Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 02:05 PM

655 posts, read 912,747 times

Advertisements

Opec and Lybia annouce oil production cuts. All this sht makes no sense. They annouces just last week they will increase production, then today, they say the will cut production, due to plenty of oil keeping up with demand? These bearded lunatics are psychotic! They have no business running oil companies.

I believe what we are seeing in the oil markets is complete and absolute manipulation and corruption. I think these oil gurus are getting off on this and it is a declaration of war in my opinion. This is the middle east's way of waging war against the US without firing a shot and I must say.........it is working!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2008, 03:35 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,326,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelmate38 View Post
Opec and Lybia annouce oil production cuts. All this sht makes no sense. They annouces just last week they will increase production, then today, they say the will cut production, due to plenty of oil keeping up with demand? These bearded lunatics are psychotic! They have no business running oil companies.

I believe what we are seeing in the oil markets is complete and absolute manipulation and corruption. I think these oil gurus are getting off on this and it is a declaration of war in my opinion. This is the middle east's way of waging war against the US without firing a shot and I must say.........it is working!
*sigh*

oh brother.

Old 06-26-2008, 03:49 PM

1,657 posts, read 4,342,512 times
I was pointed to this video today, and while his delivery is sorta 'fire and brimstone', it's very believeable and to the point. It's long and definitely worth watching. This was Oct 07, and he called for $4/gal gas back then, and I can't find any info disparaging the guy.

The Energy Non-Crisis

Lindsey Williams talks about his first hand knowledge of Alaskan oil reserves larger than any on earth. And he talks about how the oil companies and U.S. government won't send it through the pipeline for U.S. citizens to use due to geopolitical implications.

Sobering...I hope it isn't true, but at the same time wouldn't be surprised to learn that it is...

Old 06-27-2008, 06:20 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,209,640 times
Crossed $142 today. We will defintaly go over $145-147 by the end of the day. $160 by July 4th. I say $200-250 by the end of the summer. Its time to start stocking up on food and getting into survival mode.

Old 06-27-2008, 06:27 AM

^^

survival mode? Come on man, Europe pays the equivalent of 8 bucks a gallon. Canada pays the equivalent of 5 bucks a gallon. They haven't melted down. Godzilla didn't appear from the ocean and faces didn't melt off. People will adjust, though with a LOT of pain.

Old 06-27-2008, 06:29 AM

893 posts, read 783,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
^^

survival mode? Come on man, Europe pays the equivalent of 8 bucks a gallon. Canada pays the equivalent of 5 bucks a gallon. They haven't melted down. Godzilla didn't appear from the ocean and faces didn't melt off. People will adjust, though with a LOT of pain.
Europeans don't drive as far as we do for EVERYthing.

Old 06-27-2008, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruikshl View Post
depends on where you are in America. Not only that, people do not have to drive in many instances. I have lived in Texas, Florida, NYC and Long Island. I think the furthest away a grocery store was, was 3 miles. You can easily hope on a bicycle to get to something in that range. That is one example but, we need to alter how we live, period.

Old 06-27-2008, 08:51 AM

3,283 posts, read 5,196,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
The Saudis held their summit and announced an increase in production of 800,000 bpd and a capacity increase within a year of almost 2 million bpd. Its quite a substantial increase. You would think this news would put pressure on prices, right? Wrong! Speculators have already found excuses to continue to drive prices up, mostly Nigeria and Israel/Iran tensions. $140 oil is certain either Monday or Tuesday and $150 by the end of the week or the beginning of next.

how exactly do you propose stopping these speculators? speculators have hardly any impact on the price of gas.

Old 06-27-2008, 08:52 AM

3,283 posts, read 5,196,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruikshl View Post
whose fault is that?

Old 06-27-2008, 09:03 AM

717 posts, read 770,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 58robbo View Post
how exactly do you propose stopping these speculators? speculators have hardly any impact on the price of gas.
That is incorrect. How can you say speculators hardly have an effect on the price of a commodity after what we have gone through with the tech and real estate bubbles. Those were both Led by speculators.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics