Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 03:16 PM

3,007 posts, read 6,287,688 times

Advertisements

Trump is an ignorant buffoon who knows little about the economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2009, 04:53 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,749,371 times
Oil prices are up because of Bernanke, Paulson, Geithner and the other useless garbage that control the monetary policy. Inflate the currency and prices increase. Trump is a person who made money through connections and two huge real estate bubbles. He knows nothing about producing goods and creating wealth, only luring wealth to overpriced property money pits. As for oil barges sitting around that would be due to reduced demand and speculation. If the Fed can be abolished and the monetary system reformed, buffoons like Trup will be replaced with entrepreneurs who will produce value as 21'st century goods. Real estate is not a producer of real wealth unless it is a farm, mine, factory or other property developed from empty space.

Old 06-30-2009, 05:09 PM

5,477 posts, read 6,305,303 times
There isn't enough money in the entire US economy to get me to listen to Donald Trump. He's a byproduct of our consumption based economy, and is the worst possible person to be out there spreading economic "wisdom". Besides, anyone who participates in those idiotic reality shows like his loses all credibility in my book. The best thing we could all do is just ignore him, and hopefully he'll just go away. I can only hope!

Old 06-30-2009, 06:03 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Ut just shows how little trump knows about oil and refining how days. Barges out at sea?He needs to remember that the oil companies do not have the massive stroage they did when oil was puimod from nearby fields. Iy wouldn't make sense since they get it from mostly far away palces and pay tax on it when in storage waiting to be processed.He forget that refining oil was not profitable itself between the 70's and 2003 which is why they changed hands so often and many big names soldout.The big names like Texaco and gulf always made their money from the oil they discovered;thus black gold.it slike the capped well always talked about;most can only be prfitable at 100+ oil has many produce a wopping 15 barrels per day. It takes more than that to operate them.

Old 07-01-2009, 07:27 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,665,452 times
I see not too many like Trump. Well, he did something right in his business life. I'm sure he has more funds in his pockets then all of us put together...

I think since we gave the banks millions to lend to pump up the economy, they should be lending it.
Certainly to the most credit worthy people, of course.

The point on the tankers is this. 40 years ago people sat in long lines for gas. "Shortage" they exclaimed......" There isn't enough to go around....We must pay more!" Meanwhile, the whispers were of barges at sea. Who was fooling who?

So, are we now paying $72 dollars a barrel because tankers are "holding back the supply"

I think he is right......We need to be more independent and vacate our big time use of OPEC's oil...ASAP.

Old 07-01-2009, 07:34 AM

13,811 posts, read 27,450,705 times

That's pretty crazy we give banks our money and they rent ships to store crude to sell it back to us at a higher price.

Old 07-01-2009, 08:59 AM

Great article.......and so the tales are true........We'll be paying $3/$4 dollars a gallon while all that oil sits and waits out there for a better and better price. We do look quite like fools.......

Old 07-01-2009, 09:17 AM

1,193 posts, read 3,993,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Great article.......and so the tales are true........We'll be paying $3/$4 dollars a gallon while all that oil sits and waits out there for a better and better price. We do look quite like fools.......
You can always turn to the dark side and play the game right along with them! Only way to win it seems.

Old 07-01-2009, 02:18 PM

I think we just close our eyes ( dark for sure) and not listen to facts, warnings and issues.........
With banks, oil, and other warnings we never cared to see, or work on.

Old 07-01-2009, 03:30 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,788,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandpointian View Post
Trump is an ignorant buffoon who knows little about the economy.
+1

Banks are not lending because they have started enforcing qualification guidelines and many of those who are applying for financing are not credit worthy or have insufficient collateral. What does Mr. Trump Fool want to do, re-start lending willy nilly again like what has happened in the last 5 years? Ridiculous!

Trump is a traitor who has only his vested interests in mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics