Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 05:51 PM

654 posts, read 3,456,766 times

Advertisements

Just about every pump nowadays say how drivers should be attending the pump during fill-ups, which makes sense to me. You'd be surprised at some of the pumps out there that may not shutoff and therefore cause a spill. I know at some stations (especially truckstops) that the driver is responsible for all spills. Doesn't really take that long to fill a tank unless the pump is very slow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2008, 10:20 PM

211 posts, read 402,624 times
My brother got nailed in a grocery store parking lot at 1 pm, didn't drill, just siphoned the tank dry.

Old 06-21-2008, 10:01 PM

655 posts, read 916,826 times
Think it is bad now? Wait till it tops $8 a gallon next summer. We will literally have "Gas Jacking" Pull up to a gas pump only to have a theif stick a gun in your back and demand you fill their tank. .25 cents of the price of gas you buy will go directly to pay for the armed secuity staff that will have to man the pumps.

Old 06-22-2008, 07:03 PM

389 posts, read 1,986,659 times
IT HAPPENED TO ME. i had a spill and i was inside my car coz it was cold.. i was wondering why it hasn't stopped until i looked at the mirror and see it spilling. and i don't even know how to manually stop it! the guy filling up his car just taught me how. i was mad as hell. this was when it was still $1+/galon. i think i protested that their autostop is broken but still paid for the excess spill... i was just late for my work so i did not argue further.. i believe i should not have paid for it. i won't forget that coz i smell like gas at work the whole time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics