Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2009, 01:10 PM

113 posts, read 682,190 times

Advertisements

1.)
I recently moved and forgot about a utility bill for electric. Apparently they were sending letters to my old address. Found out about it because they sent it to collections and saw it on my credit report.

I contacted them in writing with my new address and got a statement showing what I owe. Paid and took care of it. However, the collection agency refuses to remove it from my report.

Does it matter that they were sending the bills to the old/wrong address?
Additionally I had asked them if they would settle the debt for a few $$ off. They declined ( of course) citing that they cannot because it was a utility company.

What, if any, are my recourses here to get this off my report? It is marked as paid, but still a negative.

2.) For some reason, my personal credit card with Capital One doesnt appear on my report. Any idea why? No details, nothing. It use to be on there.

thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2016, 05:09 PM

106,648 posts, read 108,790,719 times
The reporting agency does not remove anything you might have paid. That is up to who ever you paid and had the issue with to do . They have to have it removed. But that does not mean they will.

There are 3 main reporting agency's and not all lenders report to all of them.

We found a fraudulant charge on only one of the 3. The rest did not have that lender as part of their group
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics