Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2022, 11:03 AM

1,338 posts, read 765,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
Over the decades, I've come to form a very, very low opinion, if not complete contempt of the Federal Reserve who seems to be similar to our Senate in D.C.: completely out of touch with the majority of American people and their economy which does NOT have a chance of accumulating wealth in the economy designed by the Feds.

As a boomer from the working class, I was told that the stock market was for the rich. For us, we were better off saving what money we could in an FDIC account, protected since the Great Depression. We never dreamed of buying a home until we reached middle age. Now, thanks to the Fed, there are no safe savings vehicles, and the only chance Americans have of accumulating assets is the stock market or housing, which most cannot afford even before their shenanigans.

It is a farce to think that the Federal Reserve is anything more than a handmaiden for the banking industry and I personally think our Legislature should disband it and enact laws that make saving liquid funds possible for working people.

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/fed-...ry?id=90375709
Andrew Jackson knew the Central Bank (FR in our case) would ruin the wealth of the people, so he banned it, when became a US President. JFK made some steps to get rid of FR, but - you know, what happened.

9FED
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2022, 11:15 AM

19,493 posts, read 17,723,603 times
Quote:
Yes, and I was told exactly what I wrote. The respondents' errors in assumption was that I invested as advised. I did not. I was lucky in that I was also paying attention to what was happening in the world. I still am, and I look at the big picture. While your numbers are more than likely accurate for the few that fell into the category of economics you address, there are many more that never have the advantage of being able to invest at all. Many of that middle class that remain are hanging on by their teeth and they are wearing dentures, so to speak.

The categories of economics that I address cover everyone.

Old 09-26-2022, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I believe the feds actions as well as congress in over printing and spending money will kill the dollar. Seems like the are bent on doing just that.
Care to explain that?

Old 09-26-2022, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple47 View Post
Andrew Jackson knew the Central Bank (FR in our case) would ruin the wealth of the people, so he banned it, when became a US President. JFK made some steps to get rid of FR, but - you know, what happened.

9FED
1. Most of the founders were afraid of a central bank as in nationalized banking.

2. Spouting conspiracy theory nonsense does not help your case.

Old 09-26-2022, 12:09 PM

10,694 posts, read 5,509,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
1. Most of the founders were afraid of a central bank as in nationalized banking.

2. Spouting conspiracy theory nonsense does not help your case.
How is the Fed substantially different from nationalized banking when the Fed board is installed by the US President? It acts like a quasi-governmental organization.

This is not some unbiased private enterprise immune to politics and lobbying.

Say the US government today just nationalized the Fed straight up. What would change?

Old 09-26-2022, 01:00 PM

4,849 posts, read 2,955,889 times
Quote:
As a boomer from the working class, I was told that the stock market was for the rich.

That's why they invented 401K's, as back in the 1970's; stock was considered purely speculative.
The Federal reserve should never have been created, as they are not Federal; and they certainly have no reserves...barring the worthless fiat currency. Which at the moment, is still the best smelling turd in the bowl; while European currencies are on the verge of implosion.

Here's the dilemma, nobody trusts governments and banks in this country anymore; and for good reason.
Next summer begins the new digital currency, which is the end game on privacy; and allows total control of peoples' lives. Americans won't accept this unless they become desperate, then viola!; everyone gets 10K free digital when the greenback finally collapses.
This is all by design, don't believe me?; the WEF is so arrogant they tell you what they have planned on their own website.

Despite these warnings, Woodrow Wilson signed the 1913 Federal Reserve Act. A few years later he wrote: “I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated Governments in the civilized world no longer a Government by free opinion, no longer a Government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men.” -Woodrow Wilson
The Money Masters – Famous Quotations on Banking

Old 09-26-2022, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
That's why they invented 401K's, as back in the 1970's; stock was considered purely speculative.
The Federal reserve should never have been created, as they are not Federal; and they certainly have no reserves...barring the worthless fiat currency. Which at the moment, is still the best smelling turd in the bowl; while European currencies are on the verge of implosion.

Here's the dilemma, nobody trusts governments and banks in this country anymore; and for good reason.
Next summer begins the new digital currency, which is the end game on privacy; and allows total control of peoples' lives. Americans won't accept this unless they become desperate, then viola!; everyone gets 10K free digital when the greenback finally collapses.
This is all by design, don't believe me?; the WEF is so arrogant they tell you what they have planned on their own website.

Despite these warnings, Woodrow Wilson signed the 1913 Federal Reserve Act. A few years later he wrote: “I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated Governments in the civilized world no longer a Government by free opinion, no longer a Government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men.” -Woodrow Wilson
The Money Masters – Famous Quotations on Banking
This is pure lunacy.

Old 09-26-2022, 04:26 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,324,732 times
Do poor people really need banks?
They cash their checks and start paying their bills ,buy what they need,depositing the check into bank account just slow them down.

Old 09-27-2022, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
How is the Fed substantially different from nationalized banking when the Fed board is installed by the US President? It acts like a quasi-governmental organization.

This is not some unbiased private enterprise immune to politics and lobbying.

Say the US government today just nationalized the Fed straight up. What would change?

The Fed. does not engage in retail banking.

The Fed. is far less biased and more immune to politics than say a congressional committee. What are the chances a regular governmental agency running The Fed. would have behaved as Paul Volcker did taming inflation from the very late '70-the middle '80s? The fact is every first world economy is managed by an organization similar to The Fed.

If via some means the Fed. was nationalized it would become overtly political from day one.

Old 09-27-2022, 11:43 AM

4,849 posts, read 2,955,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
This is pure lunacy.

LOL, I knew you'd say that.
Lunacy is exactly what the Fed Res has been doing for a century, lining their own private bank pockets; while some people work 2 jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics