U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-26-2008, 01:58 PM
 
655 posts, read 758,004 times
Reputation: 240

Advertisements

Nothing but bad news folks and getting worse, much worse by the day. Something evil is brewing in this market, worldwide for that matter. The mass layoffs coming over the next 6 months will be unlike any of us have seen in our lifetimes.

Oil is all but now guaranteed to spike past $170 this year and probably won't stop there.

Airlines will go belly up laying off 100,000s of workers.

Trucking companies shutting down and or refusing to transport goods.

Banks are now on the verge of going under. Many financial institutions have sell and strong sell ratings on banks. I'm talking major US banks.This will lead to bank failures, as well as tens of thousands of job losses. When banks start going under, watch out people, you know it is bad then!

I traveled across the country these past 3-weeks, coast to coast. All the typical touristy areas are dead, quiet and businesses are beginning to close, one by one.

Repos spiking nationwide.

Stock market collapsing and the worse it yet to come. Try Dow 7000 on for size. I beleive it will happen

All energy costs are doubling, some almost annually.

GM, Ford, Chrysler, all just rated as strong sells with credit failures expected! They will all go under over the next 18 months, leading to over 1 millions layoffs worldwide.

Dollar still sinking

Food and basic daily living expenses up 30% and rising by the minute.

Remember, all these factors and the hundreds more I did not mention, trickle down into all aspects of the economy and WILL affect you, not matter what profession you work in.

I get the feeling we are in for a huge depression in this country and perhaps worldwide for that matter. I've followed investing and the markets for decades and this is not the typical bump in the road folks. Feel free to disagree, but I believe we are right in the mists of a financial meltdown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-26-2008, 02:02 PM
 
Location: Texas
4,933 posts, read 6,975,108 times
Reputation: 5506
I'm making a killing in this economy. There's money to be made no matter which way the market goes. COMMODITIES baby!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2008, 02:05 PM
 
19,098 posts, read 20,668,871 times
Reputation: 8384
It depends... if you elect me as President, I can fix it all but we are still picking presidents based on what "handouts" and "entitlements" they can give us... so, yeah, we are going to sink and sink fast... but don't lose hope... I will continue to invest as prices plummet as I still have a LOT of time before I retire...it is a virtual gold mine for me and my generation... all the older people who are retiring soon... they are screwed and DESERVE it.. they screwed over the next generation with their handout and entitlements and they are getting what is coming to them... For the liberals, Karma sucks doesn't it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2008, 02:07 PM
 
19,098 posts, read 20,668,871 times
Reputation: 8384
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
I'm making a killing in this economy. There's money to be made no matter which way the market goes. COMMODITIES baby!!!
Unfortunately, I think commodities may be spiking or near spiking as governments intervene... so for those who didn't jump on it first, its kind of too late for them...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2008, 02:22 PM
 
Location: Oxygen Ln. AZ
9,321 posts, read 16,935,702 times
Reputation: 5695
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
It depends... if you elect me as President, I can fix it all but we are still picking presidents based on what "handouts" and "entitlements" they can give us... so, yeah, we are going to sink and sink fast... but don't lose hope... I will continue to invest as prices plummet as I still have a LOT of time before I retire...it is a virtual gold mine for me and my generation... all the older people who are retiring soon... they are screwed and DESERVE it.. they screwed over the next generation with their handout and entitlements and they are getting what is coming to them... For the liberals, Karma sucks doesn't it...
I really hate being lumped into one group of deserving seniors. We have been fighting entitlement programs for most of our working lives. Excuse me, but I can't help but notice that many of the "younger" generation are just as much inclined to take a handout, especially the young voters today. This has been a creeping cancer in this country and blaming the older members falls a little short buddy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2008, 02:28 PM
 
397 posts, read 484,995 times
Reputation: 501
Evil,
You sure picked the right name for your self.
I do believe you're right, entitlements are one of the largest draws on the economy,but you can't blame a dog for getting fat and having a thin coat. It's his leaders,the libs, who brought him inside when it was chilly and fed him too much when he begged.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2008, 02:29 PM
 
19,098 posts, read 20,668,871 times
Reputation: 8384
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I really hate being lumped into one group of deserving seniors. We have been fighting entitlement programs for most of our working lives. Excuse me, but I can't help but notice that many of the "younger" generation are just as much inclined to take a handout, especially the young voters today. This has been a creeping cancer in this country and blaming the older members falls a little short buddy.
I don't mean "all" seniors but if you look at who we voted into office (and seniors comprise the biggest voting block) and how hard seniors campaigned for more handouts and entitlements... I would say a significant "majority" of seniors have done so... I don't mean to imply every young person is against entitlement or handouts but I bet they learned it from somebody... and I bet you it was an elderly person..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2008, 02:35 PM
 
19,098 posts, read 20,668,871 times
Reputation: 8384
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvap View Post
Evil, he
You sure picked the right name for your self.
I do believe you're right, entitlements are one of the largest draws on the economy,but you can't blame a dog for getting fat and having a thin coat. It's his leaders,the libs, who brought him inside when it was chilly and fed him too much when he begged.
The liberals are a big blame but it was the seniors who voted the liberals in time and time again... I don't blame them... look at the alternative? I do blame them to "encouraging" more handouts, they could of told the liberals to STOP but instead they asked for more... I'll be honest, we HAD a chance to vote for someone who was against entitlements and handouts... that person lost and lost badly... now we have two candidates who are very much pro-entitlements and handouts... do I hear seniors asking them to curb it? Nope, quite the exact opposite... the seniors led the pack, other age groups are jumping up for the same thing... I blame those who abused it and now are mad because other age groups are abusing it... and they STILL want to increase their entitlements as well decreasing entitlements for other people (of other age groups)... they already have way too much entitlements... that I find offensive..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2008, 02:48 PM
 
397 posts, read 484,995 times
Reputation: 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
The liberals are a big blame but it was the seniors who voted the liberals in time and time again... I don't blame them... look at the alternative? I do blame them to "encouraging" more handouts, they could of told the liberals to STOP but instead they asked for more... I'll be honest, we HAD a chance to vote for someone who was against entitlements and handouts... that person lost and lost badly... now we have two candidates who are very much pro-entitlements and handouts... do I hear seniors asking them to curb it? Nope, quite the exact opposite... the seniors led the pack, other age groups are jumping up for the same thing... I blame those who abused it and now are mad because other age groups are abusing it... and they STILL want to increase their entitlements as well decreasing entitlements for other people (of other age groups)... they already have way too much entitlements... that I find offensive..
You must realize that the majority of people in all age groups in this world are selfish idiots and are going to follow the leader and take what they can get.You must find a way to make enough money from their ridiculus spending habits, so you can pay your taxes with a smile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2008, 02:59 PM
 
4,711 posts, read 11,179,453 times
Reputation: 3778
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
The liberals are a big blame but it was the seniors who voted the liberals in time and time again... I don't blame them... look at the alternative? I do blame them to "encouraging" more handouts, they could of told the liberals to STOP but instead they asked for more... I'll be honest, we HAD a chance to vote for someone who was against entitlements and handouts... that person lost and lost badly... now we have two candidates who are very much pro-entitlements and handouts... do I hear seniors asking them to curb it? Nope, quite the exact opposite... the seniors led the pack, other age groups are jumping up for the same thing... I blame those who abused it and now are mad because other age groups are abusing it... and they STILL want to increase their entitlements as well decreasing entitlements for other people (of other age groups)... they already have way too much entitlements... that I find offensive..

I'm 56 years old and for 36 of those years a Republican was in the White House. Who elected them? Your "seniors" did.

Turn off Limbaugh, man....don't let some fat-assed drug addict do your thinking for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:53 PM.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top