Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 12:22 AM

93 posts, read 291,391 times

Advertisements

This is the latest in the bail out progress. Nancy pelosi says plans still need to be worked upon. Both parties have to put this on the paper before it can be presented to the public. The plan is in its final stages as what the reporter report on BBC News, "The BBC's Justin Webb in Washington says the tentative agreement that appears to have been reached is thought to include a measure to limit the pay for executives of companies which seek financial assistance, which was a key demand of the Democrats." They might have something sunday morning for us. I hope.

I think that this is the first time I have seen the cangress actually worked hard and the best part is that they are working together. I hope they came up with somethng that can help the people as well as the banks but not the CEO's who brought this system to its knees. Just my thoughts. .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2008, 12:34 AM

1,788 posts, read 3,911,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aahlawat View Post
This is the latest in the bail out progress. Nancy pelosi says plans still need to be worked upon. Both parties have to put this on the paper before it can be presented to the public. The plan is in its final stages as what the reporter report on BBC News, "The BBC's Justin Webb in Washington says the tentative agreement that appears to have been reached is thought to include a measure to limit the pay for executives of companies which seek financial assistance, which was a key demand of the Democrats." They might have something sunday morning for us. I hope.

I think that this is the first time I have seen the cangress actually worked hard and the best part is that they are working together. I hope they came up with somethng that can help the people as well as the banks but not the CEO's who brought this system to its knees. Just my thoughts. .
The best part? It was all Bush's plan.

Old 09-28-2008, 12:34 AM

7,826 posts, read 11,737,360 times
limit the pay? From what...25 million to 5 million? I think the pay should be capped at $60,000/yr period! Plus they should be forced to donate $5,000/yr to charity.

Old 09-28-2008, 12:48 AM

93 posts, read 291,391 times
Great thought K374. I also think that the jobs that the companies are sending out should be limited. If you send one job out, the company should be help rsponsble to create a job with same job description here in US. If a company fail to comply with this they should be penalized heavily. I want to see that happen and I can say with confidence that this country will be back on his feet in no time.

Old 09-28-2008, 04:07 AM

1,020 posts, read 2,527,101 times
Quote:
Great thought K374. I also think that the jobs that the companies are sending out should be limited. If you send one job out, the company should be help rsponsble to create a job with same job description here in US.
But, we didn't really export many financial jobs from banks (the ones asking for a bailout). Manufacturing, call center jobs, and other jobs that don't require many skills have been exported the most. So, it wouldn't really help in this situation.

Old 09-28-2008, 07:08 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,904,897 times
What cracked me up was Elmer Fudd (Barney Fwanks) came out with a group of people and said "the best part of this deal, not meaning to offend anyone here is that in a couple of days this will be passed and I won't have to talk to any of these people again."
Oh really?

Old 09-28-2008, 06:01 PM

707 posts, read 1,290,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
limit the pay? From what...25 million to 5 million? I think the pay should be capped at $60,000/yr period! Plus they should be forced to donate $5,000/yr to charity.
Should limit it to 3x bank clerks salary and only based on performance.

I disagree with Warren Buffett on several issues but he has walked the walk on salaries. I believe he still only takes $150,000 in salary and the rest in stock. A lot of these big shot cowboy Ceo's don't even buy significant stock in their own businesses.

Old 09-28-2008, 07:33 PM

516 posts, read 1,884,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
Cool - let's cap everyone's salary at $60,000/year.

Old 09-29-2008, 10:11 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,753,617 times
Sounds good. Hey I might need a car in a couple of years... where's the sign up list to buy a Lada?

Old 09-29-2008, 10:16 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,608,382 times
Does a Lada cost more than a 12 yr old Buick? I bought 12 yr old Buick 6 years ago. Still runs fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics