Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 10:56 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joee View Post
What are the firms names that have taken on this class action against american escrow llc out of chicago, what steps has the AG illinois taken as of yet.
AG of Illinois has NOT taken any steps! They told me they would be more than happy to contact the business but they will NOT arbitrate for anyone involved! Thanks for nothing! Contacting the business is useless--they have shut their doors and phone #'s are disconnected.

Old 04-07-2009, 12:14 AM

1,076 posts, read 3,553,130 times
Typical illinois crap, kinda like the BBB just a waste of time seems, gotta go thru the steps before a class action is taken though.

I'm thinking all those affected are just going to be SOL which is total crap, there has to be some regulation out there on this type business activity (escrow), even if it is an LLC.

Derek Lurie certainly is the rotten apple in the bunch, must be nice to be able to draft peoples money out of their banks then just go oop's it's all gone folks guess it's time we close up shop don't have a clue were all your money is, ya got assets Derek and i got dibs on 1700 bucks worth you low life piece o ****.

Old 04-07-2009, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joee View Post
Typical illinois crap, kinda like the BBB just a waste of time seems, gotta go thru the steps before a class action is taken though.

I'm thinking all those affected are just going to be SOL which is total crap, there has to be some regulation out there on this type business activity (escrow), even if it is an LLC.

Derek Lurie certainly is the rotten apple in the bunch, must be nice to be able to draft peoples money out of their banks then just go oop's it's all gone folks guess it's time we close up shop don't have a clue were all your money is, ya got assets Derek and i got dibs on 1700 bucks worth you low life piece o ****.
Were you affected too? I'm out over $2200. Moderator cut: no names, please

I contacted the BBB--they aren't doing anything either! The PA state attorney general's office was more helpful than the BBB or the Illinois state attorney general.

What do yo mean by "even if it is an LLC"....what does that mean?

Last edited by Marka; 12-07-2011 at 11:01 PM..

Old 04-08-2009, 04:35 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
TXGirl - When you now make payments, is your tax / insurance payments going to someone else ? Your not still contributing to the bad account are you ?

Have you called your lender and asked them what they are going to do ?

Old 04-08-2009, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
TXGirl - When you now make payments, is your tax / insurance payments going to someone else ? Your not still contributing to the bad account are you ?

Have you called your lender and asked them what they are going to do ?
No!! I closed my checking account immediately so they could no longer auto-draft my account! That was a HUGE headache--closing the account, setting up new direct deposits with my employer, setting up auto drafts again for my creditors.

I now pay my taxes and insurance directly to the correct agencies. The letter I received yesterday stated that I may be able to claim this loss against my homeowners insurance. I'm going to call them today.

I called my lender and they told me they have no ties with American Escrow! Of course they do!

Old 04-08-2009, 05:24 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
No!! I closed my checking account immediately so they could no longer auto-draft my account! That was a HUGE headache--closing the account, setting up new direct deposits with my employer, setting up auto drafts again for my creditors.
One of the reasons I never let anyone have access to my accounts. With on line banking it's just not needed anymore since you can set up monthly transfers to their account. The monthly transfer can then be stopped quickly.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
One of the reasons I never let anyone have access to my accounts. With on line banking it's just not needed anymore since you can set up monthly transfers to their account. The monthly transfer can then be stopped quickly.
I need to look at the accounts that I have auto drafting with and reassess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics