Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 11:25 AM

2 posts, read 2,523 times

Advertisements

I am in a similar situation with a few exceptions. I've been unemployed for just over 14 months. Receiving my first extension was smooth; however, there were delays in receiving some of the checks. The last check on the first extension was paid on 12/1/09 for the week of 10/31/09, with the claim expiring on 11/14/09. The stub states: "You are eligible for another extension. It will be automatically filed for you... No action is necessary on your part. You will be mailed claim forms." However, to date, I have received nothing from the EDD - no check, no claim form. I have tried to call repeatedly and did finally manage to reach a person on 1/23/10. She kindly took my information and gave me a reference number. She also informed me that someone would contact me via email or phone during the next week. I have heard nothing so far. I have also submitted two requests via the EDD website. Anyone have any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2010, 10:37 AM

1 posts, read 1,540 times
Default claim expires but money left

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmll View Post
I received an email from EDD in response to a question about my check and they reminded me that my claim expires 2/6/10 and informed me that I would have to file a new claim after that date. I too still have funds left in my second extension. I sent an email today asking why I have to file a "new claim" since I haven't exhausted the second extension. I am very concerned since this money is my lifeblood. I understood from the info I've read at EDD's website that I should not have to file a new claim. I have not worked in the past 14 months and believe I qualify for the remainder of the second extension, at least. I too am confused and very frustrated. I just wish EDD would get their act together and quit worrying us unemployed folks who are trying desperately to stay afloat not to mention find work in a CA county whose unemployment rate is 18.5%.
this is the exact situation of mine. my claim expires but i still have over $3000 in my claim balance. i can't reapply because i've been out of work for the last year so i haven't money to collect from. anyway, can I go back to my 2nd extension? the whole reapply for people out of work doesn't make sense- how will anyone qualify since they've been out of work!

Old 03-12-2010, 09:49 AM

3 posts, read 11,854 times
To Minniemax: You do not qualify for a new claim so you will remain on your extension. This is the result I was given by EDD and it has turned out to be true. Since I did not work within the last year, I do not have enough funds in an account to qualify for a new claim. Hence, remaining on the extension. I suggest you contact EDD via email and/or file for a new claim and you will, hopefully, receive the results you are seeking. It worked for me and I am so grateful.

Old 11-01-2010, 04:23 PM

3 posts, read 5,087 times
Hey Guys, I know this is an old thread but I am in a similar situation (the exact same as COBBCHICK2003) and I really need to know what to do.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:16 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times
If you want good answers to CA EDD questions, post them on the Unemployment Forum under Work and Employment. This thread belongs there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics