Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 04:57 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,673,069 times

Advertisements

While not exactly like the Bible description FICO is very much like the biblical "Mark of The Best" in the way it controls our money life.

“He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.” Revelation 13:16-17"

The mark of the beast?

Almost everyone in the world will get the mark of the beast. There are many reasons why people will choose to get the mark:

It will be required for everyone.....FICO is required.

There will be severe penalties for refusing the mark of the beast ..FICO can make it impossible to borrow or buy

There will be great rewards for getting the mark of the beast...a good FICO means you can buy or borrow

People will believe they are honoring God by receiving the mark of the beast..FICO is the "God" measure for money

People will be afraid of not getting the mark of the beast..FICO makes people afraid to borrow when they need to or to make independent choices

Peer pressure – most other people are getting the mark of the beast..FICO is a measure of the person you are to many people. It's more important that it should be

Financial pressure – can’t buy or sell without the mark of the beast...FICO is the measure we all must be put to when we need to borrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2010, 05:50 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Apparently FICO scores are becoming irrelevant so that particular "beast" doesn't seem so scary anymore. Plus, the Bible isn't just about the United States.
NewCreditRules.com: Fair Isaac Corporation (FICO) increasingly irrelevant

Old 03-24-2010, 06:07 PM

2,221 posts, read 5,287,341 times
No, I think this is actually the mark of the beast:

Old 03-24-2010, 06:12 PM

1,492 posts, read 7,712,103 times
No-

apparently it will be

Obama's health insurance policy #

every American has to have one or else there will be a penalty!

Think about it.

FICO- although it has such a strong hold...it is really fabricated and tied directly to the financial industry.
I own my car and home outright and if I 'never' change my auto policy...I'll never need my FICO ever again! Hopefully.

Old 03-24-2010, 06:13 PM

1,369 posts, read 3,309,234 times
FICO stock is ~26.x now...higher than in Mar 2008. It may becoming irrelevant, but it's not reflected in the stock as it has more than doubled off its 2009 lows.

Old 03-24-2010, 06:15 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Nope..example..cash buyers have no need for FICO.
I can buy food without showing the cashier my FICO score.

And no one that I know of has their FICO score tatooed on their hand or forehead.

You can live without owning a credit card.

There..FICO is NOT the mark of the Beast.

Old 03-24-2010, 06:52 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
No;itys the sign thst soemthing either you did or by luck has gone wrong in your life.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:51 PM

2,883 posts, read 5,888,756 times
To me, fico and credit scoring are a very weird way to control people.

-Much like how social security number use has changed over the years. It was never originally to be a form of ID, or a way to track you, but "they" I guess decided otherwise. And your SS number morphed into something else.

-The fico thing is weird, since they exclude so many items that people pay monthly on (like your rent). Wouldn't paying your rent on time every month count towards your credit worthiness? Or paying rent increases for a number of years. I think they excluded items of the poor, so they could raise their borrowing costs.

Old 03-24-2010, 08:07 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Now..when they start talking RFID for everyone..then I may jump in agreement.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:33 AM

5,760 posts, read 11,541,357 times
FICO seems more like your "permanent record" from Jr. High School.

Still haunts me today.

Anyway, since you can buy or sell nothing without the Mark, presently I am thinking the (trade)mark of the Beast would have to be: Made In China.

I love Biblo-wack-a-doodle Economics.

btw, you are all Going to Hell.

Enjoy >>>

YouTube - The Bastard Fairies-We're All Going To Hell (Official Video)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics