Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 08:04 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times

Advertisements

The businesses were already worried and with the choice of the American people who their next president will be for the next 4 yrs, more comapnies will lay off workers....yesterday the stock market had a History drop, a day after the presidential elections ever!!!

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/continuing-jobless-claims-hit-25-year/story.aspx?guid={78FFEEFB-9D2C-4AE3-840A-BCAF827DAD74}
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 08:12 AM

2,984 posts, read 5,857,088 times
The federal government is reporting that unemployment might reach 8% with tomorrow’s news release. President-elect Obama's spending plans will only hurt the economy. I wonder how new green jobs are going to help the nation's economy. If you ask me is all nonsense.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:43 AM

1,436 posts, read 3,302,716 times
I believe, as do many others, that unemployment will peak sometime mid 09 as Co.'s try to keep the bottom lines as positive as possible as consumer spending slows after the holidays. And how much that peak is, and when it actually happens is also subject to what our new savior has in store for us. When his tax increase hits, that peak will go higher and stay there longer as Co.'s try to offset it... and it's not a matter of IF as it is WHEN !

When unemployment numbers peak, the market will bottom. We are not there yet...

Old 11-06-2008, 09:17 AM

2,984 posts, read 5,857,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan_K View Post
I believe, as do many others, that unemployment will peak sometime mid 09 as Co.'s try to keep the bottom lines as positive as possible as consumer spending slows after the holidays. And how much that peak is, and when it actually happens is also subject to what our new savior has in store for us. When his tax increase hits, that peak will go higher and stay there longer as Co.'s try to offset it... and it's not a matter of IF as it is WHEN !

When unemployment numbers peak, the market will bottom. We are not there yet...
I wonder why many voters could not see that. We are going to fall hard. I agree that we are going to fall for a while.

Old 11-06-2008, 09:23 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
The sad part is that the people who voted for him didn't even understand what he stands for and even when they loose their job, they will blame Bush, since that is what their popstar Obama is selling them...and they just follow.

Old 11-06-2008, 10:42 AM

1,436 posts, read 3,302,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
I wonder why many voters could not see that. We are going to fall hard. I agree that we are going to fall for a while.
Because the large majority of the people he appealed to have no real clue about economics. All they heard was tax credit and handouts and THAT group makes up the majority of this country. He was able to sell them something they can't buy if they wanted to... it's just a mirage.

"The Obama Era" is going to be go down in history as the "The Obama Error" !

Listening to the news, analysts are trying to figure out how he can spend what he has planned to spend, implement stimulus package and lower taxes for the middle class all at the same time with the current deficit. Looks like he has to break some of his promises just 2 days after being elected. Go figure... Big business will suffer the most in the near future and that doesn't bode well for the middle class no matter how you look at it. And at the same time these same economically challenged middle class people just keep right on cheering away. I guess they are caught up in the moment...

Bentlebee... I said it in another thread and I'll say it again. Everyone that was crying with happiness when the election was over will be crying again in a couple years, only for a different reason !

Old 11-06-2008, 10:57 AM

625 posts, read 3,635,815 times
You people are unbelievable. I guess Dubya was great for this country for 8 years!!! You have no clue. The people of America have spoken so keep your griping to yourself. Ever wonder why there was such a high voter turnout and why he won by a landslide? No it's not because "Blacks voted for him just because he is Black", it's because people of all races voted for him and people went out and voted waiting in lines for 2-3 hours because they are either unemployed, close to unemployed, or just tired of seeing this country go down the toilet with other countries laughing and feeling pity for us because we currently have a lunatic as a president!!! Do you really think Bush's low ratings are coming from "idiots who know nothing about economics???"

Old 11-06-2008, 11:06 AM

8,943 posts, read 11,784,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
The businesses were already worried and with the choice of the American people who their next president will be for the next 4 yrs, more comapnies will lay off workers....yesterday the stock market had a History drop, a day after the presidential elections ever!!!

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/continuing-jobless-claims-hit-25-year/story.aspx?guid={78FFEEFB-9D2C-4AE3-840A-BCAF827DAD74}
This is just one more of many lies you and kind have been sprouting. What you posted is your opinion. The article didn't say that. Bush is still in office. Obama is not yet President. How is he responsible for the current unemployment rate? Again, the same thing with the stock market. If you understand the stock market at all, the down trend started over a year ago because of bad business conditions.

Will you ever learn that the kind of misinformation and fear mongering you and your kind are only capable of caused Senator McCain this election?

The election is over. Get over it.

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/stor...-BCAF827DAD74}

Old 11-06-2008, 11:06 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neekah18 View Post
You people are unbelievable. I guess Dubya was great for this country for 8 years!!! You have no clue. The people of America have spoken so keep your griping to yourself. Ever wonder why there was such a high voter turnout and why he won by a landslide? No it's not because "Blacks voted for him just because he is Black", it's because people of all races voted for him and people went out and voted waiting in lines for 2-3 hours because they are either unemployed, close to unemployed, or just tired of seeing this country go down the toilet with other countries laughing and feeling pity for us because we currently have a lunatic as a president!!! Do you really think Bush's low ratings are coming from "idiots who know nothing about economics???"
Why should they ;they learned it fro the Bush haters. Just get use to it. Do you think thast the dmocratic congresses even lower ratings after two years means nothing for the future. .

Old 11-06-2008, 11:10 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Folks..take your politics to the politics forum. There's plenty of idiots over there to get your posts easily up to 20 pages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics