U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-27-2008, 08:50 PM
 
2,541 posts, read 10,521,399 times
Reputation: 968

Advertisements

I thought he was irish
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-27-2008, 10:21 PM
 
18,324 posts, read 16,262,227 times
Reputation: 7081
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Your remarks make me think why black people always bring up the racist card.....mostly it is done by blacks, while Jews aren't addressing them self's or others as Jews in the first place...that is done by others.
Hi bentlebee,

What I find fascinating is we have a Jewish criminal who victimized other Jews and in short order what is being discussed are possible antisemites as if some goon squad is just waiting for an excuse. The US has been nothing but good to Jews for generation after generation. In the year we will see our first black president I think its time to drop these out dated vices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2008, 05:54 AM
 
26,661 posts, read 40,585,083 times
Reputation: 14758
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi bentlebee,

What I find fascinating is we have a Jewish criminal who victimized other Jews and in short order what is being discussed are possible antisemites as if some goon squad is just waiting for an excuse. The US has been nothing but good to Jews for generation after generation. In the year we will see our first black president I think its time to drop these out dated vices.
I agree with the statement that this man is a scumbag and one of the worst and yes, he is Jewish.

Does that mean that whenever a person does something good, bad of ugly, always the term Jewish has to be mentioned? IMO, "NO". Jewish is not a race!

Do we call others who do something good, bad or ugly, "Catholic"? "No", we don't. Do we call them anything else, "maybe"....why just say that he is white....but that isn't what is mentioned....

Do you get it? I guess not....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2008, 09:19 AM
 
18,324 posts, read 16,262,227 times
Reputation: 7081
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I agree with the statement that this man is a scumbag and one of the worst and yes, he is Jewish.

Does that mean that whenever a person does something good, bad of ugly, always the term Jewish has to be mentioned? IMO, "NO". Jewish is not a race!

Do we call others who do something good, bad or ugly, "Catholic"? "No", we don't. Do we call them anything else, "maybe"....why just say that he is white....but that isn't what is mentioned....

Do you get it? I guess not....
Hi bentlebee,

I do get it unfortunately many people do not. I also agree wholeheartedly that Jews are not a race, nor are they a monoculture. There are lots of different Jews.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2008, 11:50 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
2,884 posts, read 5,287,974 times
Reputation: 2737
On the whole, there is very little mainstream anti-semitism. At least that most people can see. Especially considering...

-The state of the economy. And the widening gulf between the rich and poor. How many Forbes 400 members are jewish? It's a sizable percentage. I forget the numbers but the top 40 are a certain percent jewish.

-Bernanke, Greenspan, etc.

And now Madoff.

What Bernanke, Greenspan have done to the economy is worst than what Madoff did. But the jewish groups never seem to pay attention to inflating our currency away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2008, 05:37 AM
 
26,661 posts, read 40,585,083 times
Reputation: 14758
Quote:
Originally Posted by John23 View Post
On the whole, there is very little mainstream anti-semitism. At least that most people can see. Especially considering...

-The state of the economy. And the widening gulf between the rich and poor. How many Forbes 400 members are jewish? It's a sizable percentage. I forget the numbers but the top 40 are a certain percent jewish.

-Bernanke, Greenspan, etc.

And now Madoff.

What Bernanke, Greenspan have done to the economy is worst than what Madoff did. But the jewish groups never seem to pay attention to inflating our currency away.

Buffett, Oprah, etc...aren't Jewish...and your post smells anti-semitic....Why should Jwish groups specially have said anything about Greenspan and Bernanke? Aren't these 2 people worked as people on the job and not practicing a religion?

If you don't like them or what the accomplished than just mention it without mentioning their religion which you obvious wouldn't do in the case of Oprah and Buffett....there you have the reason why your post isn't fair and balanced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2008, 06:24 AM
 
Location: Nebraska
4,178 posts, read 9,635,451 times
Reputation: 9592
I've known some folks of the Jewish faith, and every one I've k
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2008, 08:35 AM
 
Location: Nebraska
4,178 posts, read 9,635,451 times
Reputation: 9592
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGranny View Post
I've known some folks of the Jewish faith, and every one I've k
crap. disconnected.
Everyone I've known has been honest - even distressingly so, especially where it pertained to fiscal matters.

During the home loan deregulation debacle, I witnessed many blacks and hispanics taking advantage of their own racial divisions, telling their customers that they couldn't trust the 'white'-run banks, and that balloon mortgages, mortgages with 28% interest, and other devastatingly crucifying loans were "better" for them and the only ones they could get.

We won't have a legitimate discussion on fiscal responsibility until EVERYONE realizes that there are decent honest people in every race, color, and religious belief - and rotten, devious, lying thieves in every single one as well. Until we stop using race, color, religion, or socioeconomic background as either a qualifier or an excuse for thievery and other crimes, we simply cannot say that we are an honest and a just society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2008, 09:35 AM
 
26,661 posts, read 40,585,083 times
Reputation: 14758
"Every other hated group is hated for a relatively defined reason. We Jews, however, are hated in paradoxes: Jews are hated for being a lazy and inferior race - but also for dominating the economy and taking over the world. We are hated for stubbornly maintaining our separateness - and, when we do assimilate - for posing a threat to racial purity through intermarriages. We are seen as pacifists and as warmongers; as capitalist exploiters and as revolutionary communists; possessed of a Chosen-People mentality, as well as of an inferiority complex. It seems that we just can't win."

by: Rabbi Kalman Packouz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2008, 10:57 AM
 
18,324 posts, read 16,262,227 times
Reputation: 7081
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
"Every other hated group is hated for a relatively defined reason. We Jews, however, are hated in paradoxes: Jews are hated for being a lazy and inferior race - but also for dominating the economy and taking over the world. We are hated for stubbornly maintaining our separateness - and, when we do assimilate - for posing a threat to racial purity through intermarriages. We are seen as pacifists and as warmongers; as capitalist exploiters and as revolutionary communists; possessed of a Chosen-People mentality, as well as of an inferiority complex. It seems that we just can't win."

by: Rabbi Kalman Packouz
Bentlebee,

It is for the same reason as discussed. Jews are defined as a race, culture and religion depending on who you ask. So Jews tend to be seen in several areas where they have rivals. A loosely defined group will receive loosely defined criticisms.
Jews have also done well in the professional classes and are thus considered not the "working class" which from time to time are accused of not working "hard" while yet having decision making power. . I can attest in general the culture promotes education and the effort that goes along with it. Now why can I have a sensible approach instead of that whining "oh woe is me" attitude you posted?

Lastly I will completely obliterate the myth that non-Jews find Jewish assimilation a problem. It is Jews that resent and resist assimilation. Most of the wrath is reserved for the assimilating Jew. It is usually a conflict between the various Jewish groups. The few exceptions just happens to be famous. The German Aryan myth Hitler used to exploit himself to power, curiously not a bit Aryan himself, was an exception to the rule..

The Jewish resistance to assimilation is an ancient one. Thus the issue for the most part is the other way around.

Nehemiah 13
25 So I contended with them and cursed them, struck some of them and pulled out their hair, and made them swear by God, saying, “You shall not give your daughters as wives to their sons, nor take their daughters for your sons or yourselves. 26 Did not Solomon king of Israel sin by these things? Yet among many nations there was no king like him, who was beloved of his God; and God made him king over all Israel. Nevertheless pagan women caused even him to sin. 27 Should we then hear of your doing all this great evil, transgressing against our God by marrying pagan women?”
The only ones in this country that complain about Jewish assimilation are Jews. How many examples would you like?
Assimilation: will it spell the end of the Jews? 4/11/01 - Religious leaders are appalled that Jewish communities continue to shrink. Could the watering down of Judaism threaten their very survival? In the second of a three-part series, Graham Turner talks to Jews in Britain and the United States about their fears - and to others, Orthodox and converts among them, who are determined to defy the tide 'AMERICA is finishing Hitler's work," declared James Adelman, a Jewish lawyer who lives near Chicago. Like a good many other Jews, he is deeply worried by the steep decline and dilution of the Jewish community in the United States because so many young Jews are "marrying out".



Orthodox future? The British Jewish community has fallen to 260,000 "The trouble," he said, "is that America is such an open, tolerant society. You can fight an enemy who persecutes you, but how can you fight a friend who offers you a drink? In the last three years, I haven't been to a single wedding where both partners were Jewish. I think the Jewish culture in America will simply disappear."
"They're killing us with kindness in this country," agreed Betty Nan Obermayer, wife of a former newspaper owner, who lives in Virginia. "Assimilation is inevitable and, as that goes on happening, we'll lose our historical identity. In its present form, Judaism in America is doomed."



If one is not aware of the concept of "killing with kindness" in the US then they have not studied the issue. I have. Now, I ask , if being kind makes others comparable to Hitler who is it that cannot win?

This should also bring someone to the next question. Who is it that might like a little antisemitism? The answer is Jews who would prevent assimilation. That is why at times antisemites turn out to be Jewish like Frank Collins and Zhirinovsky.

Last edited by gwynedd1; 12-29-2008 at 11:22 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top