Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 12:08 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,681,743 times

Advertisements

48 Percent Of Americans Believe Another Great Depression Is Likely In The Next 12 Months – 19 Reasons Why They Are Not Completely Crazy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2011, 12:14 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
If wages keep falling and the government doesn't put people to work on infrastructure it will come, but probably not that soon.
Welcome to the Third World

Old 06-18-2011, 12:40 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,198,208 times
You know what I really liked was your recent series of Tightwad exposes about how the media is hiding the information about the nuclear disaster near Omaha.

June 15- Nebraska Nuclear Plant: Emergency Level 4 & About to Get Worse
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...level-4-a.html

You go on about how it isn't mainstream news, but of course other posters point out articles about it in Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, etc. and of course there that no radioactive fuel had yet been released or was expected to be released in the future.

Undeterred, you start another alarmist thread a today: US orders news blackout ....Nebraska Nuclear Plant
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...a-nuclear.html

Why anyone would start another thread about a news blackout after previous thread where simply shrugging off being wrong with that claim the first time with a "The WSJ is not exactly local news fair where I live" comment is beyond me. Of course ensuing posts again disprove your alarmist Pakistan-sourced rhetoric, but I'm sure you'll start another one.

Where were we, oh yeah this depression thread. Couldn't you just bump any of your other "depression oh no!" threads?

Old 06-18-2011, 12:48 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,681,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
You know what I really liked was your recent series of Tightwad exposes about how the media is hiding the information about the nuclear disaster near Omaha.
From the first sentence you got it wrong.

What I said was.......Nothing at all.

I posted with no comment to encourage the reader to form their own opinion on the topic.

Old 06-18-2011, 03:00 PM

No comment? Let's use the handy "quote" feature shall we? Your wrote, and I quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
wonder why it's not on the main stream news............ Oh! I forgot we know why.
Wrong, others link to WSJ and WP in that very thread with articles about it. You reply that in your neck of the woods you don't get the WSJ.

Then a few days later a new thread, and and I quote the headline you typed into the little box:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
US orders news blackout ....Nebraska Nuclear Plant
With link to Pakistani news source, despite being proven wrong in your other chicken little.

You just want attention and have no interest in whether the rubbish you continue to post is true. Before the internet came along you'd probably be wearing an "end of days" signboard, now you can just ignore reality and keep posting anything you hope can generate fear and make you feel like you are making a difference by causing that fear.

Like I said before, psych thesis begging to be written.

Old 06-18-2011, 03:12 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,985,924 times
Quote:
No comment? Let's use the handy "quote" feature shall we? Your wrote, and I quote:

Wrong, others link to WSJ and WP in that very thread with articles about it. You reply that in your neck of the woods you don't get the WSJ.

Then a few days later a new thread, and and I quote the headline you typed into the little box:

With link to Pakistani news source, despite being proven wrong in your other chicken little.

You just want attention and have no interest in whether the rubbish you continue to post is true. Before the internet came along you'd probably be wearing an "end of days" signboard, now you can just ignore reality and keep posting anything you hope can generate fear and make you feel like you are making a difference by causing that fear.

MSM reports everything then? No corporate considerations in their bias?

Follow the yellow brick road..........

Old 06-18-2011, 03:20 PM

30,897 posts, read 36,958,653 times
Quote:

Despite Tightwad's seemingly morbid obsession with our decline, I actually think he's right. I don't know if a depression will happen in the next year or not, but it would take herculean efforts on the part of the citizens of the US as well as the government to turn things around. I do see people are waking up to some degree, but not nearly enough people and the awakening isn't happening anywhere near fast enough to turn things around.

The thing is, the people who can see what's coming don't need to be told and the people who can't aren't gonig to listen anyway.

Old 06-18-2011, 05:31 PM

1,282 posts, read 1,904,196 times
On the economic disaster scale I would say a bout of hyper inflation is far more likely to happen than a depression is.

Old 06-18-2011, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Despite Tightwad's seemingly morbid obsession with our decline
Seemingly?

Japan reactors to cause Global Contamination !!!!

Some really bad news!!!!!!

Possible breakup of America

Nebraska Nuclear Plant: Emergency Level 4 & About to Get Worse

The Collapse of Our Society........

9 Signs We Might Be Living Through Another Depression

Is dollar collapse close at hand?

Year Four of the Silent Depression

Doctor shortages ahead.......

Best Place To Live In The United States To Prepare For Economic Collapse?

The End Of The Road: Saying Goodbye To Freeways

The Coming Global Food Fight

People Of Earth: Prepare

is america in real danger of collapse

Shortages!

Safe deposit boxes are no longer "safe".

12 Economic Collapse Scenarios

Food Riots 2011

U.S. Treasuries Is Dying...Financial Armageddon May Be Approaching

4 Scenarios for Coming Collapse of American Empire

Continuity of Government: Is the State of Emergency Superseding our Constitution?

Too Big To Fail Global Banks Collapse Between Now & First Quarter 2011

Worry.......

Global Collapse of the Fiat Money System........

Doomsday??

Economic collapse? What To Do?

25 Signs Everyone Is Expecting A 2010 Economic Collapse

Nasty Solar Storms Ahead

Economic Collapse Top 20 Countdown

“The World Has No Money, And The Emperor Has No Clothes”

Are we Rome?

15 Reasons Why We Need a Revolt in This Country

Rehearsals for a Civil War

Are you ready for the next Depression? I don't think so......

Under the Pretense of Disaster Relief, U.S. Running a Military Occupation

Celente in 2010 the collapse will hit the ground

"The Critical Unraveling of U.S. Society."

Collapse...the movie

American Empire Coming to an Early End ??

Are you ready for the next banking crisis?

Old 06-18-2011, 08:51 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paid-Advertising SpamMasterSpamwad View Post
What I said was.......Nothing at all.
But of course. You don't seriously think that we believe you're capable of an original thought, do you?

Quote:
Despite Tightwad's seemingly morbid obsession with our decline, I actually think he's right. I don't know if a depression will happen in the next year or not, but it would take herculean efforts on the part of the citizens of the US as well as the government to turn things around.
Sorry, you're not authorized to wear the Depression Badge yet. Economic Time is on a par with Big Bang Time, not Text Message Time.

It will take a couple of years for your National Debt to exceed the GDP by about 10%-12% and result in the downgrading of bonds and then when people see there really hasn't been any GDP growth at all except for government spending which is actually financed by the National Debt before there is trouble in doggy land.

Quote:
The thing is, the people who can see what's coming don't need to be told and the people who can't aren't gonig to listen anyway.
That would be the long and short of it, but then that is how it always has been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Joe View Post
On the economic disaster scale I would say a bout of hyper inflation is far more likely to happen than a depression is.
The "hyper-inflation" won't occur until after the Depression. That's how it works. The will happen about 12 years from now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics