Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 05:53 PM

485 posts, read 1,952,755 times

Advertisements

Perhaps that's because he's a lying sack of weasel dung?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 06:10 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,359,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 58robbo View Post
From a staunch Ron Paul, Peter Schiff, Marc Faber, David Tice fan this will go right against the grain. but could bernanke be a genius? could he be inflating the currency to combat our dependence on oil and imported goods? i'm definitely not a fan of regulation but i do think the recent gas price hikes were the best thing to ever happen to us.
just a thought.
first problem with this theory is, he is NOT inflating our currency he is DEFLATING it.

Old 07-15-2008, 06:18 PM

658 posts, read 830,426 times
Ben is not a genius. He is far less experienced in the current issues than Greenspan was when he took the job. His actions and words indicate he is just furthering the Fed's corporate policy... to please the stockholders at the expense of the customers, us.

Remember, the Federal Reserve is a corporation, not a government office. Decisions of the Fed are not checked and cannot be vetoed by anyone in America, anyone in government, and anyone in the Executive branch.

Ben is a rich corporate guy who works for a company that creates its own money out of thin air, and doesn't even need the Treasury to print it. Get the picture?

On a related note to your post, I hope Hussein wins this Fall so this economy can hit the toilet and show Americans that their politicians sold them out and then fled accountability. Up will be the only direction left at that point, and we won't still be playing race, gender and politics but instead will be rebuilding our nation.

Old 07-15-2008, 09:47 PM

485 posts, read 1,952,755 times
Politicians fled accountability?

What else do they ever do?

We haven't had any leadership worth a hoot in a generation, nor has anyone been held to account-not even Joe McCarthy.

Because we don't take any interest in our government, nor do we demand that villains be punished.

This could be our "Affair of the Necklace."

Many authorities rate that disgraceful bit of biz as one of the three causes of the French Revolution-it finally convinced the people of France that their government was too corrupt and inept to continue.

Somebody build a hybrid tumbrel while I put this guillotine kit together....

Old 07-15-2008, 09:49 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
first problem with this theory is, he is NOT inflating our currency he is DEFLATING it.
You can't be serious. How on earth is it even possible to come to this conclusion?

Old 07-15-2008, 10:37 PM

3,459 posts, read 5,790,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
You can't be serious. How on earth is it even possible to come to this conclusion?
I was wondering that too.....

Old 07-16-2008, 01:52 AM

3,283 posts, read 5,205,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post

i think you're confusing deflating with devaluing. if he was deflating the currency that would mean that he was reducing money supply. if he was deflating "THE VALUE" of the currency well that would mean something different

Old 07-16-2008, 01:59 AM

3,283 posts, read 5,205,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krakenten View Post
Because we don't take any interest in our government, nor do we demand that villains be punished.

finally some common ground. can i add that so many people have no idea how government works and how their decision affect us.

Old 07-16-2008, 04:36 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,730,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 58robbo View Post
From a staunch Ron Paul, Peter Schiff, Marc Faber, David Tice fan this will go right against the grain. but could bernanke be a genius? could he be inflating the currency to combat our dependence on oil and imported goods? i'm definitely not a fan of regulation but i do think the recent gas price hikes were the best thing to ever happen to us.
just a thought.
No.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:39 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,506,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baystater View Post
Yep.

BTW did anybody find that Paulson's water gun in pocket VS a bazooka in the pocket comment during his testimony today, to be completely idiotic.
Report: Gov't may soon back Fannie, Freddie - Yahoo! News (broken link)

So is it the water gun?.............or the bazooka?

Better yet. Is it live or????????????????? is it memorex?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics