U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 06:39 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,299 posts, read 12,851,010 times

Advertisements

Please don't click on this if it's going to upset you. I rather enjoy reading this sort of thing and getting a little clearer picture of what lies ahead, but other people seem to get anxious or depressed by it, and that's not going to help you. Peak Oil: Life After the Oil Crash (http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/BreakingNews.html - broken link)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 06:42 PM

316 posts, read 654,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Please don't click on this if it's going to upset you. I rather enjoy reading this sort of thing and getting a little clearer picture of what lies ahead, but other people seem to get anxious or depressed by it, and that's not going to help you. Peak Oil: Life After the Oil Crash (http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/BreakingNews.html - broken link)

WOW !!!! NICE LINK !!!!!
DOOMERS HEAVEN!!!!!

And
JUST IN CASE YOU FORGOT WERE DOOMED!

Old 10-08-2008, 07:55 PM
jco

2,120 posts, read 6,102,305 times
Holy crap... that is depressing.

Old 10-08-2008, 08:38 PM

5,500 posts, read 20,938,886 times
good news, woof.

Old 10-08-2008, 08:38 PM

11,838 posts, read 26,271,654 times
Woof have you looked at The Black Vault lately?

Old 10-08-2008, 08:40 PM

1,020 posts, read 2,338,088 times
And, I LOVE the links to the left to sell books. And the name "Peak Oil Crash." God, how do people still believe in that peak oil BS? Aren't they aware that there is ONE reserve in Canada that could keep world oil needs afloat for 100 years (adjusting for increases in usage, as well)? And, there are many others like it around.

All I can say is: ENTERTAINING!

Old 10-08-2008, 08:50 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,299 posts, read 12,851,010 times
I've never looked at the Black Vault, BarkingOwl, but I'll check it out sometime.

runningncircles, the site gets its news from reputable sources such as the Wall Street Journal. Its views on peak oil and the advertising are irrelevant to the news it gives links to in a responsible manner.

The oil sands in Canada require a large amount of fuel energy to extract. I doubt that the small net gain would keep the current civilization going anything like 100 years. But again, that's irrelevant to the concern about the validity of the news articles and opinions.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:57 PM

48,508 posts, read 88,448,132 times
Well I definely believe in peak poil has the oil industry and the saudi do. But that has liltte to do with the current situation.Remember that it is peak crude they are talkign about npot shale oil that will be vbery expensive to convert to useable crude or sand tars.Until they are available ( or even actually alowed to be converted) then its the same market goignafter the ground crude.Just as the oil in the deep shelofs are goignto be expensive and crude wioll have to be at least $100 a bareel to make even the known oil in the deep gulf worth going after i9n ten years time it will take.The world lowering demand now is the best thing that has happened in years regaurdless of the reason on the energy scene.

Old 10-08-2008, 11:23 PM

86,068 posts, read 76,631,796 times
Instead of peak oil it's peak debt.

Old 10-08-2008, 11:57 PM

5,409 posts, read 10,330,951 times
Although I am not a Doomer, I have been on LATOC for about a year -- as Phildo.

Even went to a meeting with them in the Dallas area, this summer. All nice enough folks.

I track the Doomers as an EXCELLENT study of the Worst Case.

I have used that modeling to choose paths on the energy business that have been VERY profitable.

What I find really dumb and goofy are the folks that declare themselves "optimists" (or conservative / liberal, whatever, etc.) and let their own label set their mind and show themselves too dumb to learn something from others, such as Doomers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics