Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 12:07 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,810,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
That Obama .... imagine him starting a recession a full year before becoming President. Boy ... he is more powerful than I thought.

Remeber he had a democratic congress for two years before that. Not much changed really as the congress is driving the agenda and he just signs offf on them.You don
t thni he is really drive the bus do you. Pelosi and reid and other senior demcrats are writting very bill.Even he must have a hardtime recognise his campiagn speeches on heathcare just for one instance.It looks more like hillary care than obama care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2009, 12:56 AM

977 posts, read 1,955,375 times
tex...spellcheck for God's sake.
But while I would love to pin the blame entirely on airhead Pelosi's democratic congress, I think the cause for the economy's collapse was the political stalemate that we had due to a democratic legislature with a republican white house. I think if the roles were reversed, it would have been the same. Another argument against partisan politics, for another thread.

Old 07-20-2009, 09:19 AM

5,760 posts, read 11,540,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traderx View Post
With 13% unemployment this is a great time to start a business.
Well sure. But this is (yet another) political garbage thread.

Has nothing to do with real Business, at all.

The idiots in the Political Section must have gotten sick of each other -- most of the rest of us have, long ago -- so they figure they can spew their garbage out in other guises on the other forums.

First two clues on idiotic political garbage in the Business Section -- "Obama" is in the title and it is posted by "Tonyandlclaire." You can usually be fairly sure that mindless idiocy follows.

Kind of makes you feel sorry for either Tony or Claire, huh?

Old 07-21-2009, 04:34 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,907,371 times
i am always interested in reading economic news and i certainly think unemployment statistics count as economic news, regardless of the source.
i have an unrelated question i am hoping someone can answer. when you get a positive feedback from a person but it is a "quick reputation" is there any way to tell who sent that feedback? thank you.

Old 07-21-2009, 07:59 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,861,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i have an unrelated question i am hoping someone can answer. when you get a positive feedback from a person but it is a "quick reputation" is there any way to tell who sent that feedback? thank you.
I don't think so,that is why I post my name...

Old 07-21-2009, 09:33 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,980,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post
Top Bank Analyst Predicts 13% Unemployment ! - Dr. O -- Seeking Alpha

If you have plans of starting a new business-----"DON'T DO IT"
The TRUTH about "Obama's Economy" .... is it was BUSH WHO CREATED THIS MESS ... not Obama.

That is the only TRUTH that applies here.

Bush led us into this ECONOMIC DEPRESSION with high unemployment ... and Obama is just trying to dig us out.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:57 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,861,563 times
I believe your guy recently accepted that THIS economy is indeed his....

Old 07-21-2009, 11:33 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,565,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post

Bush led us into this ECONOMIC DEPRESSION with high unemployment ... and Obama is just trying to dig us out.
I sure can't tell.

Old 07-22-2009, 02:27 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,374,384 times
Frankly, I'm sick to death of all these sideline analysts who pretend to have all the answers. They all know what would make the economy work and know more about the factors affecting the economy than the president and his advisors. Boggles the mind the lunacy. Guess they were all in a coma the last 8 years when Bush was working on throwing this country into a Depression after wasting nearly a trillion dollars on a failed ideological war.

Obama inherited a tragedy and he's working through it. Far, far too early to condemn his efforts not even 8 months into his presidency. Those of you so-called "experts" who think you know what's best for the economy need to do more, and talk less.

Old 07-22-2009, 04:53 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,907,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
The TRUTH about "Obama's Economy" .... is it was BUSH WHO CREATED THIS MESS ... not Obama.

That is the only TRUTH that applies here.

as long as this is getting political, let's go there. obama was in the senate making policy before he was elected president. it is disingenuous for him to pretend to not contribute to our unemployment with his policy decisions. remember this:

When the Senate voted Tuesday of the Peru Trade Agreement, a critical test of U.S. economic policy that raised fundamental questions with regard to how this country will frame its economic ties to hemispheric neighbors, the five senators who would be president were the only members of the chamber who missed the vote.
If we are to trust their statements with regard to the issue: Biden and Dodd would have voted against the Peru deal, while Obama and Clinton would have supported it.
But senators who don't bother to show up get the out of being able to rewrite history – including their own statements.

these so-called free trade agreements have cost americans jobs.

now on top of that obama is blowing future american earnings to create jobs which aren't even being created.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics