Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 11:13 AM

5,475 posts, read 12,240,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyVT View Post
Regardless of DNA or biological connection, those children were brought into the world by Michael Jackson, thus making them his children. All adopted children, children conceived via egg and sperm donors are legally just as much the parents children as children conceived naturally. If the children are indeed a product of both egg and sperm donor, I would say that he was trying to create the "perfect" child, the one he felt he never was. He probably tried to combine the attributes that he always felt were beautiful in a person. If this is the case, it just reinforces the reality and the sadness of his delicate mental health. Before he went through all of his plastic surgery, he was a very handsome man, but he was not able to see himself this way. Actually, if Michael had used his own sperm, the children would have been very attractive and talented...they would have looked like the original Michael....the one he was trying to destroy. It is just all so very sad. And, regardless of the biological connection, those children have been raised in the Jackson family. To think nobody in the family would want to raise them is a very sad statement....because they are the only family the children have known. They don't deserve to be displaced from their reality because they aren't "authentic" material.
I agree with several points of your post. I also agree that MJ was very handsome before he started the plastic surgery and skin treatments. I found him very handsome during the Thriller years and had a huge crush on him. Had he used his on sperm those children would have still been beautiful, but MJ had so many issues with self image. So sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 11:24 AM

2,540 posts, read 3,732,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
You know what I wonder, why MJ didn't just "adopt" his kids... why in-vitro with SOMEONE else's sperm and SOMEONE's else eggs... why?
My guess would be because IVF provides a measure of control of the children's physical traits and their characteristics by careful selection of sperm and egg donors. With adoption, what you see is what you get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics