Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 08:59 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
You fail.

Props for the bump though, kinda funny to see HappyTexan and jimhcom practically licking their monitors at a juicy prediction of impending doom from an astrologer.... nice post come again I read every word look forward to the next post etc.
This is what I posted LAST YEAR:

"Thank you for the post. Do keep them coming."

Do you extreme much ??
So a polite Thank you is a rah rah for crash and burn ?

You should learn to expand your sphere of reading materials.
I read them all and then form an opinion.
I read the rah-rah as well as the crash and burn.
We fall somewhere in the middle.

Feel free to ONLY see unicorns, lollipops and Utopia though.
But I will continue to read both sides of the coin.
If you want to label people and berate them then please go to the politics forum.
At one time all viewpoints here in the business forum were RATIONALLY talked about and debated and each viewpoint held merit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 09:58 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,050,618 times
Here is 2 rhetorical questions...how many times do doomers need to be wrong before they realize it? How many failed predictions will change some ones mind?

Doesn't matter to me. I'm making money hand over fist doing the exact opposite.

Anyone could see a bubble with a time series graph. A number of economists/analysts/regulators went through what was going to happen but were drowned out by sales people earning commissions and those buying into the dream. What do networks show? What people want to see.

I pulled my money out of assets I viewed as being hit, and if the people I know asked for advice I encouraged people to get away from those at risk. Since I didn't tell them what they wanted to hear many screamed at or ignored me like the other analysts warnings. The bubble shows a great deal more about psychology and the math ability of the average American, and not very much about stars.

There is something insanely satisfying about laughing all the way to the bank.

Old 01-28-2011, 10:25 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Here is 2 rhetorical questions...how many times do doomers need to be wrong before they realize it? How many failed predictions will change some ones mind?

Doesn't matter to me. I'm making money hand over fist doing the exact opposite.

Anyone could see a bubble with a time series graph. A number of economists/analysts/regulators went through what was going to happen but were drowned out by sales people earning commissions and those buying into the dream. What do networks show? What people want to see.

I pulled my money out of assets I viewed as being hit, and if the people I know asked for advice I encouraged people to get away from those at risk. Since I didn't tell them what they wanted to hear many screamed at or ignored me like the other analysts warnings. The bubble shows a great deal more about psychology and the math ability of the average American, and not very much about stars.

There is something insanely satisfying about laughing all the way to the bank.
I am right there with you. I got out as well and sat on the sidelines earning a paltry 3-4% while everyone watched their losses mount.

There is nothing wrong with sitting on the sidelines while the market crashes but the economists and financial experts will tell you otherwise.

I got my eye on some commodity stocks for the next crash.
Nothing wrong with "Hope for the best and plan for the worst".

Old 01-28-2011, 10:29 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,193,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Feel free to ONLY see unicorns, lollipops and Utopia though.
That is the funny thing with the types like you who are determined to see negative, there is no gray area one is either for doomsday or utopia, you are too blind to even realize many others can see both sides of the coin.

I know that recently in this forum I've scoffed at predictions of unemployment being reduced to 6.5% this year, and of the housing market coming back soon etc. but nah since I'm not all negative all the time it is just utopia.

Look at your Christmas -4% thread, that's all one needs to see to realize how slanted you view the world.

Old 01-28-2011, 12:23 PM

Actually I shouldn't have brought you up, my fault. I see you as only negative, apparently you see me as only positive, the truth is probably somewhere in between. Have a nice weekend HappyTexan!

Old 01-28-2011, 03:46 PM

106,579 posts, read 108,713,667 times
i prefer womens hem lines as my predictor. i cant do any worse then bill gross,norial rubini and meridith whitney were from the end of 2008 on.

Old 01-28-2011, 05:26 PM

You should wear a scarf too, it hides the adam's apple so makes you look more legit.

Old 01-29-2011, 09:35 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And I read it all..every sentence.

Thank you for the post. Do keep them coming.
You don't want them to keep coming.

He's a fraud, and a blight on astrology and astrologers.

What he'll do is frighten everyone, then start spamming them and take their money.

Old 01-29-2011, 09:37 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Astrologer View Post
If that is so, then you're already way behind. Some astrologers saw this coming - I did back over 10 years ago. Few listened because they confused living "high on the hog" rather than paying attention to the actual transits and real conditions of the markets.

And... if you think you've seen something in the 2000s - just wait for the 2010s.
If you don't leave this forum immediately, I will bring WilsonTC and a few others over here to expose you for the fraud you are.

Anyone who wants to know the real deal about this piece of shat, PM me and I will direct you to others. That guy is a criminal.

Stiu cine esti.

Old 01-29-2011, 09:54 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,730,510 times
Well, this just got interesting!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics