Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 08:58 PM

240 posts, read 536,387 times

Advertisements

The best you can do is try to borrow the balance owed, pay it off and avoid the repo man. Otherwise, go buy a car at a "we finance" lot, and let them repo the car you owe 36 payments on. You'll probably be sued for what ever the difference is on the remaining balance after the repo'ed car is sold at auction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2010, 06:14 AM
Itz

714 posts, read 2,195,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpascoe21 View Post
thanks to all those "never done any thing wrong" people, if you notice i never said i was blaming them i was simple asking for input on what i can do. like i said i relied on them to get me my paper and never bothered to stay on them about it. So again if a collection agency now has my debt can the collection agency them selfs repo the car?
Theres nothing you can do.. Sounds like you put yourself into a jamb on this one.
You SHOULD have contacted the agency when you didn't receive the paperwork...

The collection agency - well, that sucks... depending on your state they can expect full payment in 90 days then garnish your wages for up to 21% of your income until the debt is paid off - which incrues FEES as well as interest up to %21 ..

Old 04-12-2010, 06:27 AM

1,172 posts, read 2,627,802 times
This is a troll job.. nobody is that stupid.

Old 04-12-2010, 09:55 AM

3,400 posts, read 8,018,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcrules1 View Post
Pft, yes they are. Frequently.

Old 04-12-2010, 10:05 AM

8,954 posts, read 20,642,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpascoe21 View Post
thanks to all those "never done any thing wrong" people, if you notice i never said i was blaming them i was simple asking for input on what i can do. like i said i relied on them to get me my paper and never bothered to stay on them about it. So again if a collection agency now has my debt can the collection agency them selfs repo the car?
What can you do? Get a lawyer to defend you in the impending suit for all your property when the court judgement comes down that you are in gross default.

While you may not understand this.....The truth is you are so deep in trouble now that you can't see day light.

Oh yes, I'm not joking about the lawyer. You're gonna need a good one...........

Old 04-12-2010, 10:06 AM

8,954 posts, read 20,642,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcrules1 View Post
sadly, yes they can be.............

Old 04-12-2010, 10:20 AM

2,347 posts, read 3,321,744 times
I'll even take it a step further and say that I don't know which is worse:

That there are [lots] of people who are that stupid?

Or bury themselves that deep and then either a) try and point the finger at someone else, b) ask if there's a way out (i.e. try and wriggle out of their self inflicted pickle), or c) both.

As if we needed any, this is just more proof indicative of our "rights without responsibilities" culture.

So to the OP: You did it. Drop your pants, bend over and take it like a man. You owe it to both yourself and whoever you bought the car from.

Next time, you'll actually be responsible. We all know that things happen in life sometimes. But for Gods sake, take care of it when it's a small problem.

By the time you become a skip, it's too late. And when it catches up to you (which it sounds like it's closing in fast), you'll wish you did things right teh first time.

Old 04-12-2010, 10:58 AM

1,914 posts, read 7,138,537 times
Wow for 3 years they let you "slide"??? For three years you made no payments??? Wow!! How could they NOT find you?? Just hand over the car to them. Your credit is ruined anyways.

And yes they will come after you for the difference in the amount they collect when they sell it at auction and what your balance is. Good luck. You're gonna need it.

Old 04-12-2010, 02:11 PM

90 posts, read 533,772 times
Did you renew your registration? I thought that if you do not pay, lien holder noitifies DMV and you would not be able to renew your registration.

Old 04-12-2010, 04:19 PM

5,450 posts, read 6,240,814 times
I'm not being judgemental here, but no payments for three years is not "late payments", it's "no payments". After three years, I doubt that they will be willing to make any sort of payment arrangements with you. That said, the only real options you have here are to pay off the loan in full plus whatever fees and penalties may apply, or let them repo the car and be done with it. Good luck.

Quote:
It may or may not be a troll job, but yes, a lot of people today DO act this stupidly. More and more, people in this country who act with this sort if irresponsibility and display this sort of self discipline (especially financially) are becoming the majority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics