Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 09:43 AM

20,707 posts, read 19,349,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I think we share similar feelings about Greenspan and Bernanke, but I'm not sure I understand why THEIR religion is relevant. CNBC and the NYT didn't mention it, you did. Many of the men who's bidding they did, do not have Jewish names. In fact, this country has a long history of bankers and businessmen with non-jewish names screwing over the citizens for their own gain, yet you dont mention them. Was the Aldrich-Rockefeller-Morgan scam on Jekyll Island a Christian conspiracy against the people of the US? No. Just some evil men doing what evil men do. Same with Greenspan and Bernanke. Their religion is equally irrelevant. There is no reason to even bring it up. Is there?
Hi AnesthesiaMD,

If the religion allows it or encourages evil I would say its relevant. It is easy to see how one could interpret this in their own way. Is it OK to do Gods work and take the silver and gold and destroy all the nations on earth? This is all over the OT/Tenach. I am well aware of dangerous ways to interpret this.

Haggai 2
6 “For thus says the LORD of hosts: ‘Once more (it is a little while) I will shake heaven and earth, the sea and dry land; 7 and I will shake all nations, and they shall come to the Desire of All Nations,[b] and I will fill this temple with glory,’ says the LORD of hosts. 8 ‘The silver is Mine, and the gold is Mine,’ says the LORD of hosts. 9 ‘The glory of this latter temple shall be greater than the former,’ says the LORD of hosts. ‘And in this place I will give peace,’ says the LORD of hosts.”

‘ I will shake heaven and earth.
22 I will overthrow the throne of kingdoms;
I will destroy the strength of the Gentile kingdoms.

I will overthrow the chariots
And those who ride in them;
The horses and their riders shall come down,
Every one by the sword of his brother.
Christians have their interpretation but what about certain Jewish groups?
This threat is not reserved for Gentiles either. Many Zionist Christian think this is a future event. Is that dangerous? Is our friend Bentlebee on this board due for a cleansing?

Zechariah 13
That two-thirds in it shall be cut off and die,
But one-third shall be left in it:
9 I will bring the one-third through the fire,
Will refine them as silver is refined,
And test them as gold is tested.
They will call on My name,
And I will answer them.
I will say, ‘This is My people’;
And each one will say, ‘The LORD is my God.’”

(I can say the correct Christian interpretation should be this was 2000 years ago since Christ quoted passages above in this context not to mention judgment very near everywhere else)

Perhaps Madoff is the right kind of Jew in his own mind. We have plenty of apostate Christian groups and it never occurs to anyone their may be dangerous Jewish groups dangerous even to other Jews? Some of them now have just stolen billions. Any danger there? Why do we assume one's religion is some irrelevant and benign influence?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2008, 12:40 PM

18,458 posts, read 15,236,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi AnesthesiaMD,

If the religion allows it or encourages evil I would say its relevant. It is easy to see how one could interpret this in their own way. Is it OK to do Gods work and take the silver and gold and destroy all the nations on earth? This is all over the OT/Tenach. I am well aware of dangerous ways to interpret this....

This threat is not reserved for Gentiles either. Many Zionist Christian think this is a future event. Is that dangerous? Is our friend Bentlebee on this board due for a cleansing?...

...(I can say the correct Christian interpretation should be this was 2000 years ago since Christ quoted passages above in this context not to mention judgment very near everywhere else)

...Perhaps Madoff is the right kind of Jew in his own mind. We have plenty of apostate Christian groups and it never occurs to anyone their may be dangerous Jewish groups dangerous even to other Jews? Some of them now have just stolen billions. Any danger there? Why do we assume one's religion is some irrelevant and benign influence?
I suppose if I believed the aforementioned men were working under the tenets of those particular scriptures, religion would be relevant. I think this is a real stretch considering the targeted victims in the Madoff case. Not being a religious man, finding the scriptures would require more work than I am willing to put in, but there are scriptures specifically prohibiting stealing from other Jews let alone Jewish charities and mouthpieces such as Spielberg, et al. I would have a hard time believing Mr. Madoff even knows your quoted scriptures. Mr. Madoff was only trying to advance 1 cause. The wealth of the Madoff family.

As to our wonderful central bankers, both Christian and Jewish alike, I think they actually believe they are working for a higher cause. I dont think they believe they are doing the work of the lord but rather the work of America. This has been going on since it's inception. They believe their enormous rewards are justified in that they are contributing so much to our country. They falsely believe that what's good for American corporations is good for America. Ironic, considering they are depriving the American people of equity and liberty and slowly draining the quality of life of our people. But they have to rationalize this so their conscious doesn't eat away at them and they can sleep at night, so they convince themselves as well as the sheep of America that they are doing America's work.

I have no doubt there is truth to what you are saying. All religions have fringe groups working only to advance the needs of their own people at the expense of others. And Jews are no exception, but thats not what I believe is going on here.

Old 01-15-2009, 04:26 PM

30 posts, read 22,293 times
Default Keeping up Appearences

If Jews don't want to be stereotyped as money-grubbing, sneaky liars, they need to stop making it so easy by unconditionally supporting those among their community who do act like that. i.e:

Bernie Madoff, Marc Rich, Marc Stuart Drier, Samuel Israel, Richard Fuld, Andrew Fastow, Jack Abramoff, Michael Miliken, Robert and Isaac Toussie, Paul Wolfowitz, Richard Pearle, Douglas Feiffe, Josh Bolton, David Frum, Dov Zakheim, Irving Kristol, William Krystol, Norman Podhoretz, Scooter Libby, Samuel Eagleberger, Ari Fleisher, Joe Lieberman, Elliot Spitzer, Alan Greenspan, Henry Kissinger, Madeline Albright, Nancy Pelosi, Bernanke, Michael Chertoff, Michael Mukasey, Bradley Schlozman, Samuel Dickstein, Jonathan Pollard, Monica Lewinski, Chandra Levy, Mort Zuckerman, Frank Gaffney, Charles Krauthammer, Michael Eisner, Rupert Murdoch, Howard Stern, etc, after tiresome etc, after tiresome etc.

Old 01-15-2009, 04:48 PM

2,541 posts, read 11,332,493 times
^^^

Some of those are not jews

Do you have proof they are?

I know Murdoch is not

Old 01-15-2009, 04:53 PM

15,860 posts, read 21,427,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cythara View Post
If Jews don't want to be stereotyped as money-grubbing, sneaky liars, they need to stop making it so easy by unconditionally supporting those among their community who do act like that. i.e:

Bernie Madoff, Marc Rich, Marc Stuart Drier, Samuel Israel, Richard Fuld, Andrew Fastow, Jack Abramoff, Michael Miliken, Robert and Isaac Toussie, Paul Wolfowitz, Richard Pearle, Douglas Feiffe, Josh Bolton, David Frum, Dov Zakheim, Irving Kristol, William Krystol, Norman Podhoretz, Scooter Libby, Samuel Eagleberger, Ari Fleisher, Joe Lieberman, Elliot Spitzer, Alan Greenspan, Henry Kissinger, Madeline Albright, Nancy Pelosi, Bernanke, Michael Chertoff, Michael Mukasey, Bradley Schlozman, Samuel Dickstein, Jonathan Pollard, Monica Lewinski, Chandra Levy, Mort Zuckerman, Frank Gaffney, Charles Krauthammer, Michael Eisner, Rupert Murdoch, Howard Stern, etc, after tiresome etc, after tiresome etc.
I'm not going to go through all of these one by one, but lets start here. Rupert Murdoch is not Jewish- neither is Nancy Pelosi. Madeline Albright was born to Jewish parents who converted to Catholicism to escape persecution and had no idea she was Jewish until she was an adult.

How was Chandra Levy a "money-grubbing liar"? Or anything other than a victim? Sure, Levy was having an affair with a married man (Gary Condit- not a Jew!) - but she was 24 years old and possibly killed for it. Were her actions moral? No. But how can you blame anyone for condemning her murder?

People like Madoff and Abramoff are not "unconditionally supported" by the Jewish community. I go to Abramoff's alma mater which happens to be a Jewish institution and we tend to pretend he doesn't exist and he's a source of GREAT embarrassment- even though there's no reason why he should be. One person- or even 100- do not represent a whole people!

Old 01-15-2009, 05:01 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,506,556 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I agree with the statement that this man is a scumbag and one of the worst and yes, he is Jewish.

Does that mean that whenever a person does something good, bad of ugly, always the term Jewish has to be mentioned? IMO, "NO". Jewish is not a race!
My girlfriend (Jewish) would beg to differ and so would her grandfather and grandmother that fought in the soviet army in the great patriotic war (world war II) against the Nazis. They consider themselves a race not a religion. Also for the most part I would say that they has a whole are not very religious basically they do the big holidays. But are pretty active in the jewish community (newton, brookline, Ma.)
Look I don't know why Jews in general are pointed out by some folks as devils and the like, but it is out there.

Last edited by baystater; 01-15-2009 at 05:28 PM..

Old 01-15-2009, 05:26 PM

272 posts, read 407,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John23 View Post
On the whole, there is very little mainstream anti-semitism. At least that most people can see. Especially considering...

-The state of the economy. And the widening gulf between the rich and poor. How many Forbes 400 members are jewish? It's a sizable percentage. I forget the numbers but the top 40 are a certain percent jewish.

-Bernanke, Greenspan, etc.

And now Madoff.

What Bernanke, Greenspan have done to the economy is worst than what Madoff did. But the jewish groups never seem to pay attention to inflating our currency away.

what have bernake and greenspan done to the economy?

Old 01-15-2009, 05:26 PM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
[quote=baystater;7014471]
Quote:

My girlfriend (Jewish) would beg to differ and so would her grandfather and grandmother that fought in the soviet army in the great patriotic war (world war II) against the Nazis. They consider themselves a race not a religion.
The Jewish grandparents fought in the second world war.....

My Jewish granparents were murdered in Auswitz and never considered any of my Jewish family members them self Jewish as a race, neither does any of my Jewish friends.

We are white, and Jewish is considered a religion..if you practice it or not...if your mother is Jewish so will the kids be.

To the person who mentioned all the so called Jewish names, (a few aren't Jewish!) we can mention just as many people who were scumbags who have a different religion...scumbags are in all colors and religions...White, Black, Brown, Yellow, Red, etc...Catholic, Prostestant, Jewish, Muslim, Budism, mormon, etc...

I don't mind that the media mentioned that Madoff is Jewish because it is relevant in this case since he scammed so many Jewish people and charities.

But if you think Greenspan did a lousy job and I agree partly, since he also has done good things as well as bad things....why mention he is Jewish?

Old 01-15-2009, 05:53 PM

272 posts, read 407,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cythara View Post

why dont you go into detail about some of those things those people did

and why do you have Nancy Pelosi, I know on Stormfront you can get away with that but in reality she is Roman Catholic

Old 01-15-2009, 05:59 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,391,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Your remarks make me think why black people always bring up the racist card.....mostly it is done by blacks, while Jews aren't addressing them self's or others as Jews in the first place...that is done by others.
Excuse me? How about concentrating on your own people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics