Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 02:45 PM

10 posts, read 44,487 times

Advertisements

The best recourse is to challenge BoA on the fact they misled congress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2009, 01:47 PM

2,256 posts, read 6,956,195 times
Default OK I believe it now

Just to recap to everyone, I had no idea when I started this thread way back when that I would ever see a good conclusion from it.

Attached is a letter I received from BOA today. I've scanned it in for everyone to see. I hope you all receive one of these in the coming days if not already.

Thanks to everyone who in addition to me took further action to get this overturned.

Score one for the litte guys
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BOA.pdf (55.5 KB, 325 views)

Old 12-07-2009, 04:33 PM

3 posts, read 11,809 times
Got my letter today!!!

Old 12-07-2009, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTINOVA View Post
Got my letter today!!!
Awesome I hope to hear this from everyone on here

Old 12-08-2009, 12:51 PM

4 posts, read 23,007 times
Yes, I received mine yesterday as well - exactly the same as the one posted.

Old 12-08-2009, 01:00 PM

1 posts, read 1,770 times
Default thanks everyone

I am late to post but received the variable letter a few months back and was enraged. I found this site and began drafting a letter to my congress person as well as to Barney Frank. I had to step away from the letter for about a few weeks because I was angry and did not want that to cloud my ability to advocate for myself and others.

I received the letter last night confirming that my account would remain fixed. I will say that it was a horribly crafted letter, almost as horrible as the one that we were sent which stated that the terms of the account were being changed to a variable rate.

I just wanted to say thank you to all of you who spoke on behalf of the rest of us. I have regretted my decision to consolidate my loans with BOA but I am stuck with this loan for the short time. I took a higher interest rate so that I could have one payment and was told that of course they would review my account in 6 months to see if I could get my rate lower. I have tried twice to have the rate lowered and of course it has not been, they have no incentive to reduce the rate, where am I going to take my consolidated loan to?

Like many of you, I am working diligently on paying down my debt. Thank you for helping to make that task less difficult.

Old 12-08-2009, 04:23 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,092,789 times
I spoke with Greg Davis' office this afternoon, and they told me in a phone conversation which was recorded that my and all Gold Option LOC's that are still in good standing (i.e. have missed no payments) they will get the letter.

Haven't recieved it yet as of today but they indicated they were all mailed on this past Thursday & Friday. We shall see, but they were pretty convincing and adamant it was happening.

Old 12-08-2009, 04:41 PM

For everyone who still hasn't seen I attached my letter in post#82 here

Old 12-09-2009, 01:01 PM

4 posts, read 23,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meleetyme View Post
I just wanted to say thank you to all of you who spoke on behalf of the rest of us. I have regretted my decision to consolidate my loans with BOA but I am stuck with this loan for the short time. I took a higher interest rate so that I could have one payment and was told that of course they would review my account in 6 months to see if I could get my rate lower. I have tried twice to have the rate lowered and of course it has not been, they have no incentive to reduce the rate, where am I going to take my consolidated loan to?
Don't regret your decision - if any of your consolidated debt was from credit card companies, you would have received letters from all of them by now significantly increasing your APR! In the end you probably have a lower APR now than you would had you not consolidated!

Old 12-11-2009, 07:44 AM

1,549 posts, read 4,256,869 times
This is great everyone! I received two letters and I'm happy about their decision!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics