Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 11:13 AM

11,839 posts, read 28,955,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
The link I posted contains valuable information. I hope a few people take the time to check it out.
Its an excellent interview. Its amazing the depths of treachery that are going on right now in both political parties to reduce as, the ordinary Americans, to debt bondage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2008, 11:52 AM

Here's one of the links mentioned in the broadcast.
Michael Hudson - financial economist and historian

Old 10-10-2008, 12:12 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,448,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
Here's one of the links mentioned in the broadcast.
Michael Hudson - financial economist and historian
Yes, that's his website, where you can find lots of other good information. I'm glad someone on the forum took the time to listen to the interview. He's extremely intelligent and brings a unique global perspective to what is going on.

What did you think about his comments on how damaging hyperinflation will be to this country. He talked about what happened in Russia. Do you think it's possible a similar situation could happen in this country?

And what do you think about his comment, "Nothing in politics is an accident" and how that relates to Hank Paulson's motives? Do you think Paulson knew that flooding the system with money would do nothing to stabilize the stock markets?

Old 10-10-2008, 02:46 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Woof,

I listened to the program.
Again. Not even this guy was talking about hyper inflation. Assets have fallen by 5 trillion at least and this was his estimation. Since banks are not loaning money is systematically disappearing. No debt, no currency. They are letting assets deflate while creating money for themselves by exchanging garbage for treasury bonds. That means the same amount of dollars is circulating only they have them and we don't.

Russia and China are not safe havens either so they will not benefit from off shoring it like the Oligarchs . That was not the case with Russia and Argentina. Russia I know for a fact is also tanking and opening loan windows for their failing banks. Capital is leaving it not going to it. Now if they do find a place to dump it it will cause some inflation or even a currency devaluation to absorb the 5 trillion. However all they need to do is let the rest spiral down while they recreate the same for themselves . People will be happily selling their assets at loses while they buy it or the foreigners who took the US paper and shovel it back to us.

Old 10-10-2008, 03:27 PM

Quote:
What did you think about his comments on how damaging hyperinflation will be to this country. He talked about what happened in Russia. Do you think it's possible a similar situation could happen in this country?
We really don't know what went on in Russia except for what they wanted us to know. But Russia seems to have emerged from their crisis a stronger nation. I don't necessarily see the US following the Russian model, but I could see the country going the way of Zimbabwe.

Quote:
And what do you think about his comment, "Nothing in politics is an accident" and how that relates to Hank Paulson's motives? Do you think Paulson knew that flooding the system with money would do nothing to stabilize the stock markets?
I think that we're seeing the culmination of a plan that could well be 100 years old. I think Paulson was appointed & paid to drive the economy into the ground. I remember during the real estate boom that things started to unravel after Bush had commented that the real estate market was overvalued. I believe that the politicians have been given their orders & they have been given a timetable. The media, newspapers & TV are firmly in the hands of the oligarchy. They tell us what they want us to hear. Its all mindless entertainment for the masses.

Most people get a glazed look on their faces when anything is brought up having to do with the economy. I was that way myself. Then I started reading Ron Paul's books on economic theory & found that it was actually quite easy to grasp the basic concepts. A lot of what he wrote was speeches given to Congress about why a bill was faulty or harmful to our country. He talks like a normal person, not a scholar, so the material is easily understandable.

I just hope we can find a way to correct this stupidity before our country ceases to exist.

Old 10-10-2008, 04:47 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,448,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
We really don't know what went on in Russia except for what they wanted us to know. But Russia seems to have emerged from their crisis a stronger nation. I don't necessarily see the US following the Russian model, but I could see the country going the way of Zimbabwe.

I think that we're seeing the culmination of a plan that could well be 100 years old. I think Paulson was appointed & paid to drive the economy into the ground. I remember during the real estate boom that things started to unravel after Bush had commented that the real estate market was overvalued. I believe that the politicians have been given their orders & they have been given a timetable. The media, newspapers & TV are firmly in the hands of the oligarchy. They tell us what they want us to hear. Its all mindless entertainment for the masses.

Most people get a glazed look on their faces when anything is brought up having to do with the economy. I was that way myself. Then I started reading Ron Paul's books on economic theory & found that it was actually quite easy to grasp the basic concepts. A lot of what he wrote was speeches given to Congress about why a bill was faulty or harmful to our country. He talks like a normal person, not a scholar, so the material is easily understandable.

I just hope we can find a way to correct this stupidity before our country ceases to exist.
What Ron Paul books did you read?

Old 10-10-2008, 06:07 PM

Quote:
What Ron Paul books did you read?
Pillars of Prosperity & Gold, Peace & Prosperity The Birth Of A New Currency.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics