Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 09:21 AM

1,658 posts, read 3,038,990 times

Advertisements

I need to buy me Subaru, it needs money. The car has to be here in 2 years, costing £20,000.

I don't have time, I'm 26 and have anxiety and breathing problems. Chest pains too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2008, 09:21 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
And think about this folks..the government is saying this bailout will help to avoid a "recession".
What the heck have we been living through this past year ? I know..a "softening of the economy".

Old 10-04-2008, 09:22 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu101 View Post
maybe Dotcom bubble 2.0
This is way worse than the dot com burst..that was limited.
This is global and is affecting almost every industry.

Old 10-04-2008, 09:23 AM

1,509 posts, read 3,082,979 times
I was just joking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
This is way worse than the dot com burst..that was limited.
This is global and is affecting almost every industry.

Old 10-04-2008, 01:37 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,506,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Chutzpah View Post
Do we import most of our food, or do we grow ourselves

maybe we can become an agriculture based society

We have probably the greatest soil on earth, and what better export than food to starving countries

Places like northern europe and russia/siberia have poor soil quality and long winters, the Oil Sheiks live in a desert so they cant grow anything, and africa and SOB have so much poor

we could trade food for oil, and everything else

Actually we are very good at growing food and have the land and resources to do it. I think it is a good I deal to push some of our population toward farming one again. Plus since India and china are plow over a lot of there rice fields and their water quality is crap. We should have about a 2 billion person market to sell to.

Now guys know some of you are saying that we are very early in this meltdown. Yes I know this. But even in even in downtimes there are opportunities out there. though we may have to wait to realize some of the ideas.

If anything just take this as a fun thread and throw out some ideas.

Old 10-04-2008, 08:21 PM

2,541 posts, read 11,332,493 times
You know I do not understand how OPEC gained so much power

They did not drill that oil they have, WE DID

those rich oil sheiks would have nothing if not for us

When we first went in there, why did have to make them our equals?

Old 10-05-2008, 12:24 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,272,857 times
one word: SCIENCE

Old 10-05-2008, 06:27 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Movie Lover View Post
I need to buy me Subaru, it needs money. The car has to be here in 2 years, costing £20,000.

I don't have time, I'm 26 and have anxiety and breathing problems. Chest pains too.
That's why we invented Ativan,Prozac etc. You see movie, the U.S. has invented a few things y'all can use straight from the home of psych issues Los Angeles and New York! Worry, who needs to worry when we have such a wonderful pharmacology system here!
Load up a candy dish or Pez dispenser (I suggest the Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck ones) and put a smile on that face!!!
Or if you are a "natural" kind of guy you can latch on to some of that S.F. green from Humbolt county or Hawaii....

Old 10-05-2008, 06:32 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baystater View Post
Actually we are very good at growing food and have the land and resources to do it. I think it is a good I deal to push some of our population toward farming one again. Plus since India and china are plow over a lot of there rice fields and their water quality is crap. We should have about a 2 billion person market to sell to.

Now guys know some of you are saying that we are very early in this meltdown. Yes I know this. But even in even in downtimes there are opportunities out there. though we may have to wait to realize some of the ideas.

If anything just take this as a fun thread and throw out some ideas.
We actually used to feed the world until corporations and the govt. got involved. This nation WAS the breadbasket with hundreds of family concerns that are now wholly owned by corporations and are now payed to leave the land fallow or grow energy crops. It's amazing how much they pay for corps. NOT to grow anything...

Old 10-05-2008, 07:53 AM

1,658 posts, read 3,038,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
That's why we invented Ativan,Prozac etc. You see movie, the U.S. has invented a few things y'all can use straight from the home of psych issues Los Angeles and New York! Worry, who needs to worry when we have such a wonderful pharmacology system here!
Load up a candy dish or Pez dispenser (I suggest the Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck ones) and put a smile on that face!!!
Or if you are a "natural" kind of guy you can latch on to some of that S.F. green from Humbolt county or Hawaii....
I once thought about investing in medicine, but I read that company takes the money and thats it, no return. Medicine stocks are a real bastard to keep track of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics