Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the $700 billion bail out !!!
Is it right to Bail them out? 6 11.54%
Meet them half way? 8 15.38%
Let them Suffer and reduce the Upper managenemt? 37 71.15%
I don't care? 1 1.92%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 08:46 AM

594 posts, read 1,044,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rei View Post
My graduate professor got his BS in engineering from UC Berkeley, MS and PhD from CalTech, and studied waaay harder than finance people.
How do you know? Try becoming an actuary or CFA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2008, 11:51 AM

109 posts, read 388,150 times
I think the bailout should be increased to $1trn+ If you're going to spash out, do it properly

IMO it's time to put ideas of revenge aside for now, your politicans will deliver that amply in return for your votes. Ensuring US hegemony in the financial world is imperative and like it or not, your taxes is the best method of injecting liquidity into the system.

Old 10-01-2008, 12:39 PM

302 posts, read 961,679 times
I never said a word about agreeing with the golden parachutes, so read before u respon. And as for making bad decisions, yes they did, but so did many of the upper and middle mgmt. And in alot of public companies, the control to fire a CEO or CFO lies in the hand of the shareholders, yes ppl like you and me, so i guess we should penalize every shareholder of Lehman Bros for not voting to aust their executives. This was post was aimed at the ignorant ppl who think that rthe bailout was designed to save wall street and the CEO's, if all the banks fail dont you think that might have an impact on the economy as a whole....duhhh And as for the Idiot who stated that his grad profeesor deserves more money becuase he woked alot harder to get his bs in engineering then any finance ppl...whaatt the hell are you saying, Im sure you have neither a degree in engineering or a phd/ or doctorate in finance so how do u know who worked harder.

Old 10-01-2008, 09:11 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
I say no matter what both parties are looking for something for their special interest. Fuuny how the democrats said they were crooks and now want to bail the crooks out more than the republicans.Twell me how you know this will solve the problem other than what they how say compared to what the said weeks ago.Seems they are buying assets that no one knows the value of at all. That is a big problem. Even the other banks will not deal with the ones in problems because they don't know what there worth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics