Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Debt advice: business, consumer, government, federal, taxes.

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 02:49 PM

437 posts, read 792,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
I have seen numbers of total US debt being around 55 Trillion or so. I wonder if anyone has an official number? That is government, business and consumer debt combined. I also understand that about 10 trillion is the national debt. That means about 45 trillion is fractional reserve debt at interest to banks.
The only time I do mind government debt is how they make it. I would be thrilled if 45 trillion were passed out to tax payers and then some over a little transition time.
As this is done of course I would be raising the reserve requirements of banks until it reached 100%. If banks won't loan money into existence no problem I will print it interest free.
The reason why I like government debt is because its not debt. Treasuries masquerade as debt but they are essentially a now redundant layer of abstraction since US securities back dollars and nothing else. Should we be running dollars through a paper shredder anymore than printing too many? Only when the Fed sells bonds is real debt actually created. Now if 55 trillion in buying power exists I would certainly prefer 55 trillion in defacto treasury notes then pay interest on 45 trillion and be at the whim of banks who were too stupid to loan too much before and could not care less if we die on the vine now while they run to the Fed. I say lets rack up the debt by putting the cash into the hands of tax payers while keeping the actually money supply stable.
This flick of the pen will starve the banks and not us who can really pay for this mess and we can then nationalize some of their basic functions, convert federal reserves to actual treasuries, and go with simple time deposits or demand deposits that must stay put and never have a rabid animal of an unstable money supply ever again. I have had enough of this banker plutocracy.

Please explain to me how banks can loan money that they do not have.
Also, how can I get into a scheme like this? At least without getting a beat down.

JD out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 03:02 PM

1,960 posts, read 4,661,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrtx View Post
Please explain to me how banks can loan money that they do not have.
Also, how can I get into a scheme like this? At least without getting a beat down.

JD out
You're kidding right? Ever heard of fractional reserve banking? You know, the economic structure of that piece of paper you have in your wallet. Recommend you watch the video "Money as Debt".

How can you get in on the scheme? Short answer, you can't, you don't belong to the banking plutocracy, you're a mere proletariat pawn, oh and welcome to the Natrix Neo, the red pill is a b$tch I know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics