U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 08:12 AM

2,541 posts, read 10,524,248 times

Advertisements

^^^

People who are employed by the greedy people are not the same as the people who "invested the money with the greedy people"

But even still steady employment forever is not a guaranteed thing, so those people who were laid-off need to just keep their heads up and look and try out new opportunities

Life is suppose to be rough
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 12:33 PM

93 posts, read 236,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
It is your right to think the way you do...isn't it great to live in a democracy!

But the other thing is ....I hope you think the same about all the people in financial trouble due to them signing bad mortgages, getting bad realtors advise, bad appraisers....since that all has to do with greed as well...

The bank employees who got fired due to the CEO bad management and the big 3 who had wrong management and spend the money bad....well the people working their worked for companies who can be called greedy as well since their CEO's made millions....so these companies had to do with greed....don't feel sorry for any one involved...as you stated "all greed"....even the innocent involved?
hey bentle

just as i said IT'S ALL ABOUT GREED AND STUPIDITY... no matter how you look at it! in financial trouble because of bad mortgages, realtors, appraisers... what about personal accountability? unfortunately, not everyone is entitled to owning a home. moreover far too many people, or sheeple as i call them, living WAYYYYYY beyond their means... it is that thought process, or lack thereof, that caused a most of this mess!

this generation in power today (politically, financially and socially) are without ANY doubt the dumbest and most dangerous this country has EVER seen. these FOOLS and SCUM have sold out this country in a pathetic attempt to line their GREEDY pockets. by TAKING all they can for themselves they have seriously devalued the dollar, housing market, economy, etc. that extra dollar they unethically earned is now worth less than their "2 cents" they started "investing" with... not only are they FOOLS and SCUM but some of the biggest JACKA$$ES on this planet.

you're concerned with the innocent? well so am i HOWEVER, where are these innocent employees and/or people voicing their concerns and/or why are they not questioning, screaming about and/or holding accountable their FOOLISH leaders (ceo's, cfo's, board members, politicians, investors, etc.) who make certain those in their little boys (and girls) elite clubs are WELL taken care of. can you tell me why that scum from merrill lynch actually got AND was allowed to keep a ridiculous bonus for being on the job for (3) weeks @ a failing company that was bought out... (he) being "on the job" for less than 1 month? 3 weeks of failure, or just showing up for work = a $25 million bonus on top of his salary and/or signing bonus? there's the problem!!! there is NO economy, anywhere on this planet, that could sustain such SELECTIVE GREEDY INDULGENCE OF AN ENTITLED FEW.

if something is not done RIGHT and real soon, this will just continue to spiral down... as blue collar comedian ron white says it... all the way to the crash sight. wake up people or the games gonna be over before you get a chance to play in it. the gap between those who have and those who have not, is getting bigger and bigger and bigger by the second... stop crying about it... do something and/or stand up and be heard!

Old 01-08-2009, 08:37 PM

5,500 posts, read 20,496,366 times
This guy is so twisted. He is always smirking. I can't wait till they put him behind bars. What a scum bag!!

Old 01-09-2009, 09:01 AM

26,661 posts, read 40,616,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruno_rs View Post
hey bentle

just as i said IT'S ALL ABOUT GREED AND STUPIDITY... no matter how you look at it! in financial trouble because of bad mortgages, realtors, appraisers... what about personal accountability? unfortunately, not everyone is entitled to owning a home. moreover far too many people, or sheeple as i call them, living WAYYYYYY beyond their means... it is that thought process, or lack thereof, that caused a most of this mess!

this generation in power today (politically, financially and socially) are without ANY doubt the dumbest and most dangerous this country has EVER seen. these FOOLS and SCUM have sold out this country in a pathetic attempt to line their GREEDY pockets. by TAKING all they can for themselves they have seriously devalued the dollar, housing market, economy, etc. that extra dollar they unethically earned is now worth less than their "2 cents" they started "investing" with... not only are they FOOLS and SCUM but some of the biggest JACKA$$ES on this planet.

you're concerned with the innocent? well so am i HOWEVER, where are these innocent employees and/or people voicing their concerns and/or why are they not questioning, screaming about and/or holding accountable their FOOLISH leaders (ceo's, cfo's, board members, politicians, investors, etc.) who make certain those in their little boys (and girls) elite clubs are WELL taken care of. can you tell me why that scum from merrill lynch actually got AND was allowed to keep a ridiculous bonus for being on the job for (3) weeks @ a failing company that was bought out... (he) being "on the job" for less than 1 month? 3 weeks of failure, or just showing up for work = a $25 million bonus on top of his salary and/or signing bonus? there's the problem!!! there is NO economy, anywhere on this planet, that could sustain such SELECTIVE GREEDY INDULGENCE OF AN ENTITLED FEW.

if something is not done RIGHT and real soon, this will just continue to spiral down... as blue collar comedian ron white says it... all the way to the crash sight. wake up people or the games gonna be over before you get a chance to play in it. the gap between those who have and those who have not, is getting bigger and bigger and bigger by the second... stop crying about it... do something and/or stand up and be heard!
I agree with you on the CEO issue of working for 3 weeks and get a huge payment ....ridiculous and the people who came up with this contract should never be in charge of the same job as they have failed so badly!

On the other hand I see and have experienced people who scam others on a different level and claim to be good people. I just ahd it done to myself a little over a week ago....My tenant didn't pay rent when he told me to pick it up, just to find out he had vanished...(not a bad neighbor hood or low income housing)...He did save me the trouble of have him evicted since he left in a hurry and even left some crap washer/dryer and other stuff that I offered for free to be picked up on Craigslist so some othe rpeople might enjoy free stuff although it is old...I went to court to seek my missed last month and damages...I have his sec. deposit which was non refundable since he signed a lease purchase....in a way this is also scamming and deceiving since he hasn't paid numerous people...I still get his mail and can see who is sending the mail and many letters are from agencies who want money!

It isn't a large amount and I won't suffer that much but it is just the idea how people act these days...than on top of that the numerous phone calls from section 8 vouchers who want to rent (I don't do section 8, since it is a resort style community) probable because the have money that they didn't reported or want to share the house with many people and just want to live above what the norm is for section 8....so IMO the government should take a better look at section 8 as well.

Madoff should have been behind bars from the minute they discovered what was going on, but IMO society is changing and not for the better.

People are excepting when other don't pay or walk away and even encouraging it since we all can hear the advise given on tv..."how to avoid collecting agencies, how to do a short sale, how to refi even if you can afford the mortgage, how to lower your credit card debt and not pay everything"...when is enough, enough and when will people be held responsible for what they spend?

Old 01-09-2009, 01:04 PM

93 posts, read 236,572 times
hey bentle,

one of my dad's friends was just about ruined, by renting to section 8's. at 1st it seemed great, because he was no longer dealing with "don't have the rent yet and/or this month either". HOWEVER, when he brought the section 8's in, it wasn't long before they started "stacking" and basically TOTALED and/or trashed, his (3) multi families. once they "trashed" the buildings (and yards) the authorities were called, he was seriously fined (by the town) and the welfare/gov stopped paying him because the buildings were then deemed to be in "substandard living condition".

it took almost a year to get them out, they continued to live there RENT FREE during that time and my dad's 14ft box van was filled from floor to ceiling 10x's to get rid of just the garbage, left behind in the apartments. be careful, renting (as you well know) can be a "costly" investment and something you have to really keep up on, no matter where you live. hope all is well. have a good one.

Old 01-09-2009, 03:55 PM

94 posts, read 303,073 times
Interesting
Attached Thumbnails
Madoff Allegations Hit Palm Beach Country Club Hard-image001.jpg  

Old 01-09-2009, 04:12 PM

26,661 posts, read 40,616,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruno_rs View Post
hey bentle,

one of my dad's friends was just about ruined, by renting to section 8's. at 1st it seemed great, because he was no longer dealing with "don't have the rent yet and/or this month either". HOWEVER, when he brought the section 8's in, it wasn't long before they started "stacking" and basically TOTALED and/or trashed, his (3) multi families. once they "trashed" the buildings (and yards) the authorities were called, he was seriously fined (by the town) and the welfare/gov stopped paying him because the buildings were then deemed to be in "substandard living condition".

it took almost a year to get them out, they continued to live there RENT FREE during that time and my dad's 14ft box van was filled from floor to ceiling 10x's to get rid of just the garbage, left behind in the apartments. be careful, renting (as you well know) can be a "costly" investment and something you have to really keep up on, no matter where you live. hope all is well. have a good one.
I'm shocked and on the other hand not shocked....but disgusted with what people can get away with....!

I feel so sorry for the owner and i never would say.."well than he shouldn't have rented to section 8!"
Section 8 tenants who do something like this should be arrested and liable for the damages....and if they become homeless...I won't give a damn about it!

I heard today that my renters were in a homeless shelter which i don't believe. Why would some one vanish the day before they have to pay the rent and go to a homeless shelter when the lease was still valid and if I had to evict them, they would have been able to stay in the home for maybe another 2 weeks or longer....I guess just another lie of the family members...
One thing is sure...this society is becoming one of people who lie a lot....:crying
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics