U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 03:01 PM

19,098 posts, read 20,668,871 times

Advertisements

Thankfully (so far) I have been cushioned myself to paying less into their entitlement programs but unfortunately, I think that will end when Obama is president (almost a sure thing)... I don't lke Obama or McCain, both pro-entitlement and handout politicians... yes the majority are selfish idiots and it shows when we have two candidates that reflect their ideology and policies..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2008, 03:03 PM

19,098 posts, read 20,668,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by car54 View Post
I'm 56 years old and for 36 of those years a Republican was in the White House. Who elected them? Your "seniors" did.

Turn off Limbaugh, man....don't let some fat-assed drug addict do your thinking for you.
Republicans in Name Only (RINO)... they behaved as liberals while in the big house... reflective of their constitutients that voted them in... I don't pretend to lump Republicans in one category and Democrats in another... I label my category as Liberal and Conservative... Liberals HAVE republicans as well.. and Conservatives HAVE democrats as well... the past 36 years HAVE been liberal policies... that I blame..I don't listen to Limbaugh.. never have, never will...

Old 06-26-2008, 04:09 PM

48,509 posts, read 86,173,019 times
Wait until we start to have fuel shortages if you think it is bad now. We have been digging our hole for decdes living the good life for cheap prices.

Old 06-26-2008, 04:23 PM

7,946 posts, read 15,403,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
I'm making a killing in this economy. There's money to be made no matter which way the market goes. COMMODITIES baby!!!
Actually you are stealing from the American consumer at the pump. You are a huge part of whats wrong with this economy.

All of that aside, 25% unemployment by Jan 2010 is almost a sure thing.

Old 06-26-2008, 04:35 PM

4,933 posts, read 6,975,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Actually you are stealing from the American consumer at the pump. You are a huge part of whats wrong with this economy.

All of that aside, 25% unemployment by Jan 2010 is almost a sure thing.
No, marxist, the federal reserve is stealing from all of us. I'm simply protecting my wealth.

Old 06-26-2008, 07:03 PM

42,835 posts, read 80,635,706 times
Yeah, I'm kind of glad I listened to the so called by many tin foils and got out of the market when I did. Now the question remains when or whether to get back in...

Old 06-26-2008, 07:10 PM

2,197 posts, read 6,816,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Yeah, I'm kind of glad I listened to the so called by many tin foils and got out of the market when I did. Now the question remains when or whether to get back in...
Do you see ANY good news on the horizon that will drive this market up? Pretty much everything is primed to get worse before it gets better. Just wait till the first bank goes under. If it's Citi, they'll probably have to stop trading.

Old 06-26-2008, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbyehollywood View Post
Do you see ANY good news on the horizon that will drive this market up? Pretty much everything is primed to get worse before it gets better. Just wait till the first bank goes under. If it's Citi, they'll probably have to stop trading.
No, I personally don't see anything good in the future. As far as this manipulated market goes, ain't got no clue no more... Just look at the headlines in subsequent days... sometimes the same day! Stocks rally because oil is up one day; stocks in the drain because oil is up the next day. A few days ago stocks rallied because consumer confidence was at 16-year low! They don't even listen to their own BS within a DAY!

The bottom line is the goal is the murder of the middle class and its achievement has been greatly accelerated lately and the process will continue until we're reduced to a 3rd world country.

Old 06-26-2008, 07:44 PM

2,197 posts, read 6,816,848 times
Many think SoCal is a third world country now. You can walk through LAX and not hear a word of English. The melting pot has stopped melting and we are seemingly en route to some sort of European two-class society. The question is, how long and painful will the transition be?

Old 06-26-2008, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbyehollywood View Post
The question is, how long and painful will the transition be?
Who knows... last few years it's been going on at head-spinning speed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics