Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 04:31 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,163,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdelena View Post
95% of every job has to do with perceived social interactions, not actual performance.
You hit the nail on the head with that. Not all jobs, but most of them.

Old 10-22-2008, 05:19 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,856,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
You hit the nail on the head with that. Not all jobs, but most of them.
Same goes for teaching in a particular school. Every one must pass the state exam to earn their teaching certificate. Many schools are rather cliquish and will look down on many gifted teachers to accommodate a person who fits nicely into a round hole. I always thought that the first lesson of a teacher is to teach the idea that you can not read a book by its cover. Perhaps teachers should teach themselves about humanity before actually teaching children. This attitude works against the idea the different minded persons provide a difference of opinion. So much for being a real person.

Old 10-22-2008, 05:37 PM

484 posts, read 2,210,542 times
good job rebelling man!!
**** ur boss. if u have no family to support and just urself then its k, but dont do that kind of stuff if u do have family.
other then that just go all out!

Old 10-22-2008, 10:35 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,927,978 times
Its very sad to lose a job (OP). I have an old saying ;
"Never bite the hand that feeds you as tomorrow the hand may not be there"
Lesson here is keep your thoughts to yourself and DO NOT converse with fellow employees. The boss did not like the Mob (employees) desending on his office.
As a former business owner with employees who at one time tried to tell me how/what I should do...they are history. Steve

Old 10-27-2008, 01:36 PM

3,855 posts, read 13,267,057 times
I can relate to the OP.

At a former company I was watching a situation deteriorate before my very eyes and my direct management didn't care and wanted nothing to do with an issue that may paint our IPT in a negative light. So I spoke up...to basically whoever would listen. Let me tell you...it wasn't the best career move. I was not fired for it but I can tell you I was passed over for a promotion at the very least. So I left the company. I refuse to be treated that way for doing my job.

So silly how companies in this country do business these days...and no wonder why it's in such a shape. It reminds me of why GM, Ford, and Chrysler are in the shape they're in. Instead of listening to the little guys telling them what a mess things are they continue down the same old path. Just wait...the "Big Three" may soon be the "Big Two"...and maybe the "Big One"...because they refuse to adapt to changing times and refuse to respond to issues on the fly.

That issue I spoke of will end up costing millions....if not billions to fix (on the tax payers' dime)....or the project will be severely cut back or possibly cancelled. When it does I'm going to send a smiley "I TOLD YOU SO!!!!" email to my former boss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics