Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2008, 06:40 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times

Advertisements

Shocking transcript of Kudlow and Rep. Brad Sherman.
I read it somewhere else but no link was provided. Well, here's the link with the transcript:

Safe Haven | Rep. Brad Sherman On Bailing Out Foreign Investors

snippet:

"Larry you have to read the bill. It's very clear. The Bank of Shanghai can transfer all of its toxic assets to the Bank of Shanghai of Los Angeles which can then sell them the next day to the Treasury. I had a provision to say if it wasn't owned by an American entity even a subsidiary, but at least an entity in the US, the Treasury can't buy it. It was rejected.
The bill is very clear. Assets now held in China and London can be sold to US entities on Monday and then sold to the Treasury on Tuesday. Paulson has made it clear he will recommend a veto of any bill that contained a clear provision that said if Americans did not own the asset on September 20th that it can't be sold to the Treasury."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2008, 06:43 PM

1,458 posts, read 3,283,820 times
Well, guess who's going to resume providing credit after the bail out? Guess who is restricting credit conditions now?

We already know who owns US. If there is a next time... maybe we can use the "credit" to build on infrastructure, production capacity, R&D, energy independence... rather than housing. This way we can work on really solving our fundamental economic issues (consumption > production).

As long as we have a trade deficit... we'll have someone owning US... or lending US credit.

-chuck22b

Old 10-01-2008, 07:11 PM

3,459 posts, read 5,793,604 times
Sooner or later, Paulson is going to have a mob at his door.

I think I could live with this plan:
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...Bjg&refer=home

Old 10-01-2008, 07:18 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
The bill passed the Senate folks. Both Obama and McCain voted FOR it.

Old 10-01-2008, 09:04 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,747,624 times
Just as I figured, I know a bailout will be pushed through eventually. Congress does not serve us but their contributors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics