Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 09:13 PM

2,193 posts, read 5,802,428 times

Advertisements

Paulson is an idiot. Has anyone heard him speak at all over the last month or so? He's done virtually nothing right. And to give him absolute power would be a huge mistake. I don't think he's going to get that however, that's Congress' big stink about this Bail Out Bill right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 10:46 PM

209 posts, read 584,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmarg View Post
I went to High School with Hank Paulson thru all 4 years at Barrington HS. I found him to be most intelligent and honest as the day is long. He has tons of business experience and feel he has done a great job getting us thru the current situation. Just look how the market responded and everyone feels much better now. I am a Democrat but feel he is very good in a crises situation which he did not create. Chaulk it up to the Mortgage lenders and the greedy American public who jumped at the loans. Shared responsibility
Well I just judge if your telling the truth or your just a dishonest fanboy? If you are telling the truth thank you for the old character reference to a time before we went to Wall Street. I would need to meet him in person to get the feel if he is a genuine person. He has a hard job and I am not going to bash him without actually talking to him but I can't see how his plan is the best for the long term prospects of this wonderful country. I also agree that there is plenty of blame to spread around and poor mister Paulson had this drop on his lap and the problems started with Woodrow Wilson so he can't have too much blame. If your lying then you have just been caught so there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics