high consumer price acceleration hid just how little recovery there had been.
According to the Census Bureau both retailers & wholesalers reported crazy increases in inventory levels. As the US economy tips over into a slowdown, and realistically a recession, these inventories will have to be purged at fire-sale prices.

Deflation coming.......
Yep. Depending on the store you may find clearance sales on unsold winter items. May be fewer spring/summer items.

Old 06-07-2022, 08:18 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,705 posts, read 58,031,425 times
Quote:

Deflation coming.......
over supply / inventory, yet empty shelves, unfulfilled orders from suppliers, lack of raw materials

I have my cash waiting for the fire sales! (But I don't need a winter coat. I still use my 'Frost-line kit' Down jacket when I learned to sew in 4-H class... 55 yrs ago.) It's in near perfect condition, but occasionally leaks a bit of goose down.
http://www.oregonphotos.com/Frostline1.html

The first thing I'm buying at the fire sale is a new bulldozer and enough materials to build a few more houses.

Old 06-07-2022, 08:23 PM

5,981 posts, read 3,724,157 times
Quote:

Deflation coming.......
Be sure to post on here to let us know when this happens 'cause right now the exact opposite (shortages and higher prices) is happening on nearly everything people want to buy.

Old 06-07-2022, 10:01 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,572,348 times
Quote:
Deflation coming.......
Because it's the law of nature that what goes up must come down, we've actually been in recession since 2001, and everyone who disagrees with that must leave the forum.

Good luck!

Old 06-07-2022, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
Be sure to post on here to let us know when this happens 'cause right now the exact opposite (shortages and higher prices) is happening on nearly everything people want to buy.
Target to slash prices as it faces inventory glut
[url]https://www.axios.com/2022/06/07/target-prices-retail-inventory[/url]

Old 06-07-2022, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
over supply / inventory, yet empty shelves, unfulfilled orders from suppliers, lack of raw materials

I have my cash waiting for the fire sales! (But I don't need a winter coat. I still use my 'Frost-line kit' Down jacket when I learned to sew in 4-H class... 55 yrs ago.) It's in near perfect condition, but occasionally leaks a bit of goose down.
[url=http://www.oregonphotos.com/Frostline1.html]Frostline Kits were based in Boulder,Colorado and Denver, Coloradofor many years and they even had a store in Portland Oregon for awhile since there are so many big mountains nearby like Mt Hood and Mt St. Helens[/url]

The first thing I'm buying at the fire sale is a new bulldozer and enough materials to build a few more houses.
Demand destruction plus historic inventory doesn't end with more "inflation." It actually ends "inflation."
Target is canceling orders from suppliers, particularly for home goods and clothing, and it’s slashing prices...

Old 06-07-2022, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
Because it's the law of nature that what goes up must come down, we've actually been in recession since 2001, and everyone who disagrees with that must leave the forum.

Good luck!
Yes, the Fed has been faking economic growth since 2001. But it's finally ending now. Jerome Powell wants to be another Paul Volker and he is about to build his own legacy. What that means for you Lieqiang? Your lazy ass will need to look for a job soon.....LOL.... because going forward living on investments won't be that easy.

Old 06-07-2022, 11:42 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,572,348 times
Yes you say I have to go back to work every time there is a downturn yet here I am still living off investments and laughing at you in a psychotic cycle of signing up for a forum over and over under different names just to get a few posts in before getting booted again.

Is there a stronger word than "pathetic" that comes to mind?

Old 06-07-2022, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
Yes you say I have to go back to work every time there is a downturn yet here I am still living off investments and laughing at you in a psychotic cycle of signing up for a forum over and over under different names just to get a few posts in before getting booted again.

Is there a stronger word than "pathetic" that comes to mind?
Just be honest for once and tell us how much have you lost since October 2021?
No more easy money Lieqiang. The party is OVER for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics