Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 02:38 PM

975 posts, read 1,750,036 times

Advertisements

Dd, that seem sreasonable enough.

See, I've never got caught up in the should we have or shouldn't we have. In my opinion thats why we have so few successful people relative to our population. The masses get caught up in the BS. The fact is the banks got bailed out under Bush and Obama has bailed out evryone else. I can't change that nor can anyone else. Therefore, it is a complete waste of valuable time and engery even thinking about it. Whats done is done.

On the other hand, just because I don't like something doesn't mean it's all bad. There have been many times that someone has come to me with an idea that I thought was stupid but I couldn't deny that it worked. Having an opinion is one thing, being married to it is completely wrong though.

You say the stimulus from the auto program will stop dead in it's tracks. I think it's possible that it will have more legs than that. But if not then no big deal. It was just a short term pop. I also tend to think more of this stuff is likely. If that happens what will the happen? I don't know because I don't know what they'll do next. How much will be spent. When.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2009, 07:23 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,262,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traderx View Post
Personally I'd like to solve our problems by deporting every broke, indebted person to some island and aborting all babies born to mothers with an IQ below 140 or household income of less than 75K. But nobody cares what I think and I realise that so instead I just focus on the what is.

Sounds kind of disturbing, but with proper professional help, most types of Anti Social Neurosis are treatable nowadays.

Old 08-22-2009, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
Sounds kind of disturbing, but with proper professional help, most types of Anti Social Neurosis are treatable nowadays.
Obviously the message went over your head Jim.

Old 08-22-2009, 09:31 PM

1,150 posts, read 2,691,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traderx View Post
You say the stimulus from the auto program will stop dead in it's tracks. I think it's possible that it will have more legs than that... I also tend to think more of this stuff is likely... I don't know what they'll do next. How much will be spent. When.
Trad, do you mean in a couple of months I will be able to trade in my old used sex toys for cash?? Sounds great! Heck, they can send 'em all over to Bill Clinton and Larry Craig in a big cardboard box for all I care. Just give me some damn $$$, okay!

Old 08-29-2009, 10:21 AM

Well, as usual, I mention "dirty dild0s" and the whole damn room clears out!!

Old 08-29-2009, 10:57 AM

40,929 posts, read 48,922,470 times
The next program already in the house for a vote is "Cash for Crack Houses". Designed for areas such as DC & Detroit.

Old 08-30-2009, 11:03 AM

I heard about federal cash rebates on the purchase of new dishwashers. Seems like a surefire way to reverse Global Warming, save the world economy, and pay off our 12 trillion deficit in no time at all, eh??

Speaking of crack, now is the time for the Feds to go pro-POT in a massive way. Push HEMP for Green Industry uses of all sorts, plus get everybody tokin' the kind buds. We could change the world in a minute, briefly forget the accomplishment, then say "Oh yeahhhhh, duuuude" and get back to change we can believe in once again (but not until we've finished the whole can of Pringles, the Reeses PB Cups, and the kinky sex)!

Old 08-30-2009, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by POhdNcrzy View Post
I heard about federal cash rebates on the purchase of new dishwashers. Seems like a surefire way to reverse Global Warming, save the world economy, and pay off our 12 trillion deficit in no time at all, eh??

Speaking of crack, now is the time for the Feds to go pro-POT in a massive way. Push HEMP for Green Industry uses of all sorts, plus get everybody tokin' the kind buds. We could change the world in a minute, briefly forget the accomplishment, then say "Oh yeahhhhh, duuuude" and get back to change we can believe in once again (but not until we've finished the whole can of Pringles, the Reeses PB Cups, and the kinky sex)!
I wouldn't be surprised if this cash for appliances thing becomes a reality. Doesn't seem any more far fetched to me than the cash for cars.

As for the pot, imo, they ought to legalize it for a bunch of reasons. The saving on law enforement and the legal system would be huge right off the bat. Obviously the tax revenues would be tremendous as well. Plus nothing would really change since anyone who wants the stuff today can get it as easily as a 6 pack of beer anyhow. Having used both eariler in my life it's always amazed me that pot was illegal and alcohol, which is 10x times worse and causes 100x more problems in society, is legal. I suppose in a perfect world there would be no market for either and both would be illegal but, hey, the world is far from perfect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics