U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 09:42 AM

18,329 posts, read 16,289,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Chutzpah View Post
Are you Jewish, just curious?
Hi NJ Chutzpah,

Yes and no. I would be know as a Christian which is essentially a sect of Judaism.

Acts 24
5 For we have found this man a plague, a creator of dissension among all the Jews throughout the world, and a ringleader of the sect of the Nazarenes.

I consider what is known as a "Jew" today to be the sect of Pharisees. The Essene and Sadducee are essentially extinct. So called Jews today are composed mostly of converts and mixed in with other races. Christians who started as Jew also did the same.

Gentiles were part of the plan all along.

Amos 9
“ On that day I will raise up
The tabernacle[c] of David, which has fallen down,
And repair its damages;
I will raise up its ruins,
And rebuild it as in the days of old;
12 That they may possess the remnant of Edom,[d]
And all the Gentiles who are called by My name,”
Says the LORD who does this thing.
13 “ Behold, the days are coming,” says the LORD,
Quote:

Zab Judah practices Judaism (a well-known pro-boxer)

But he is black, so not a jew in the racial sense of the term
There is no racial aspect of the term. It a myth.

Quote:
He adopted the religion of the ancient israelites called Judaism
Me too. The sect started by Christ.

Quote:
there are jews in many different countries because they scattered themselves around for a long long time, but they kept their culture alive, and had sex
Same here. It does not make it a race by any modern definition.

Quote:
Sometimes with only their own kind and sometimes outside, but they kept their culture intact, and reproduced, and lived together

And that is what makes them a race
Nothing but a myth plain and simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2009, 10:04 AM

22,951 posts, read 23,360,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi NJ Chutzpah,

Yes and no. I would be know as a Christian which is essentially a sect of Judaism.

Acts 24
5 For we have found this man a plague, a creator of dissension among all the Jews throughout the world, and a ringleader of the sect of the Nazarenes.

I consider what is known as a "Jew" today to be the sect of Pharisees. The Essene and Sadducee are essentially extinct. So called Jews today are composed mostly of converts and mixed in with other races. Christians who started as Jew also did the same.

Gentiles were part of the plan all along.

Amos 9
“ On that day I will raise up
The tabernacle[c] of David, which has fallen down,
And repair its damages;
I will raise up its ruins,
And rebuild it as in the days of old;
12 That they may possess the remnant of Edom,[d]
And all the Gentiles who are called by My name,”
Says the LORD who does this thing.
13 “ Behold, the days are coming,” says the LORD,
There is no racial aspect of the term. It a myth.

Me too. The sect started by Christ.

Same here. It does not make it a race by any modern definition.

Nothing but a myth plain and simple.
In your opinion.

Old 01-17-2009, 10:26 AM

18,329 posts, read 16,289,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
In your opinion.

Hello jimj,

No sir. In your opinion. In this thread as is typical of most of them I tend to present evidence such as quotes and provide sources. For example not even Jews can tell who a Jew is by looking at them.

The table below shows the Jews as triangles genetically. As we can see Syrians and Palestinians are more "racially Jewish" than is the Ashkenazi who as we see again is essentially a Turk. Hence the term Ashkenaz who was a grandson of Japheth(though Gomer), not Shem(Genesis 10). So eh are Palestinians Jews?

http://www.pnas.org/content/97/12/6769/F2.large.jpg

Old 01-17-2009, 08:24 PM

2,394 posts, read 3,516,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
And what are those?

I think Jews being white is partly why they are hated so much in the middle east.
That is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.
As for the Madoff case, a part of me sympathizes with the people who were scammed by him and a part of me doesn't. To a large degree, these are(or in some cases "were") wealthy people we are talking about and they should've known better. One of the guys who got scammed had the gonads to suggest that the gov't should be providing assistance(money) to the people who got scammed by Madoff.

Last edited by TylerJAX; 01-17-2009 at 08:48 PM..

Old 01-17-2009, 09:32 PM

2,193 posts, read 4,615,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
And what are those?

I think Jews being white is partly why they are hated so much in the middle east.
Hmm, it couldn't possibly be because the ones there are not allowing access to water, food, medical aid, and bulldozing their homes.

I am torn about ppl who were scammed. On one hand I feel bad but on the other why did some of them have their money invested all in one place. Especially if they had millions?

Anyway, life is not fair sometimes, money comes and money goes. Everyone survives somehow.

Old 01-19-2009, 05:42 PM

268 posts, read 374,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
That is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.
As for the Madoff case, a part of me sympathizes with the people who were scammed by him and a part of me doesn't. To a large degree, these are(or in some cases "were") wealthy people we are talking about and they should've known better. One of the guys who got scammed had the gonads to suggest that the gov't should be providing assistance(money) to the people who got scammed by Madoff.
that is sad but if he had enough friends in the right places the government would give them our money

just sick what has happened to this country, it is sick this guy had the balls to say that, shows how diseased this country has become with the greed and the spoiledness of these rich pigs

Old 01-20-2009, 07:17 AM

26,661 posts, read 40,625,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostdestroyedlife View Post
that is sad but if he had enough friends in the right places the government would give them our money

just sick what has happened to this country, it is sick this guy had the balls to say that, shows how diseased this country has become with the greed and the spoiledness of these rich pigs
What about poor pigs who don't want to do anything else than receive a free hand out from the government....ever thought why they are poor?

Not every one didn't have a chance in life...look at Obama and Oprah who came from backgrounds with little hope and made it and you don't have to make it like them but there are many examples of people who made something of their life instead of relying on the governement, so why are the rich people different than the poor, and they still want the same bailout....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics