U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 12:04 PM

12,872 posts, read 22,655,981 times

Advertisements

1+ year old thread
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2009, 09:20 PM

4,161 posts, read 3,453,848 times
I've been wondering what the American people are going to do in the wake of the worst financial downturn ever, now I know, they will be looking at their neighbor's and wondering how they can score a roof, no wonder the fat cat's on wall street aren't worried!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-04-2013, 12:29 PM

83 posts, read 154,550 times
A neighbor on my block qualified for a program where the city comes and inspects your home, and makes repairs for free...the catch!! once you sell, the city recoops the money that went into the home

Old 02-04-2013, 12:34 PM

24,497 posts, read 36,438,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redheadstar View Post
A neighbor on my block qualified for a program where the city comes and inspects your home, and makes repairs for free...the catch!! once you sell, the city recoops the money that went into the home
What state is that? That doesn't seem like a good program as long as it's an an area where the home will keep some value.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:27 PM

42,662 posts, read 76,349,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
it is never fair...
Who ever said anything was fair?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redheadstar View Post
Medicaid is like that, too. If Medicaid pays a big ticket medical bill and you get a windfall later on, they have a right to recover a part of what they had paid. For example, if you win a class action lawsuit for a medical device, a substantial part of the settlement will be paid to the state Medicaid that originally paid for the procedure.

Old 02-08-2013, 12:20 AM

27,348 posts, read 29,882,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post
I just heard about this and I am just fuming at this point.

A client of my husband's, an elderly woman, needs a new roof for her home. She owns the home FREE & CLEAR worth at least $400,000.00. She carries no homeowner's insurance b/c she owns the home FREE & CLEAR.

She has a green card. She gets income from bonds, that's it.

Apparently, the county she lives in gives money for new roofs! SHE IS GETTING ONE!! WHY!!!

If this was me, I would not be getting one!

AND, the woman feels she is entitled to this. Totally entitled. Only lived in the US for 14 years.

This is what's wrong in the country -SHE OWNS THE HOME - get the money from the equity! Oh, no, gotta go to the government - it's free, you know.
It goes back to that attitude of "I don't care if it hurts anyone else as long as it's good for me".

David Icke - Me Me Me ... Walk the Talk or Shut the F*ck Up!! - YouTube

Old 02-08-2013, 12:23 AM

27,348 posts, read 29,882,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqueline S Homan View Post
I hope you are also referring to the entitlements of corporate welfare; the entitlement programs of the super rich given to them by the neocons in Congress and the White House: No-bid government contracts (Blackwater ring a bell?), FEMA black budgets, and tax breaks to off-shore American jobs, and leveraged debt to do corporate buyouts - and billed to the "little people" who pay the taxes.

Jacqueline S. Homan,
Here we go again....why must we single out one vs. the other? The "me, me, me" attitude is the same whether it's corporations doing it or ordinary people. When will we see that the destructive "me, me, me" attitude is the same regardless of the dollar amounts involved??????

Old 02-11-2013, 01:41 AM

4,709 posts, read 6,336,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Here we go again....why must we single out one vs. the other? The "me, me, me" attitude is the same whether it's corporations doing it or ordinary people. When will we see that the destructive "me, me, me" attitude is the same regardless of the dollar amounts involved??????

Seems strange you called her out and not the post she was responding to.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:59 PM

24,497 posts, read 36,438,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
Seems strange you called her out and not the post she was responding to.
Seems even stranger that the person called her out 5 years later.

Old 02-12-2013, 06:00 PM

40,097 posts, read 21,433,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqueline S Homan View Post
I hope you are also referring to the entitlements of corporate welfare; the entitlement programs of the super rich given to them by the neocons in Congress and the White House: No-bid government contracts (Blackwater ring a bell?), FEMA black budgets, and tax breaks to off-shore American jobs, and leveraged debt to do corporate buyouts - and billed to the "little people" who pay the taxes.

Jacqueline S. Homan,
Oh here we go again, corporate welfare. Get this -> Your president and the democrats is the greatest contributor to corporate and washington DC welfare and your too blind to see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or