Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2022, 03:14 PM

4,232 posts, read 2,455,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
Yeah, about that. Tough to carry around,
How hard is it to carry a few silver coins?

Quote:
doesn't work well at the grocery store.
Why would you spend silver while dollars are still accepted? Spend your garbage money (dollars) first, before spending your valuable money. That is basic Gresham's law.

Quote:
Hard to borrow against.
This is valid. Silver is not taken seriously as a true financial asset , but I believe that will change in the near future. Silver has always been the best, purest and most honest form of money, and it will be again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2022, 08:04 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,936,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
You say there are no safe means of saving: actually there is one- silver. The more you acquire silver, the less you care about the central wankers and their shenanigans.
How will one ACQUIRE Physical silver if its so great? Who will be willing to part ways with it in exchange for currency? Do I have to mine it out myself? I dont want to have to pay overinflated price for it because then what is the point?

Last edited by NJ Brazen_3133; 11-24-2022 at 08:15 PM..

Old 11-25-2022, 11:20 AM

19,777 posts, read 18,069,289 times
Quote:

An opposing view is not proof, my dear.
Have you ever noticed how often people who have their paradigms poked at get offensive and insulting? I have.

I suspect you are not in the middle class. I suspect also that you have some need to feel superior to those that do not share your views. I hope you have an opportunity to experience life more fully in your future. While it is true that age doesn't bring wisdom, it is often true that even the closed mind sees a bit more daylight over time

1. In this case hard, verifiable data is proof. He's lying and pandering to people who do not know better.

1.1. Poking a paradigm is one thing.........falsifying one is another.

2. It's not that you don't share my views. You literally don't know what you are talking about vis a vis economics and you've demonstrated as much over and over.

3. Your thin insults are rejected as posturing, noise and deflection.

Old 11-25-2022, 11:26 AM

4,232 posts, read 2,455,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
How will one ACQUIRE Physical silver if its so great? Who will be willing to part ways with it in exchange for currency? Do I have to mine it out myself? I dont want to have to pay overinflated price for it because then what is the point?
Plenty of bullion websites out there, or just go down to your local bullion dealer. Compare prices to make sure you are not overpaying.

Old 11-26-2022, 10:45 AM

13,703 posts, read 7,984,033 times
Quote:
Over the decades, I've come to form a very, very low opinion, if not complete contempt of the Federal Reserve who seems to be similar to our Senate in D.C.: completely out of touch with the majority of American people and their economy which does NOT have a chance of accumulating wealth in the economy designed by the Feds.

As a boomer from the working class, I was told that the stock market was for the rich. For us, we were better off saving what money we could in an FDIC account, protected since the Great Depression. We never dreamed of buying a home until we reached middle age. Now, thanks to the Fed, there are no safe savings vehicles, and the only chance Americans have of accumulating assets is the stock market or housing, which most cannot afford even before their shenanigans.

It is a farce to think that the Federal Reserve is anything more than a handmaiden for the banking industry and I personally think our Legislature should disband it and enact laws that make saving liquid funds possible for working people.

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/fed-...ry?id=90375709

I'll be 65 this January and owned 8 single family homes by the time I was 50. Today I own 7 properties. Rent out 6. This wasn't easy and I put in long hours to make sure I didn't default on my loans. Today I'm debt free.

Now, I know little about investing in the stock market and even less about things like crypto currency.

However, I do know most families like to live in a fairly safe area with decent or better than average schools.

Old 11-26-2022, 10:33 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,936,058 times
Quote:
Plenty of bullion websites out there, or just go down to your local bullion dealer. Compare prices to make sure you are not overpaying.
Who isnt going to trade that physical commodity to me for absurd amount of currency though? Why should they? Like you said paper/digital currency is worthless, so they may as well gauge that price as much as possible. Looks like I have trade my condo. I be better off mining it myself, or scrapping it from junkyard electronics.

Old 12-01-2022, 07:30 AM

3,188 posts, read 1,659,838 times
Quote:
Gold, silver, etc have never did well the last 20 years. Millennials and younger just aren't interested in speculating on precious metals. Go look at any precious metal investor proponent and they aren't buying the coins or nuggets. They are investing in the mines, they know gold prices do not move but selling gold to the people who thinks they have value is good profit. So many people are buying gold custodian services, it's the same as buying bitcoin.

How do you know these gold custodians really have the gold? What about the gold mines? They said gold is a limited resource yet they keep finding gold. It's another scam just like bitcoin.

You better off investing in Legos.

Old 12-01-2022, 12:00 PM

19,777 posts, read 18,069,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
Gold, silver, etc have never did well the last 20 years. Millennials and younger just aren't interested in speculating on precious metals. Go look at any precious metal investor proponent and they aren't buying the coins or nuggets. They are investing in the mines, they know gold prices do not move but selling gold to the people who thinks they have value is good profit. So many people are buying gold custodian services, it's the same as buying bitcoin.

How do you know these gold custodians really have the gold? What about the gold mines? They said gold is a limited resource yet they keep finding gold. It's another scam just like bitcoin.

You better off investing in Legos.
I get that investing is about buy v. sell time horizons + taxes, fees etc. but my favorite stat about previous metals is the all time inflation adjusted high price for silver was set around 1135AD in England.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics