Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2009, 11:14 AM

13 posts, read 41,249 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I am looking at buying an aged shelf company or shell company in Wyoming. I am considering the aged shelf part, as I need a 2-year-old company to do government contracting, just wondering if anyone has done it or knows of someone who had done it and had success or problems? I would also be interested in if this is legal and if it is actually a sound business move.
The main reason of course is to protect myself from high taxes where I live. For that the "aged shelf" aspect is not as critical.
I figure the cost of a shell company to be $500 a year, $1000 the first year, and I am pretty sure tax savings will exceed that.
I am interested in the aged shelf aspect for gov't contracting. I have my own company that will be 2 years old soon so that part is not as critical, but if I could get the shell company on a GSA schedule to begin with that would be more convenient. That is probably another $500 the first year.
I would like to hear about experiences in any state (Delaware, Nevada, etc) or even overseas for the shell company (not aged shelf) aspect.

PLEASE don't tell me to go ask a lawyer or accountant! I know that much, but of course that costs money and I am hoping to get input for free to help with deciding if I want to get the lawyer/accountant.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2010, 09:30 AM

1,095 posts, read 3,998,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by needmoreinfo View Post
Hello,
I am looking at buying an aged shelf company or shell company in Wyoming. I am considering the aged shelf part, as I need a 2-year-old company to do government contracting, just wondering if anyone has done it or knows of someone who had done it and had success or problems? I would also be interested in if this is legal and if it is actually a sound business move.
The main reason of course is to protect myself from high taxes where I live. For that the "aged shelf" aspect is not as critical.
I figure the cost of a shell company to be $500 a year, $1000 the first year, and I am pretty sure tax savings will exceed that.
I am interested in the aged shelf aspect for gov't contracting. I have my own company that will be 2 years old soon so that part is not as critical, but if I could get the shell company on a GSA schedule to begin with that would be more convenient. That is probably another $500 the first year.
I would like to hear about experiences in any state (Delaware, Nevada, etc) or even overseas for the shell company (not aged shelf) aspect.

PLEASE don't tell me to go ask a lawyer or accountant! I know that much, but of course that costs money and I am hoping to get input for free to help with deciding if I want to get the lawyer/accountant.

Thanks!
You're talking about saving thousands on taxes and you're too cheap to check with a lawyer first? And you're willing to rely on anonymous advice from a message board?

You can't save taxes by incorporating in another state because your tax liability is determined by where you live. Claiming to have been in business for years, when you just bought a company that you know hasn't done anything in quite some time, is most likely fraud and would certainly get you disbarred from working for the government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics