Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2009, 02:56 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,829,971 times

Advertisements

Chrysler Bankruptcy to Give It ’New Lease on Life’ With Fiat - Bloomberg.com

The filing made today may prove a template for rival General Motors Corp. GM was given a June 1 deadline by the government to cut costs and debt to qualify for its share of added bailout aid. To become a viable carmaker, GM plans to keep only its most profitable brands, such as Chevrolet and Cadillac.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 05:00 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,856,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Chrysler Bankruptcy to Give It ’New Lease on Life’ With Fiat - Bloomberg.com

The filing made today may prove a template for rival General Motors Corp. GM was given a June 1 deadline by the government to cut costs and debt to qualify for its share of added bailout aid. To become a viable carmaker, GM plans to keep only its most profitable brands, such as Chevrolet and Cadillac.
What is the likelihood that Chrysler comes back and becomes profitable? Many economists say this corporation is finished. If Daimler couldn't make Chrysler profitable how will Fiat?

Old 04-30-2009, 06:13 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,833,505 times
That's waht i was thinking;fiat could sell their car here and had to pullout about 5 years ago. It is a good deal for them but funny that its a foreign car maker getting taxpayers money to try to pull chrysler out.Where is teh union rage against foreign makers taking over now from the unions?Shows what that outrage really was;IMO.

Old 04-30-2009, 07:59 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,003,525 times
What y'all are missing and should be REAL ticked about is all the $$$ the government gave them is now POOOOOF gone! Why is no one screaming about this?

Old 04-30-2009, 08:16 PM

542 posts, read 1,449,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
That's waht i was thinking;fiat could sell their car here and had to pullout about 5 years ago. It is a good deal for them but funny that its a foreign car maker getting taxpayers money to try to pull chrysler out.Where is teh union rage against foreign makers taking over now from the unions?Shows what that outrage really was;IMO.
what do you mean? the unions have there back against a wall. what do you think they should do? i'm sure they'd love an american company help chrysler, but that's not happening.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:12 PM

2,638 posts, read 6,019,323 times
I'm in a unique position...I'm glad Chrysler went bankrupt, and I hope GM does too.

Why?

They're arrogant, and they deserve it. "If we go down, so does this town", refusal to make cars more efficient and less expensive - I've never seen such arrogance from fat cats in my life.

I know some of you think we need the big ones...but in my mind there's definitely some young entrepreneurs out there who are hungry. I'd rather get some fresh blood going who understand that we need to change our ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics