Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 05:20 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times

Advertisements

There is a link in the politics forum on this. One poster posted an article where they think its being supressed from the media because it could undermine confidence in the US currency and destabalize the economy.

The article also said something like this was planned in WWII with the Germans counterfeiting the British pound and circulating it in order to destabalize the economy. The plan was never implemented though.

Could be some truth to that. Our economy is hanging by a thread..dependent on the weekly auctions (with Fed backstop of course). If big money shies away from Treasuries who is left to buy but the Fed. If it were to get out that counterfeit US Treasuries were circulating it could cause havoc in the bond markets and who knows what else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2009, 06:38 PM

24,388 posts, read 23,044,056 times
No government would buy these bonds without being 100% positive they were legitimate so it's remote at best they were counterfeit. I have no doubt countries can counterfeit US currency, but this would be ridiculous. Scenarios point to a secret exchange for nuclear weapons or material( China, North Korea involvement), undeclared issuance of bonds which would mean that we're even deeper in debt than believed or that countries are secretly dumping US treasuries to avoid undermining faith in the US dollar and economy. The sudden big push to give the FED more power makes me even more nervous.

Old 06-18-2009, 09:42 PM

2,051 posts, read 9,334,937 times
Default Own Conclusions ...

:: scans both above postings.... hmmm ::

let's say we put the two above posts together...
and add a little mix of background...

what do we get now...

background...

Japanese kidnappings by N.Korea - 2000
Eyes on Japan | "Kidnapped" & "Of separations & kidnappings" by Bill Stonehill

The Fed Is Terrified - 2008
Mish's Global Economic Trend Analysis: The Fed Is Terrified

Let's Not Write The Fed a Blank Check -- Seeking Alpha

then let's add something from Jan of this year...

Is the Fed Planning to Peg Long-Term Interest Rates? -- Seeking Alpha

and maybe a more recent article...

Fed Said to Retreat From Seeking Debt-Issuing Power (Update1) - Bloomberg.com

now we must remember the backtracking of Russia
and the IMF regarding reserve currency

let's not forget what was stated out of China regarding
this same issue around the same time...

I left links showing the ties between certain countries
in the North Korea earth google thread... centering on the
PHD. student who unknowingly gathered state secrets of
N.Korea...

Outside of Bloomberg, we have media silence in the USA...
is it making any sense to you now why that is...

(extremely tired but hopefully the links will provide
a good background read if nothing else)

MMC

`

Old 06-18-2009, 10:01 PM

MMC..add to that the current Obama plan to give the Fed more power.
More power means they don't have to ask Congress or anyone else if they want to enact something, shut something down or strongly suggest mergers.

The big thing there is not having to ask Congress..that would give them the ability and power to act in the shadows away from the eyes of Congress and MSM.

Me thinks that a financial war has been declared against the US and it's debt and currency by the big creditor nations probably.

Then again..this could all be tin foil material but seeing what's happened over the past 1.5 years nothing would surprise me anymore.

Old 06-18-2009, 11:15 PM

2,051 posts, read 9,334,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
MMC..add to that the current Obama plan to give the
Fed more power.
More power means they don't have to ask Congress
or anyone else if they want to enact something,
shut something down or strongly suggest mergers.

The big thing there is not having to ask Congress..that
would give them the ability and power to act in the
shadows away from the eyes of Congress and MSM.

Me thinks that a financial war has been declared
against the US and it's debt and currency by the
big creditor nations probably.

Then again..this could all be tin foil material but seeing
what's happened over the past 1.5 years nothing would
surprise me anymore.
:: nods slowly :: ... can keep a running tally...
how you would invest if everything is as expected
vs
how you would invest if there's an economic war
going on behind the scenes...

either makes for good observation... keep one on
their toes looking at trends...
what institutions would need to be in place to
facilitate a smooth running one world economy...
Thanks for the points you brought up HT.

MMC

`

Old 06-19-2009, 04:02 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,908,341 times
Mish's Global Economic Trend Analysis: Obama's Blueprint for Reform Concentrates Still More Power in Hands of the Fed

in the article it says this:
"Speed is important," Obama said yesterday in an interview aired by CNBC. "We want to do it right".

if you want to do something right, you don't do it quickly. you do it thoughtfully and after a lot of investigation. what we have here is a federal reserve in an unprecedented power grab, aided by our current president, as well as our last president.

we were told that we had to bail the banks or world collapse was imminent, and then we were told that we had to bail out GM and chrysler, or american collapse was imminent. when the bank bailout failed on the first vote (WHICH IT SHOULD HAVE) our congress rallied to put up the 2nd vote to get it done. in the meantime, the world did not collapse but the insolvent government connected banks were looking to take a huge hit and that was not going to happen.
on the GM bailout you can see what happened. GM failed, as it was going to do anyway, and taxpayers LOST A LOT OF MONEY, although the economy did not collapse and obama tells us now that a bankruptcy will work out well for everyone. of course this time it is a government structured bankruptcy. DUH!!

Last edited by floridasandy; 06-19-2009 at 04:11 AM..

Old 06-19-2009, 07:16 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
I wonder if this has something to do with an international settlement amongst the various world wide clandestine intelligence services that became self financing (the CIA anyway) during the Iran-Contra scam. On a government lever 135 billion is not all that much but it is enough to fund a clandestine spy network for quite a while.

BTW – I have trouble believing that anybody was dumb enough to put ALL those eggs in one basket. That was a very stupid bit of planning.

Old 06-19-2009, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post

BTW – I have trouble believing that anybody was dumb enough to put ALL those eggs in one basket. That was a very stupid bit of planning.
But GregW...maybe they didn't. If this is counterfeiting there could be more out there.

Old 06-19-2009, 09:05 AM

4,428 posts, read 6,506,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
There is a link in the politics forum on this. One poster posted an article where they think its being supressed from the media because it could undermine confidence in the US currency and destabalize the economy.

The article also said something like this was planned in WWII with the Germans counterfeiting the British pound and circulating it in order to destabalize the economy. The plan was never implemented though.

Could be some truth to that. Our economy is hanging by a thread..dependent on the weekly auctions (with Fed backstop of course). If big money shies away from Treasuries who is left to buy but the Fed. If it were to get out that counterfeit US Treasuries were circulating it could cause havoc in the bond markets and who knows what else.

Yeah that's why they're hiding this story. Whether these Treasuries were real or not it would more than likely panic the sheep of the market. Granted I doubt any long-term damage would have been done.......but......it would have made and interesting day or two for the market.

Btw. I going to stick with bloomberg in getting my news first. Fook the rest. And most of all fook glen beck, that third rate hackjob.

Old 06-19-2009, 09:41 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,908,341 times
i certainly would not stick with bloomberg for getting all my news. they are an interesting news source, but keep in mind that michael bloomberg is a wall street insider who supported the bank bailout. i certainly would not put all my trust in anyone who supported the bank bailout at the expense of american taxpayers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics