U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 09:57 AM

897 posts, read 2,611,877 times

Advertisements

"Save your pennies and be broke." says Well Informed

First off, Mr/Mrs "Well Informed", your superior attitude with a quote like the one above is probably one of the many reasons (probably #1 in my book) folks detest Amway aka Quixtar. Those countless books and propoganda that you are forced to puchase brainwashes you into believing you are nothing unless you are rich (via "the business" of course).

Well in case you haven't noticed, there are plenty of folks out their that have money and are not broke and they have nothing to do with Amway!!! Success and wealth without hard work is a myth. There is no easy path in life. Amway attempts to put all the BS into a nice, neat package and tells their followers "if your not rich like me - then you are a are failure". After all, we (those at the top of the pyramid) have given you (forced you to buy) every secret out their to make you wealthy.

Being connect to this "business" is NOTHING to be proud about with an attiude like the one you have Mr / Mrs "Well Informed"!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2009, 10:27 AM

5,615 posts, read 13,153,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Well Informed View Post
...If you owned a Ford dealership, would you drive a Chevy? I hope not. Business owners support what supports them....
Bad analogy. A better one would be to describe yourself as a Ford dealership whose primary motivation is to sell other Ford dealerships, and on occasion unload a few cars, in the hopes that the dealerships you sell start up dealerships of their own so you get a cut of those underneath you in the pyram... I mean downline. Eventually it all falls apart because there are too many other dealerships trying to start up other new dealerships.

All of it is nothing more than the business form of inbreeding or incest.

Old 06-24-2009, 01:47 PM

9 posts, read 23,255 times
wow. Inbreeding and incest. That's a weird thing to say. It's called a franchise. All franchisors profit from their franchisees. And by the way just because an organization is shaped like a triangle, doesn't mean it's an illegal pyramid. All organizations are shaped this way. Our government, our churches, our military, small and large corporation. Its called the hierarchy of leadership. The difference with the Amway model compared to the corporate pyramid is that people involved with Amway don't need anyone's permission to move up the ladder. Their success is based on performance. Last time I check promotions aren't always based on performance in the corporate world. In the world of MLM people businesses don't fall apart because of your explanation. It's because business like this are self purifying and if the business owner lacks honesty or integrity or is hard to deal with. They will be spit out. No one wants to be in a bad partnership. It not the business that is the issue. It is the sometimes inappropriate and misleading business owners that had given the industry a negative stigma.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:14 PM

[SIZE=2]First off. Sorry for the attitude, didn't mean to come across that way. I was replying specifically to an individuals comments. No comment is meant to apply everyone. There is always room for the exceptions.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]As far as the leadership and educational books go. If you were at any time forced to do anything, I am sorry for you. It sounds like you had a bad people experience. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]If the books were meant to brain wash, then the people reading the self help books would do everything the books suggest. And that never happens. The books are meant to help people set a foundation of knowledge to help them succeed. In my case, my brain needed and still needs some washing. Many people become who they are because of their experiences. Some of those experiences being very bad. If I can intentionally replace some of those bad experiences with positive information, I am better off! Self help books aren't for everyone, but they can be a big help for those that desire change. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]You have to realize something. Amway is neutral. It's just an opportunity. Some people do good with it and some do bad. It's like when people say "money" is the root of all evil. Is that true? No, money is neutral. It's what people do with it that make it good or bad. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]If some told you that you are nothing unless you are rich, I'm sorry for you and personally think that the person that told you that is an idiot. Having money has nothing to do with who you are. I agree that success and wealth without hard work is a myth. But, I also believe you have the choice to work smart and not just hard.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Wouldn't you agree?[/SIZE]

Old 06-24-2009, 05:22 PM

Smile Responding to GeminiGal

[SIZE=2]Sorry if I am doing this all wrong. I am trying to figure out how to reply to someone's comment.[/SIZE]

Responding to: [SIZE=2]GeminiGal. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Sorry for the attitude, didn't mean to come across that way. I was replying specifically to an individuals comments. No comment is meant to apply everyone. There is always room for the exceptions.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]As far as the leadership and educational books go. If you were at any time forced to do anything, I am sorry for you. It sounds like you had a bad people experience. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]If the books were meant to brain wash, then the people reading the self help books would do everything the books suggest. And that never happens. The books are meant to help people set a foundation of knowledge to help them succeed. In my case, my brain needed and still needs some washing. Many people become who they are because of their experiences. Some of those experiences being very bad. If I can intentionally replace some of those bad experiences with positive information, I am better off! Self help books aren't for everyone, but they can be a big help for those that desire change. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]You have to realize something. Amway is neutral. It's just an opportunity. Some people do good with it and some do bad. It's like when people say "money" is the root of all evil. Is that true? No, money is neutral. It's what people do with it that make it good or bad. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]If some told you that you are nothing unless you are rich, I'm sorry for you and personally think that the person that told you that is an idiot. Having money has nothing to do with who you are. I agree that success and wealth without hard work is a myth. But, I also believe you have the choice to work smart and not just hard.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Wouldn't you agree?[/SIZE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiGal View Post
"Save your pennies and be broke." says Well Informed

First off, Mr/Mrs "Well Informed", your superior attitude with a quote like the one above is probably one of the many reasons (probably #1 in my book) folks detest Amway aka Quixtar. Those countless books and propoganda that you are forced to puchase brainwashes you into believing you are nothing unless you are rich (via "the business" of course).

Well in case you haven't noticed, there are plenty of folks out their that have money and are not broke and they have nothing to do with Amway!!! Success and wealth without hard work is a myth. There is no easy path in life. Amway attempts to put all the BS into a nice, neat package and tells their followers "if your not rich like me - then you are a are failure". After all, we (those at the top of the pyramid) have given you (forced you to buy) every secret out their to make you wealthy.

Being connect to this "business" is NOTHING to be proud about with an attiude like the one you have Mr / Mrs "Well Informed"!!!

Old 06-25-2009, 12:53 PM

2,589 posts, read 9,684,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Well Informed View Post
wow. Inbreeding and incest. That's a weird thing to say. It's called a franchise. All franchisors profit from their franchisees.
Franchise model is a bad analogy... You are correct the original franchisor makes money off of each franchisee; however, the first guy to buy a franchise does not then turnaround and sell someone franchise rights so that new franchisee can turnaround and then sell someone else franchise rights.. with each person along the way taking a piece of the francishe fee. The franchise model is very flat - no downstream model with each person in the chain taking their portion of the fees.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:07 PM

11,266 posts, read 45,035,891 times
Hey ... Well Informed ... I just was cleaning out one of my rental property garages and came across a whole stack of Brian Tracey, Equinox, NuSkin, Mellaluca, and similar motivational tapes, along with about 300 Amway tapes.

Now I know why they weren't making the rent payment ... they were spending all their dough on the "dream" of big bucks with a large downline.

Old 06-29-2009, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1215 View Post
Franchise model is a bad analogy... You are correct the original franchisor makes money off of each franchisee; however, the first guy to buy a franchise does not then turnaround and sell someone franchise rights so that new franchisee can turnaround and then sell someone else franchise rights.. with each person along the way taking a piece of the francishe fee. The franchise model is very flat - no downstream model with each person in the chain taking their portion of the fees.
Well put.

Quote:
wow. Inbreeding and incest. That's a weird thing to say.
I've lost track of how many people I've known to have their try at this pyramid. In the end they've all wound up buying from each other with very few buyers outside their group to try and prop things up just a little while longer. In the end it was a family tree with no branches.

Old 06-29-2009, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1215 View Post
Well put.

Quote:
wow. Inbreeding and incest. That's a weird thing to say.
I've lost track of how many people I've known to have their try at this pyramid. In the end they've all wound up buying from each other with very few buyers outside their group to try and prop things up just a little while longer. In the end it was a family tree with no branches.

edit: btw, "Well Informed" - I should probably inform you that most of us see your posts as being full of [SIZE] tags. Maybe your post count is too low for the forum to allow them, or maybe you need to get a little better informed and check out the UBB code FAQ.

Old 06-30-2009, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
Well put.

edit: btw, "Well Informed" - I should probably inform you that most of us see your posts as being full of [SIZE] tags. Maybe your post count is too low for the forum to allow them, or maybe you need to get a little better informed and check out the UBB code FAQ.
Thanks for the advise. I have never written in a forum before I googled "Amway" a few weeks back and can across all these statements.
[SIZE=2]Regarding the pyramid comment. Show me a large organization that isn't structured like a pyramid? Our churches are, are government is, our military is, most corporations are structured like pyramids. It's called the hierarchy of leadership and that is how all organizations are structured. A president on the top, then some VP's, then management, then some middle management and then employees on the bottom. If the employees don't perform, the president isn't business business. The biggest difference between the cooperate pyramid and the Amway business model is that an individual needs someone's permission to move up the ladder in a cooperation. In the Amway business anyone can succeed to any level that desire if they are willing to do the work. Success in Amway is based on performance. You have to realize that this Amway business is completely neutral. It's just an opportunity. It's the individual involved in the business that will make it great or a failure because they wont do what it takes to succeed and then call it a get rich quick scam. If anyone thinks that the Amway or any Multilevel business will get you rich over night, you are mistaken. These types of businesses are meant to be build at first to supplement your income and then with consistent effort, over time can replace your income. Then you are left with time + money. Which = Choices! In the end, isn't that what it's al about. Doing what you want, when you want, with who you want. Last time I checked the average 40 hour a week job doesn't allow that. It's all good. MLM's aren't for everyone. But, you must admit that it's the individual that make a business great. not the business.[/SIZE]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics