Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 11:37 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,327,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by humboldtrat View Post
I go to a gas station that DOESN'T take plastic and pay cash for gas. The gas is cheaper than the other nearby stations. And cheaper gas are my "reward points" .
I would do that too but, my gas is 100% write off, so I need the records.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2008, 11:52 AM

78,326 posts, read 60,517,579 times
As long as i got a lower cash price it wouldnt bother me.
One local hobby shop I go to I specifically make sure to pay cash at to help out the guy's bottom line.

Old 06-19-2008, 05:28 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,077,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plf86 View Post
paying with cash means you cannot be traced where you go. I prefer to pay cash. No ones business what I am doing!!!
Are you worried about people watching what your doing that bad? Please see a therapist.

Old 06-19-2008, 05:40 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,890,481 times
I don't have the time to go in, line up with everyone buying chips and cigarettes, and then go back out to pump gas. I would avoid cash only gas stations and like most of the posters put everything on a reward charge card, get points and pay one bill at the end of the month. I like to be able to choose where I get my savings, and if that means rewards at Home Depot, Linens N Things or airlines, that's what I'm going to do.

Old 06-19-2008, 06:16 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,677,347 times
Went to fill up yesterday at my usual gas station & now there is a red sign above the keypad saying "All major credit card companies require a minimum $75.00 gas purchase at the pump" Total BS. I figured it was the station lying & blaming the CC companies for the "restriction". They are losing alot of business that way. Many people can't get to $75.00 on a fill up- even with the high gas prices. I know I'm not going there anymore. It's just the principle of it.

Old 06-19-2008, 06:24 PM

27,212 posts, read 46,720,608 times
People who don't want to pay by credit card just avoid anybody to know where they are, ...are probable people who have something to hide. I had a friend who was so much against phone calls being tapped and paying by credit card so they know where she is and how she spend her money...well I found out she is a convicted felon so it all made sense...normal people don't care if people know where they are and what they buy...

I would avoid any pump that doesn't take credit cards. I had my own business and know how much a credit card company charge for a payment and it isn't so much.
What if you use your credit card and your car can't $ 75.- of gas because you just went a little to fast to get more gas....do you have to pay more?

Old 06-19-2008, 06:38 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,750,914 times
I won't buy from any station that does not take pay at the pump credit or debit cards. I will drive right by it and never come back. Now, if they come up with a pump you can stick cash into I might reconsider. But I am NOT coming into your gas station and standing in line for 10 minutes behind somebody that is playing the lottery!

Old 06-19-2008, 07:04 PM

469 posts, read 1,869,933 times
Where ever the cheapest price is, is where I am stopping. Credit card or cash. If It came down to it, I would pay with cash, because EVERYBODY accepts cash. No matter where you go.

Old 06-19-2008, 07:39 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,750,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbguy05 View Post
Where ever the cheapest price is, is where I am stopping. Credit card or cash. If It came down to it, I would pay with cash, because EVERYBODY accepts cash. No matter where you go.
Not everybody accepts cash. Some businesses will only take cheques or credit cards. My insurance agent will not take cash.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:45 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,517,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acegirl View Post
Went to fill up yesterday at my usual gas station & now there is a red sign above the keypad saying "All major credit card companies require a minimum $75.00 gas purchase at the pump" Total BS. I figured it was the station lying & blaming the CC companies for the "restriction". They are losing alot of business that way. Many people can't get to $75.00 on a fill up- even with the high gas prices. I know I'm not going there anymore. It's just the principle of it.
Are you sure the sign doesn't say Maximum? If not, its probably a typo. Never attribute to malice what can be attributed to incompetence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics