Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 03:54 PM

2,111 posts, read 7,949,085 times

Advertisements

Did you see Oprah's show on the move to pass a bill to prevent chickens, pigs and cows from being in cages or giving them more room? Now to hear from some farmers that are against it, it would drive them out of business to change their farms not to mention the cost. Oh great, now we will have to import are eggs from other countries (Mexico) to afford them. Isn't our country in enough trouble with us overspending which helped get us to where we are today without worrying about chickens in cages. I am an animal lover but this is to much. By the time we're done with this economy, you'll be lucky to get eggs, let alone worry about they coming from cage less chickens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2008, 03:57 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,841,918 times
Watching it and I agree. If I want to and can afford to I buy free range, if not I don't. It's a scary thought that it would pass and drive some of the farmers out of business.

Old 10-14-2008, 04:08 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,442,837 times
YOU do not want me to start on this women! Maybe she should put her money and her self into doing some of the crap she is so much for. I for one would love to see her out sloppin the hogs, milkin' cows (on a stool) and maybe abit of hard labor on the farm. Do her some good to leave the servants and penthouse for awhile.

Old 10-14-2008, 04:10 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,441,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taurus430 View Post
Did you see Oprah's show on the move to pass a bill to prevent chickens, pigs and cows from being in cages or giving them more room? Now to hear from some farmers that are against it, it would drive them out of business to change their farms not to mention the cost. Oh great, now we will have to import are eggs from other countries (Mexico) to afford them. Isn't our country in enough trouble with us overspending which helped get us to where we are today without worrying about chickens in cages. I am an animal lover but this is to much. By the time we're done with this economy, you'll be lucky to get eggs, let alone worry about they coming from cage less chickens.
Well, you could always raise your own chickens or stop eating meat altogether.

Old 10-14-2008, 04:50 PM

5,475 posts, read 12,239,912 times
Oprah has about as much credibility as those biatches on "The View." They are so clueless to "real issues" and I quite honestly don't see how people, specifically women, watch her tripe. Her audience is the ultimate in SHEeple.

Old 10-14-2008, 05:02 PM

I think a lot of Americans could do with a little less bacon in their diets.

Maybe if more folks were forced to buy broccoli instead of ham, or even walk to the grocery store, it would not only ensure a little more kindness in our livestock raising, but bring down our national health care costs as well.

Old 10-14-2008, 05:06 PM

211 posts, read 402,415 times
[quote=Woof Woof Woof!;5690909]I think a lot of Americans could do with a little less bacon in their diets.

"Maybe if more folks were forced to buy".....

Forced?....that just doesn't even sound right.......

Old 10-14-2008, 05:09 PM

4,640 posts, read 11,929,198 times
I briefly watched the chicken show and thought it was a great example of how completely out of touch Oprah and some of these other people really are. Although it took me a couple of minutes b/c at first I thought it was some kind of spoof show. You know, with all the things going on in this world, surely we weren't devoting air time to the rights of chickens. Anyway, I suppose once I'm done figuring out how to fund retirement, kids' college, and keep us all insured with a roof over heads, I'll take on mean chicken farmers. On second thought, I want to live in Oprah's world where chickens without space is a major concern.

Old 10-14-2008, 05:16 PM

You're right bande1102,

Who cares where our food comes from?

For that matter, who cares where our clothes come from either. Twelves years old working away in sweatshops in some other country. Don't bother me a bit.

Americans always get what they want no matter what they have to kill, step over, blow up, or destroy to get it. As long as they get their bacon in the morning, that's all most Americans care about.

I hate to say it, but it's true. And it's all this greed and thoughtless excess that has turned us into a country of fat, broke, lazy lards.

Not a pretty sight.

Old 10-14-2008, 05:25 PM

947 posts, read 3,138,438 times
Missed it. Haven't been able to watch a talk show in years. I do subscribe to her magazine and have to admit I love it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics