U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 12:21 PM

55,137 posts, read 43,954,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbaarr View Post
you ignore the FACT that this is the second time in 20 years that a real estate lead recession has occured.

The last one was from 1981 to 1988 under RAYGUN AND DADDYBUSH

which lead to dadybushboys famouse lie

read my lips no new taxes.

KEEP LYING TO YOURSELF TEX

WE educated liberals proved you are wrong in 2006 when we booted you repub boys out.

And we will do it again in 2008.
"We" educated liberals?
You are being charged with the double homicide of grammar and punctuation but you have a strong insanity defense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2008, 12:56 PM

48,509 posts, read 86,173,019 times
He also seems to forget that Reagan inherited the worse recession since the 30's from that liberal Carter who the peole booted out because of double digit inflation and very high unemployment. Now that the democrats have been in congress for over a yuear it seems that their answer is to give rebates which are likie a one time tax lowering . Now they are considering another one. That when they have always siad that lowering txaes is never the answer. But tehn looking back it seem even kennedy disagreed as he lower taxes to simulate the econpmy when he was president. Now the democrats decisions to stoip drilling and nuclear power has come to roost. Aterall the liberal demopcrats are lossign power in the party as evidenced by the last congressional elections in which all the democrats that won new seats were in fact blurdog ;conservative democrats not the liberal wing of the party.

Old 11-01-2008, 11:14 AM

27 posts, read 59,453 times
Default hey tex your still dead wrong and as stupid as usual

YOU FORGET TEX THAT MCCAIN WAS THE AUTHOR OF THE 2002 DEREGULATION OF THE INVESTMENT BANKING INDUSTRY THAT LEAD TO THIS CURRENT ECONOMIC DISASTER. JUST LIKE HE WAS PART OF THE KEATING 5 THAT PROTECTED CHARLIE KEATING AFTER LINCOLN SAVINGS FAILED AND HE WAS THE AUTHOR OF THE DEREGULATION BILL BACK IN THE 80's TOO

YOUR WONDERFUL CONS, CONSERVATIVE LEADERS YOU SUPPORT ARE THE REAL CROOKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
looks like the commies got their hands caught in the cookie jar. Dodd and about 90% of our congressmen ought to be hung for treason.

Where Are the Ethics Hearings into Countrywide’s VIP Loans? at Emac’s Stock Watch | Fox Business (http://emac.blogs.foxbusiness.com/2008/07/25/where-is-congress%e2%80%99s-ethics-hearings-into-countrywide%e2%80%99s-vip-loans/ - broken link)

Old 11-01-2008, 11:22 AM

Default obama plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbyehollywood View Post
So Obama is going to be able to fund up to $300B in bailouts without any impact to taxpayers? Save banks and prevent a recession without raising taxes or causing inflation? Wow! How exactly?

I'm not debating politics, I'm just asking HOW?
REAL SIMPLE

he is gonna tax the rich punks that have outsourced american jobs for the last 7 years.

2. if those punks want tax breaks they are gonna have to keep jobs here in america

those jobs will create extra tax revenue

AS THEY NEVER EXISTED IN THE LAST 6 YEARS

THOSE JOBS will also create residual tax revenue because the incomes from thos jobs will allow local merchants to collect rent or sell basic need supplies to families.

food gasoline electricity water etc,

THUS the merchants will earn extra taxable revenue

this will get people off government aid

IE more money available for either other social programs or available to pay for the programs you directly asked about

Old 11-01-2008, 12:11 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,474 posts, read 14,168,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbyehollywood View Post
So Obama is going to be able to fund up to $300B in bailouts without any impact to taxpayers? Save banks and prevent a recession without raising taxes or causing inflation? Wow! How exactly?

I'm not debating politics, I'm just asking HOW?

Quote:
REAL SIMPLE

he is gonna tax the rich punks that have outsourced american jobs for the last 7 years.

2. if those punks want tax breaks they are gonna have to keep jobs here in america

those jobs will create extra tax revenue

AS THEY NEVER EXISTED IN THE LAST 6 YEARS

THOSE JOBS will also create residual tax revenue because the incomes from thos jobs will allow local merchants to collect rent or sell basic need supplies to families.

food gasoline electricity water etc,

THUS the merchants will earn extra taxable revenue

this will get people off government aid

IE more money available for either other social programs or available to pay for the programs you directly asked about
How much tax do you think each job brought back from overseas would produce? 5 K? 10 k? 50K? Remember, you need 3,000 million dollars......

5K ='s 600,000,000 jobs needed.
10K = 300,000,000 jobs needed.
50K='s 60,000,000 jobs needed.

United StatesPopulation: 301,139,947

us unemployment rate - Google News

Unemployment rate = 6.1 percent.

You don't have enough unemployed people, bro.

Just as an addendum; last year I paid $5K in taxes. $5,600... something like that.

Last edited by 70Ford; 11-01-2008 at 12:21 PM..

Old 11-02-2008, 02:40 PM

19,098 posts, read 20,668,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
many people are not going to like this because it is going to reduce demand for housing but it MUST be done anyway.
You mean realtors, mortgage companies, poor people, people with bad credit, and the shareholders won't like it. I have no problem with that.

Quote:
The government needs to step in with new regulations stating what kind of loans that the FHA, Fannie, Freddie and other backed institutions will buy or allow to be be made.
Several Republicans tried. Most of the Dems and Republicans killed it. Obama will kill it, he wants more poor people to have more and I believe he will make these companies try to give it to them. You know, "spread the wealth"...

Quote:
This should include the complete outlawing of any sub prime or smoke and mirror adjustable rate loans and the requirement of at least a 5% cash down payment and a credit rating that is decent.
The free market is already doing just that, its the government that keeps pushing them and mandating them to do the opposite.

Quote:
All income should be verified using 12 month averaging of bank statements.
Does that mean poor people shouldn't get homes? Obama will be very mad at you...

Quote:
All loans should also come with no pre payment penalties so that owners can refiance them at anytime.
Agreed. But you know you are going to make the mortgage companies and the uber wealthy shareholders angry. Obama doesn't want to anger them and neither does McCain.

Quote:
Many of the people that got into smoke and mirror sub prime loans had such still pre payment penalties that it was impossible for them to refi even if they had made every payment on time! They had no choice but to walk away because they could not refi or sell the house.
Most people should not refinance period. Refinancing most of the time is not needed because you PAY MORE interest in the long term. The most important reason to refinance is to lower your taxes as you pay more interest (ONLY if it moves you into a different tax bracket, otherwise it is not needed either). Most people who refinance do it to lower their monthly payments but it extends their loan terms longer which means they pay more in the end. If you are trying to pay less, refinancing is a bad idea and most people don't realize this.

Quote:
In other words it should be made more difficult to buy a home. There was a time in this country that people did save money- and even paid 10 or 20% down for a house! I don't think 5% cash from a verified source is too much to ask. If all these investment banks are not going to be taxpayer insured by the Fed, we have every right to set standards.
We sure do... but you forget about political corruption and with the Dems in office next year... I can guarantee you it IS the status quo... not that it will be any different with Repubs in the office... corruption doesn't care what your political leanings are... both accept cash as readily as their wallet... I don't yet understand how Obama can state there is no lobbying by these groups yet we "know" how much these groups (mortgage companies, banks, etc.) are giving to him...

Old 11-03-2008, 06:09 AM

12,869 posts, read 13,437,617 times
Quote:
you ignore the FACT that this is the second time in 20 years that a real estate lead recession has occured.

The last one was from 1981 to 1988 under RAYGUN AND DADDYBUSH

which lead to dadybushboys famouse lie

read my lips no new taxes.

KEEP LYING TO YOURSELF TEX

WE educated liberals proved you are wrong in 2006 when we booted you repub boys out.

And we will do it again in 2008.
thanks, but i think that the democratic party in charge has done enough economic damage in congress for the last 2 years with nothing helpful for the average american. you need to look at the congressional budget if you think that taxes won't be raised on everyone, especially in a tanking economy with more spending projected!

Old 11-18-2008, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
thanks, but i think that the democratic party in charge has done enough economic damage in congress for the last 2 years with nothing helpful for the average american. You need to look at the congressional budget if you think that taxes won't be raised on everyone, especially in a tanking economy with more spending projected!
i guess your to young to remember the last time you repubs screwed the economy in 86-91

your boy george bush sr raised taxes and we still went south

that is until he found himself a little war

to justify deficeit spending

either that or your too busy listening to your talking head liars like rushpunk

too bad dude you guys lost big time

Old 11-18-2008, 07:52 PM

2,305 posts, read 2,751,387 times
Quote:
i guess your to young to remember the last time you repubs screwed the economy in 86-91

your boy george bush sr raised taxes and we still went south

that is until he found himself a little war

to justify deficeit spending

either that or your too busy listening to your talking head liars like rushpunk

too bad dude you guys lost big time
And now you have your boy Obama to lead the crooks in Washington now.

Old 01-27-2009, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
You can't fix stupid, but you can sure as heck put them on the ignore list. Woodrow Wilson established the federal reserve, giving a private corporation complete control of the nation's currency. Government protects this monopoly by passing legal tender laws, forcing citizens to take the payment of federal reserve notes (IOU's) for all debts. This isn't about partisan politics. This has been in the making for decades by a monied interest so powerful, it will soon establish a one world government. Perhaps some history lessons are in order. Of course, you being a product of government controlled public schooling are ignorant of your own bondage. Ahh to be a sheep. Must be great living in the republican scapegoating MTV generation. Does Obama's empty promises and hot air about hope get you hard? Go on and suck on the breast of government entitlement. Those dependent on the state are the easiest to bring into submission.
ya like your bushpunk repunks with the lowest approval ratings for a punkodent ever DID SUCH A GREAT JOB LOSER.

I BET YOU LOVED THAT 4 buck a gallon gas.

or the recession we are in

just like in 1988

only a head in the sand repunk supporter like you

would call it anything else.

IT WAS THE EXACT SAME BAILOUT ONLY FDIC DID IT

I LIVED THRU IT

BE SURE TO REMEMBER TO WORSHIP YOUR ADDICT RUSHGOD AND YOUR PRIMA DONA ANN COULTURE FOOL TONIGHT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics