Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 03:03 AM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times

Advertisements

Back in the 50's, President Eisenhower apologized to the American people, one year, when he didn't balance the Federal budget, and ran a $3 billion deficit!

Nowadays?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012, 09:00 PM

73 posts, read 74,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Back in the 50's, President Eisenhower apologized to the American people, one year, when he didn't balance the Federal budget, and ran a $3 billion deficit!

Nowadays?
Those were the days my friend...

Old 09-13-2012, 07:41 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,804,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Just wait folks, you haven't seen nothing yet!
Check me out! it's now 16T under only three years later.

In another 3 years it will be -20T. Who in their right mind can think this is sustainable?!

Old 09-13-2012, 08:35 AM

20,706 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:

In another 3 years it will be -20T. Who in their right mind can think this is sustainable?!
That would be me. I explained exactly why its sustainable.

Old 09-13-2012, 05:04 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times
Quote:
Why are you shocked? You knew that was going to happen.

Quote:
In another 3 years it will be -20T.
Uh, exactly 3 years from now about $20.523 TRILLION.

Quote:
Who in their right mind can think this is sustainable?!
It isn't, and you'll find that out soon enough.

Indebtedly....

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
That would be me. I explained exactly why its sustainable.
He was talking Real World, not Science-Fiction/Fantasy.

Economically...

Mircea

Old 09-13-2012, 05:08 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
Sounds like we need to increase revenue to a point that wwe are paying down the debt.

Old 09-13-2012, 07:06 PM

Quote:
He was talking Real World, not Science-Fiction/Fantasy.
Idiotically...

Why do't you actually try to refute the theory I am channeling instead of your witless, rhetorical rubbish?

http://pragcap.com/understanding-modern-monetary-system

Regardless of its efficacy or not, its sustainable.

Lets see the record of the sky is falling public debt chicken little, and their feckless clucking.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...863842,00.html

If it does go down, it will be the foreign debt.

Its still the money supply.

Last edited by gwynedd1; 09-13-2012 at 07:17 PM..

Old 09-13-2012, 07:55 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Sounds like we need to increase revenue to a point that wwe are paying down the debt.
Under current law that's the plan.

Having said that, 25 years from now the debt will still be higher than at anytime after 1951.

And under current law it'll be a painful 25 years for everyone and then of course you're going to have to raise payroll taxes to try and pay for the social safety net.

What do you think the states are going to look like after you suck $500 billion a year from them and the people in them? Of course that doesn't even include increasing the payroll taxes that fund the social safety net.

You folks have absolutely no clue what's coming your way and it may just be a better choice to go stand on a railroad track if you're not planning on it.

And of course you have Rombama who are collectively claiming they're going to keep taxes where they are for the people be they rich, middle class and/or poor.

You have a choice between FUBAR and ultra-FUBAR, choose wisely.

Old 09-13-2012, 08:00 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Idiotically...

Why do't you actually try to refute the theory I am channeling instead of your witless, rhetorical rubbish?

UNDERSTANDING THE MODERN MONETARY SYSTEM | PRAGMATIC CAPITALISM

Regardless of its efficacy or not, its sustainable.

Lets see the record of the sky is falling public debt chicken little, and their feckless clucking.

NATIONAL DEBT DILEMMA: FRB and Treasury Face a New Problem - TIME

If it does go down, it will be the foreign debt.

Its still the money supply.

That's what you think is sustainable? Sorry, I just can't help but laugh in your face uncontrollably.

Old 09-13-2012, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post

That's what you think is sustainable? Sorry, I just can't help but laugh in your face uncontrollably.

Really? Did you just show me the "reserves"? Well shoe shine boy I am laughing in your face since 2008. Reserves don't mean squat. That model is long gone. Anytime banks want reserves Ben hits the R key. Didn't you see it on TV? You really think banks worry about reserves when making loans? They loan when assets have equity. Did you ever bother to wonder why all those green blips called "reserves" just pile up? Nah...

The dollar will not be a domestic phenomena. We are debt saturated. The dollar threat will be a geopolitical event when and if the dollar is tossed over board or some sort of asset price spike particularly an oil crisis. If cash reserves plunge in an oil panic then you will have an issue, but then it never had crap to do with the "reserves" since no matter what they are it will just wind up using" velocity". Looking at Fed reserves is a joke people like just didn't get going on 5 years now.

Need an asset equity sink hole. Soon as one shows up, we'll talk.

Last edited by gwynedd1; 09-13-2012 at 09:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics