Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 04:41 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traderx View Post
The lack of intelligence in these last posts is stunning. And we wonder why we have problems? Why we elect morons? Why people end up in forclosure? Good grief! If there was a way to short sell your lives I'd have no choice but to go all in.
are you calling the president a moron?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2009, 06:55 AM

5,522 posts, read 10,199,083 times
Quote:
The lack of intelligence in these last posts is stunning. And we wonder why we have problems? Why we elect morons? Why people end up in forclosure? Good grief! If there was a way to short sell your lives I'd have no choice but to go all in.
Yes trader, you create all the wealth. What you do has more value then anyone else. Stock traders and hedge fund managers have boatloads of value. If capitalism collapsed tomorrow, we would all look towards our local stock trader for guidance!

Get real. You are the one who is clueless. You create nothing. I would love to see a time in the US where worthless "suits" starve to death because they are exposed for the unproductive frauds they are.

However, until that point, I suppose there is no convincing someone living in a half a million dollar house on vacation in Hawaii that they are worthless to society.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:02 AM

975 posts, read 1,754,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
are you calling the president a moron?
he is a moron

Old 09-01-2009, 07:30 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,288,689 times
Quote:
What amazes me is why the world has not recognized your superior intelligence and declared you world ruler. You are obviously far more intelligent than all the rest of us lowly peons. Your fantastically huge ego is obviously justified by your accomplishments, good deeds, and compassion for your fellow human beings. Please forgive us for not being worthy of living in the same world as one so faultless. You must spend most of your time just hanging out alone, because I am sure you have never met anyone who impresses you anywhere close to the degree that you impress yourself..

Old 09-01-2009, 10:11 AM

You know Jim I''ve often thought the same thing. Life's just not fair I guess, plus I would have to come out of retirement which doesn't sound fun. Maybe when I get too old to golf and f**k I'll offer my services.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:18 AM

1,422 posts, read 2,303,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
NAFTA is worthless, should have never been signed, and should immediatley be revoked.

It is single handedly responsible for the influx of illegal Mexican immigrants, and has a big hand in the loss of thousands of American manufacturing and agricultural jobs.
Well it appears that the Mexicans had better start tightening their borders as a tidal wave of illegal American workers begins to flood in.

Got to see the irony of it all................

Old 09-01-2009, 01:11 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,789,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
A stock trader, hedge fund manager, and the like represent unproductive occupations that divert capital from the people who can produce with it. If business was operating in a true free market investors would purchase stock in companies they knew, or even better, worked for. Instead of relying on exotic financial fraud a corporation would take in investors money and issue stock, then pay dividends based on its performance. Buyers of the stock would value it based on its performance. I would like to see the financial system decentralized and the NYSE bypassed in favor of local transactions. If the useless financial elite can be shoved aside and replaced by innovators like inventors the United States will be on the road to prosperity. Then the dysfunctional government will need to be restored to the limits of the Constitution. This would be possible if the media can be diversified by encouraging independent television and radio as well as increased internet freedom. The more light you can shine on the vermin that control the government now, the more productive people you empower.
I so agree with this.

Old 09-01-2009, 03:11 PM

2,347 posts, read 3,334,280 times
These forums are funnier than watching old John Candy movies. Nothings going to change. So many of you are complaining about how "we need to clean house".

C'mon. Are you even fooling yourself here? Change like that starts with all of us. That means with me and with you. But as long as the following obstacles remain in place, Wall Street is going to continue fleecing us all. With the sick irony being that they are making us believe they are doing us a favor at the same time.

Complaining, whining, and 'calls for action' are easy to do when you are on a message board in the comfort of your own home. But the reality is that it's all bark and no bite. If you guys were REALLY serious about this, SOME of you would be out organizing protests and demands for accountability.

Yes. The person you voted for IS part of the problem. It isn't always the other cities/states/districts. Yes you too need to get over the fact that you voted for a loser. And when are you going to quit running with the herd and for once in your life go against the grain, be a nonconformist, and maybe vote for the long shot candidate who might actually make a difference?

Even if you could somehow get past that, are you going to be able to look past what REALLY decides an election? Think "my party affiliation", the "right" race/age/gender", who's the best looking, and who did or didn't shake hands with Darth Vader while clubbing a kitten.

Yes. Your one vote by itself probably won't make a difference. But maybe if enough of you collectively say you have had it and can look beyond the superficial issues above, maybe it would. But naw. You'd just assume that there just enough will out theere to galvanize the voters to make a difference. So why bother?

I'm sure you'd all love to get out and vote. But who's got time to wait at a polling place when you have your little shopping trips to Wal Mart and Bev Mo to do? What about Laycee's soccer tryout or Calebs basketball game? And tonights episode of "American Idol" is supposed to be a classic. Can't miss that.

You're sick and tired of the banking and Wall Street bailouts. Not to mention NAFTA and all that brought on. But Go*dammit you aren't about to give up your online banking or debit cards. And there's no way you're gonna pay more than a hundred bucks for a DVD player or two dollars for a head of lettuce, right?

Get real people. You want to see change? Look in the freaking mirror. See how much YOU YOURSELF are willing to change. Then come back and complain about it.

Old 09-01-2009, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Des-Lab View Post
These forums are funnier than watching old John Candy movies. Nothings going to change. So many of you are complaining about how "we need to clean house".

C'mon. Are you even fooling yourself here? Change like that starts with all of us. That means with me and with you. But as long as the following obstacles remain in place, Wall Street is going to continue fleecing us all. With the sick irony being that they are making us believe they are doing us a favor at the same time.

Complaining, whining, and 'calls for action' are easy to do when you are on a message board in the comfort of your own home. But the reality is that it's all bark and no bite. If you guys were REALLY serious about this, SOME of you would be out organizing protests and demands for accountability.

Yes. The person you voted for IS part of the problem. It isn't always the other cities/states/districts. Yes you too need to get over the fact that you voted for a loser. And when are you going to quit running with the herd and for once in your life go against the grain, be a nonconformist, and maybe vote for the long shot candidate who might actually make a difference?

Even if you could somehow get past that, are you going to be able to look past what REALLY decides an election? Think "my party affiliation", the "right" race/age/gender", who's the best looking, and who did or didn't shake hands with Darth Vader while clubbing a kitten.

Yes. Your one vote by itself probably won't make a difference. But maybe if enough of you collectively say you have had it and can look beyond the superficial issues above, maybe it would. But naw. You'd just assume that there just enough will out theere to galvanize the voters to make a difference. So why bother?

I'm sure you'd all love to get out and vote. But who's got time to wait at a polling place when you have your little shopping trips to Wal Mart and Bev Mo to do? What about Laycee's soccer tryout or Calebs basketball game? And tonights episode of "American Idol" is supposed to be a classic. Can't miss that.

You're sick and tired of the banking and Wall Street bailouts. Not to mention NAFTA and all that brought on. But Go*dammit you aren't about to give up your online banking or debit cards. And there's no way you're gonna pay more than a hundred bucks for a DVD player or two dollars for a head of lettuce, right?

Get real people. You want to see change? Look in the freaking mirror. See how much YOU YOURSELF are willing to change. Then come back and complain about it.
Sweeeeet! There is intelligent life out there!!

Old 09-01-2009, 04:25 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,288,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Des-Lab View Post

The first step in change is awareness. Presently most people do not really know what is happening, much less why. The complaining you are so tired of is the first baby step of awareness. Action does not take place until the discomfort of the situation hits the average Joe. As long as the powers that be make it comfortable to be unemployed or over your head in debt, no one cares. At some point they will be in pain and then the question is where their anger will be directed. The people in power now would prefer the people be divided into groups based on race, religion, politics, sexual preference, or any other basis to fight among themselves. The truth is there are only two sides, the ultra wealthy elite, (of which no one who posts here belongs) and the rest of us. If we could just get people to recognize that basic truth, there would be some hope to begin to turn the direction of this lost ship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics