Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 11:38 AM

5,760 posts, read 11,541,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
Thanks for making fellow Christians look like a pack of fools... this is absolute garbage. And where do you get this "adds up to 12" nonsense?
JT -- don't sweat it. Christians only look lack a pack of fools when they are being a pack of fools.

God is not mocked.

Need a Christian Joke of the Day?

Q: What did one Lion at the Roman Coliseum say to the other one when he had a bellyache?

A: These Christians give everybody indigestion.

'nother?

Q: Why are there no M&Ms in heaven?

A: They fall through the nail holes in Jesus' hands.

ummmm, yeah. I will be doing a few extra eons in purgatory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2008, 08:57 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Yep, god's seen what's happening and boy is SHE pissed!

Old 10-16-2008, 09:04 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,853,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip T View Post
JT -- don't sweat it. Christians only look lack a pack of fools when they are being a pack of fools.

God is not mocked.

Need a Christian Joke of the Day?

Q: What did one Lion at the Roman Coliseum say to the other one when he had a bellyache?

A: These Christians give everybody indigestion.

'nother?

Q: Why are there no M&Ms in heaven?

A: They fall through the nail holes in Jesus' hands.

ummmm, yeah. I will be doing a few extra eons in purgatory.
Purgatory is yours not for doing religious jokes, but for doing religious jokes that aren't funny.

Old 10-16-2008, 04:44 PM

956 posts, read 3,001,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
The wrath of God is coming upon us, and its coming to our pocketbooks. Its no co-incidence that the Dow fell 777 points on the eve of Rosh Hashanah. 777 is the Holy number of God, and the Dow fell exactly that amount on a day that was the 273rd day of the year (adds up to 12), and there was 93 days left in the year (also adds up to 12, the number of disciples of Jesus Christ). God was giving us a warning that day of whats to come. Its our material wealth that has made this country greedy and gluttonous, and the time has come for us to pay the piper. Repent now or much worse is to come!
Thanks for the laugh.

Old 10-16-2008, 06:41 PM

3,631 posts, read 14,549,285 times
I thought God was kind of, well, not supportive of humans trying to "divine" the future using things like numerology and astrology and all that stuff - well that is how I learned it.

I will not argue that our wealth and greed has caused us problems but I think we are doing quite the good job punishing ourselves on this one without any divine "punishment".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics