U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Oil trading: cheap energy, retirement, renting an apartment, real estate, traffic.

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 10:02 AM

3,460 posts, read 5,069,002 times

Advertisements

The Ren and Stimpy news hour?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2008, 10:03 AM

8,632 posts, read 14,229,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
I'm sorry, but I find that very frustrating and demeaning to the people on the forum. If some loonie claims a kryptonite meteor is about to hit Madonna and turn her into a supermodel, I don't repeat it without a caveat. I'm even more careful with other nonsense that might sound more credible.

By claiming that we are bombing, when we are not, old-cold is playing the game of telephone irresponsibly and you are colluding. Frankly, if "Morning Joe" did say this outright, I think they are drinking their morning joe via a colonic and deserve to be censored by the public. When news can be confused with fiction by the audience, then there is no accountability by either the media or the government.

Either journalism has being replaced by Ren and Stimpy more quickly than I have realized, or old-cold isn't very good at getting facts straight.
I did not say " we" are bombing, yet. I DID give my source , and , thats more than a lot of people do. Sorry , I did not explain better , my opening statement. Maybe someone else who heard what I did , this morning , will respond. I am not here to spread false statements . I know this issue is a hot button , the consequences would be devastating to say the least.

Old 06-30-2008, 11:23 AM

18,764 posts, read 56,514,077 times
Apologies to you, old-cold. I saw the quote of your question and thought the quote was yours. Senior moment.

Darstar, your original post -
"Well folks , heard the latest news this morning ? Bush is in the process of bombing Iran , for real !....... Oil will be 300.00 quick if this happens , like Cheney and Lieberman want.. Iran will close the straights ........World war III , is just around the corner.......Gold will be 2500.00...to the Moon !!"

Now you say:
" I did not say " we" are bombing, yet. I DID give my source , and , thats more than a lot of people do. Sorry , I did not explain better , my opening statement. Maybe someone else who heard what I did , this morning , will respond. I am not here to spread false statements . I know this issue is a hot button , the consequences would be devastating to say the least."

Please use some indicator, like a smiley, when you intend satire or posit a hypothetical situation. Without them you come off sounding serious or deluded. For example:

"Bush is in the process of bombing Iran " and then "I did not say " we" are bombing, yet."
Are you a professional politician, or what? Are we to imply that Bush is PERSONALLY flying over and bombing Iran? What a can-do guy. I thought he was a reserve fighter pilot and not a bomber pilot.

And yeah, the Ren and Stimpy News Hour could be an improvement.

Old 06-30-2008, 11:32 AM

8,632 posts, read 14,229,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
Apologies to you, old-cold. I saw the quote of your question and thought the quote was yours. Senior moment.

Darstar, your original post -
"Well folks , heard the latest news this morning ? Bush is in the process of bombing Iran , for real !....... Oil will be 300.00 quick if this happens , like Cheney and Lieberman want.. Iran will close the straights ........World war III , is just around the corner.......Gold will be 2500.00...to the Moon !!"

Now you say:
" I did not say " we" are bombing, yet. I DID give my source , and , thats more than a lot of people do. Sorry , I did not explain better , my opening statement. Maybe someone else who heard what I did , this morning , will respond. I am not here to spread false statements . I know this issue is a hot button , the consequences would be devastating to say the least."

Please use some indicator, like a smiley, when you intend satire or posit a hypothetical situation. Without them you come off sounding serious or deluded. For example:

"Bush is in the process of bombing Iran " and then "I did not say " we" are bombing, yet."
Are you a professional politician, or what? Are we to imply that Bush is PERSONALLY flying over and bombing Iran? What a can-do guy. I thought he was a reserve fighter pilot and not a bomber pilot.

And yeah, the Ren and Stimpy News Hour could be an improvement.
Thank you.......I guess . Bush has the last word. he is the decider , is he not ?

Old 06-30-2008, 12:43 PM

37 posts, read 107,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 58robbo View Post
it will be 200 before the years out, unless ben bernanke grows a pair of balls
Good ol' Helicopter Ben will save the day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or