Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 01:42 PM

13 posts, read 26,204 times

Advertisements

YouTube - ' Worst economic collapse ever'

In 2009 were going to see the worst economic collapse ever, the Greatest Depression, says Gerald Celente, U.S. trend forecaster. He believes its going to be very violent in the U.S., including there being a tax revolt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2009, 01:58 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
LOL

Fear-mongering by the media certainly isn't going to help turn things around any sooner!

"Tax revolt"? Get your tea ready again, Boston! Please.

People need to keep living their lives. Not much has changed for my wife and I, honestly. We put a little more in savings each paycheck but we're not behaving much differently. Acting/spending/saving as per normal, if possible, is what's going to turn things around faster than anything, IMO.

But, what do I know?

Old 02-12-2009, 02:41 PM

1,343 posts, read 3,336,962 times
My plan is to avoid paying taxes by not making any money.

Old 02-12-2009, 03:21 PM

4,280 posts, read 11,317,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XcapefromNJ View Post
My plan is to avoid paying taxes by not making any money.
This is SOP for many LLCs, and S Corps (myself included).

Key word: Expense...

Last edited by mullman; 02-12-2009 at 03:54 PM..

Old 02-12-2009, 03:30 PM

1,800 posts, read 5,718,759 times
This video clip seems awfully amateurish to me...hmmmm

Old 02-12-2009, 04:27 PM

22,331 posts, read 29,432,497 times
Im ready for the violence...(insert cocking of shotgun noise here please)

For real: Get over it and live your lives!!!!! This media is hyping everything up and putting people in a major panic. Yes, shet sucks right now but the world is not going to end!!!!!!!!! Buck up!!!!!

Old 02-12-2009, 06:33 PM

1,955 posts, read 5,267,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
This is SOP for many LLCs, and S Corps (myself included).

Key word: Expense...
Am desperately trying to find more of these for last year right now...

Old 02-12-2009, 07:00 PM

1,955 posts, read 5,267,243 times
I think he gets carried away a bit, but he's got a very good point about the hitherto unmentioned commercial real estate collapse that's rearing it's ugly head. That could prove very nasty indeed.

Old 02-12-2009, 07:43 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,244,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
LOL

Fear-mongering by the media certainly isn't going to help turn things around any sooner!

"Tax revolt"? Get your tea ready again, Boston! Please.

People need to keep living their lives. Not much has changed for my wife and I, honestly. We put a little more in savings each paycheck but we're not behaving much differently. Acting/spending/saving as per normal, if possible, is what's going to turn things around faster than anything, IMO.

But, what do I know?

It is almost comical how nieve the American public is. Very soon the whole banking industry is going to collapse and everyone's savings are going to be history just like it did in the 1920's. There is no turn around in the future, period. For one thing, inflation is going to rise so bad this year that the dollar will become worthless.

Old 02-12-2009, 07:47 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,259,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneOne View Post
I think he gets carried away a bit, but he's got a very good point about the hitherto unmentioned commercial real estate collapse that's rearing it's ugly head. That could prove very nasty indeed.
Where I lived in California the problem he mentioned has been visible for some time. The small stores leave and a year later they are still empty. There is hardly anyone left in the strip mall and unless there is a very busy grocery store no reason to go there. Larger spaces in malls are empty and have been for awhile. One of the big department stores closed in the Galleria and has been empty for years.

I don't think anyone should take a deep breath of relief until the commercial real estate and the adjustable rate morgages burst and the dust has settled. And when you get enough people without jobs and a portion without homes, people will not necessarily behave like good citizens. And those who have jobs and an income are not going to go and spend unless its absolutely necessary. Its going to take a lot to convince people to go out and be active consumers again and the jobless rate must reverse before that time will come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics